Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Texas A&M

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I just purchased some nice luggage for Mikey

giphy.gif
He makes 3.5 mil per year; he can afford good luggage for his trip to Oxford.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
TAM with 36! Fts in the 2nd half and OT combined, refs HUGE in helping getting them this win, HUGE. Gators will 18 turnovers killed us too and our 3 point shooting was 21% lol or else we win big by 12 points or more. Thankfully the season is over and MW will be gone.
Reversing the out of bounds call was the final dagger. None of the refs called a foul on the play so the only thing they should have been able to discuss was who it went off of. They can't go back and huddle and say, "hey, you think that was a foul? Maybe we should change it to a foul."

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Everyone knows I think Mike sux and he does. I have said it for years. There is a reason why when I lived in G'ville for a few years all I had to do was go to any game (sans UK) and someone would give me a ticket b/c the place would not draw flies. And we all would love to see some huge, unrealistic name or great coach show up. But here is what was realistic. Anyone with a pea sized brain has had 1, 2 or 3 years to have told Mike to pack his bags and could have hired Porter Moser. We talked about Moser after he came into the O'Dome and cleaned our clock and then went to the final 4 with what looked like a group of YMCA guys. His teams play hard as hell (Mike's don't) and have some understanding of fundamentals (Mike's don't). Moser may never win the big one, but Mike sure as hell will not. But Moser has proven that he can take less talented, athletic teams, now at 2 places, and play with, compete and even beat teams better than his. Instead we will shop again at the $1.25 Tree. But as long as Mike is gone, that is step 1. Step 2 will be total Potluck with Fooley and Strichnine scouring the stats from the Sun Belt or A-Sun.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is a list from an "insider." These are your only options. Who do you want? I hope the insider is just trolling.

Shaka (Khan) Smart
Bob Richey (google it)
Mike White
Drew Valentine (see note #2 above)
Speedy Claxton (Hofstra)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Overtime!!!

Kowacie with 2 3pters in the final min

... a Gator freshman. Who will help Kowacie next year -- remind me again. Jitoboh? Gaktek? What transferee is coming? What freshman skills are on the way.?
And will Mike White mold them into winners.? :D

UF fans are due for basketball that is cheering after 7 years of crummy non-leadership.? :embarrassed:

P.S.>> Excuse me! Much like White did, I forgot to see Niels Lane as a workable player.? :confused: He will return next year.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The discredit White has brought against our Gators cannot make Patino an outlandish choice.??

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we will lose at least 7 players and our HC for next season so its a COMPLETE and TOTAL teardown and rebuild like the football team. ZERO talent left on the roster and a new HC coming in so its going to be a good 2-3 years before we even sniff 15 wins in a single season.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
ZERO talent left on the roster

What I see....

JUNIORS:
CJ Felder - meh
J. Jitoboh - meh

SOPHMORES:
A. Klatsky - hope there isn't a scholarship being wasted here
J. May - see above
T. Gatkek - doubtful there is growth
N. Lane - didn't see enough to have an opinion

FRESHMEN:
E. Kennedy - potential, maybe
K. Reeves - potential, def 3pt shooter

I agree, not much talent for next year.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we will lose at least 7 players and our HC for next season so its a COMPLETE and TOTAL teardown and rebuild like the football team. ZERO talent left on the roster and a new HC coming in so its going to be a good 2-3 years before we even sniff 15 wins in a single season.

I disagree.
One of the great things about college basketball is that the roster can be retrofitted quickly by a new coach and completely rebuilt in a couple of years.
Nate Oates won big in year one at Bama as did Eric Musselman at Arkansas.

The key is finding the right coach and hiring him versus taking the advice of your friends (other AD’s) in the business or reacting to what talking heads (Jay Bilas) tell you to do.

As recently as last week Bilas was continuing to pimp Mike White so we should be asking him to help fund the buyout.

The right coach is out there the administration needs to do diligence to getting it right this time.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I've been a Gator BB fan since the days of Sloan, Bartlett, Sloan again, Walk, Higley, Owens, et al. But as things stand now, I just don't give two schytts anymore - at least not while MW is still in G'ville. If we struggle for several years to resurrect the reeking corpse of a program our no-talent phukk-nozzle of a HC will eventually leave behind, so be it. I can live with almost anything except the status quo. Hence, I won't be posting on UF BB again until weasel boy has finally been ridden out of town on a rail. I just have better ways to piss away the rest of my life than devoting another moment to the colossal goat phukk we laughingly refer to as UFBB. Over and out.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I disagree.
One of the great things about college basketball is that the roster can be retrofitted quickly by a new coach and completely rebuilt in a couple of years.
Nate Oates won big in year one at Bama as did Eric Musselman at Arkansas.

The key is finding the right coach and hiring him versus taking the advice of your friends (other AD’s) in the business or reacting to what talking heads (Jay Bilas) tell you to do.

As recently as last week Bilas was continuing to pimp Mike White so we should be asking him to help fund the buyout.

The right coach is out there the administration needs to do diligence to getting it right this time.

Correct. But trying to point out objectivity and process to JBoss is pointless. He can't see past his super thick O&B glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator