***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs Galloping Giraffes***

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I have nothing against Franks. That shushing things just showed his age and the pressure he felt. Was he a great QB at UF? No, but I believe he gave it his all when he played. He left as he should have and I haven't heard one negative word about the Gators from him. I hope he loses Saturday and wish him well in the future.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
cause he shushed some haters? replying for a friend.............
Serious question: Have you ever seen a football player do that to their own fans before? You've been watching football for at least 5 decades.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I have nothing against Franks. That shushing things just showed his age and the pressure he felt. Was he a great QB at UF? No, but I believe he gave it his all when he played. He left as he should have and I haven't heard one negative word about the Gators from him. I hope he loses Saturday and wish him well in the future.
I'm with Frozen on this. The bar is set pretty high for what Gator fans expect from their QB. After all, there three good reminders of that standard on the west side of the stadium (and arguably should have been a fourth). FF not only lacked the talent to reach that bar, but also the maturity. I too was annoyed at the shushing and several other "look at me" antics you would see from him on the field on occasion, but I think he bought into what CDM was selling and gave it his best shot. His performance in 2018 starting with the comeback against USCe through the bowl game against Meatchicken was remarkable and, for a brief moment, I thought he could be a really good QB if he could take that next step. Sadly the next season, the scUM & UK games (sandwiched around a great performance against an FCS team) revealed that he had not. I hate the way his Florida career ended and when I balance the good with the bad I really have no hard feelings for the guy. Like many others here, I hope the D knocks the crap out him Saturday and he throws a bunch of picks. I'd also like to see him score a TD in garbage time and do it with class, demonstrating that maybe he's learned something.
And - FTR - the "Heave to Cleve" will always be one of my favorite highlights.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
the local paper made the point today how the fan base hates FF

The fan "base" doesn't hate him and this is just the same BS stories as the entire fan base booing Chris Leak. The only group that loves complaining about fans more than players are the reporters. While they both make money solely off those same fans, only the players have a discernable skill that anyone is paying to see.

Did the fans see and cringe when he acted like a clown on the field, yes? of course.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Really I just said I've been cheering for Franks so corch wouldn't chastise me. Actually I only cheered for him against uga. Every other game I've loudly and proudly cheered for his demise. I've even caught myself at random times shushing the t.v. and dropping racist homophobic slurs directed at his mother. I stole one of my daughters toy dolls and painted his jersey on it and multiple times a game I break the dolls ankles. Six weeks ago I took a shyt in a tin candy box and mailed it to his father. About 2 weeks ago I located his grandparents house, nice place. I laugh myself to sleep every night at the thought of them wondering why their jack russell has a slight limp. Tracked down his girl friend from back in 9th grade made some sexual advances, she declined.
That's it? Pretty half-assed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with Frozen on this. The bar is set pretty high for what Gator fans expect from their QB. After all, there three good reminders of that standard on the west side of the stadium (and arguably should have been a fourth). FF not only lacked the talent to reach that bar, but also the maturity. I too was annoyed at the shushing and several other "look at me" antics you would see from him on the field on occasion, but I think he bought into what CDM was selling and gave it his best shot. His performance in 2018 starting with the comeback against USCe through the bowl game against Meatchicken was remarkable and, for a brief moment, I thought he could be a really good QB if he could take that next step. Sadly the next season, the scUM & UK games (sandwiched around a great performance against an FCS team) revealed that he had not. I hate the way his Florida career ended and when I balance the good with the bad I really have no hard feelings for the guy. Like many others here, I hope the D knocks the crap out him Saturday and he throws a bunch of picks. I'd also like to see him score a TD in garbage time and do it with class, demonstrating that maybe he's learned something.
And - FTR - the "Heave to Cleve" will always be one of my favorite highlights.
Embarrassing.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Arkansas doesn't do anything well. We could easily score in the 50's. They give up a lot of sacks so "Dr. Pressure" could rack up 6-7.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Serious question: Have you ever seen a football player do that to their own fans before? You've been watching football for at least 5 decades.
Good observation and question. I never booed him so he wasnt shushing me. But then again I never boo my own players. I let rivals do that shttt.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Because I know the thought of me cheering for Franks is a kick in the nuts to your soul.

Really I just said I've been cheering for Franks so corch wouldn't chastise me. Actually I only cheered for him against uga. Every other game I've loudly and proudly cheered for his demise. I've even caught myself at random times shushing the t.v. and dropping racist homophobic slurs directed at his mother. I stole one of my daughters toy dolls and painted his jersey on it and multiple times a game I break the dolls ankles. Six weeks ago I took a shyt in a tin candy box and mailed it to his father. About 2 weeks ago I located his grandparents house, nice place. I laugh myself to sleep every night at the thought of them wondering why their jack russell has a slight limp. Tracked down his girl friend from back in 9th grade made some sexual advances, she declined.
HOF shttt right there, BG. I am jealous and impressed. gdmm made me laugh out loud about the jack russell.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The local paper made the point today how the fan base hates FF but the team loved him. How do you hate a gator player that broke UT's heart with a pass like that? He won games for us when the previousl 100 gator QBs made us cringe and hide. He brought us hope and wins we had been missing. Tough kid. He wore orange and blue. Was the QB. Most of us would give a nut to say that. I know I would.
Cool, now do Aaron Hernandez. He also wore orange and blue.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure the defense is looking forward breaking it off in him. It's been documented he used to talk alota shcit to em in practice.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I was just as pissed by his childish, boorish, completely unacceptable outburst during the scUM game last year as I was by the shushing crap against Misery. If the kid wants to embarrass himself on his own time, off the field, that's fine. Go be "tool of the year" if that's who you are and what you're about. But the clownishness and braggadocio he displayed on both occasions, while wearing the O&B, was completely beyond the pale and were hugely disrespectful to the program and to the school itself.

I am sorry that he got hurt and I do respect the efforts that he and others made to help him to at least try to become an SEC level QB. But I haven't forgotten the schyttbird antics or the fact that if Trask hadn't been hurt in practice after the Misery game in '18 (a game in which FF sucked beyond belief) FF would never have gotten a chance to show his stupid ass in the first place. I hope we sack him 10 times and pick off 3 or 4 passes and go on to beat the living dogschytt out of Arky - all after booing like hell, all game long. End of rant.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good observation and question. I never booed him so he wasnt shushing me. But then again I never boo my own players. I let rivals do that shttt.
Answer the question or face a ban. Yes or no.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was just as pissed by his childish, boorish, completely unacceptable outburst during the scUM game last year as I was by the shushing crap against Misery. If the kid wants to embarrass himself on his own time, off the field, that's fine. Go be "tool of the year" if that's who you are and what you're about. But the clownishness and braggadocio he displayed on both occasions, while wearing the O&B, was completely beyond the pale and were hugely disrespectful to the program and to the school itself.

I am sorry that he got hurt and I do respect the efforts that he and others made to help him to at least try to become an SEC level QB. But I haven't forgotten the schyttbird antics or the fact that if Trask hadn't been hurt in practice after the Misery game in '18 (a game in which FF sucked beyond belief) FF would never have gotten a chance to show his stupid ass in the first place. I hope we sack him 10 times and pick off 3 or 4 passes and go on to beat the living dogschytt out of Arky - all after booing like hell, all game long. End of rant.
This is one of the greatest posts in the history of this board.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just had a Brock Berlin flashback. We have a very zookish DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.