Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Orange vs. Blue***

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Practice notes (still early):

1. Torrence and Dean seem to have the safety positions locked up.

2. Here is a guess at the starting o-line:

LT -Gouraige
LG - White
C - Eguakun
RG - Torrence
RT - Tarquin

Braun has been playing mostly guard. Richie Leonard is the backup at center. No mention of the backups at tackle which I’m really curious about.

3. AR and Miller are the clear 1-2. Del Rio is picking up his play as well. Kitna throws like a defunct ball machine. When it leaves his hand you don’t know where it is going to end up.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I completed my order at a Arby's with 'and throw in a chocolate turnover

True experience =

In dental college (1968), we had a classmate that was so meticulous in his attire that we nicknamed him Beau Brummell, the British "First Man of Fashion" (1800s?).
He was chiseled handsome like Robert Wagner. He constantly projected the dignified aloofness of Cary Grant. So, during an all-night study binge, we walked over to the all-night Dobbs House (Memphis) for some coffee & desserts. The 4 of us sat at the counter, face to face with our female black server. (I sat next to Beau). David, Cliff & I uttered our orders. Then Mr. Beau leaned forward on one elbow and ordered "I'll have a piece of your black bottom." { black bottom chocolate pie was their signature dish.} He said it so cool, it might have passed had us 3 friends not dropped off our stools simultaneously, like some scripted pratfalls. (Beau never realized he said that & we made a pact never to tell him - he was so propper it would have haunted him forever.) :cool:

Last edited:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Make it part of The Collective. Have a sponsor put up Turnover Money. Kid gets a turnover, he takes a selfie with whatever product/name the sponsor wants, then boom! straight to social media. Gettin' paid for turnovers!
Now we're cooking with gas! The offense wants in on this action. The only question is, are there separate booths for turnovers and touchdowns or does one suffice?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Practice notes (still early):

1. Torrence and Dean seem to have the safety positions locked up.

2. Here is a guess at the starting o-line:

LT -Gouraige
LG - White
C - Eguakun
RG - Torrence
RT - Tarquin

Braun has been playing mostly guard. Richie Leonard is the backup at center. No mention of the backups at tackle which I’m really curious about.

3. AR and Miller are the clear 1-2. Del Rio is picking up his play as well. Kitna throws like a defunct ball machine. When it leaves his hand you don’t know where it is going to end up.

Dexter continues to shine. Cox and Umanmielen also are looking good on the edges. Watson looks like a beast but its obvious he doesnt have the stamina to be in there long. Not a whole lot of mention of Lee at the other DT but McClellan is supposedly looking really good for a freshman. But he is a freshman who has a lot to learn. Everything looks great on our DL edges but the interior is lacking.

Wingo, Black and Scooby are looking good at LB. Miller is looking really good when he is there and its obvious he is the leader.

Marshall is locking one side of the field up. Kimber (in orange no contact jersey), Moore (looking good but he has only been here a minute) and Helm still fighting for the other side.

Im not seeing what you are at safety with Torrence locking one of the safeties up. Hearing just as good things about Johnson as Torrence. The staff really likes Dean.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Just toss them a Twinkie or something - they can pose with it, then eat it.
Introducing Ox's "Turnover Twinkie." Also Ox's Touchtown Twinkie.
2tyjud74

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I can’t believe you read it all
Break down in a nut shell for me
I’m a little slow

Here ya go....

I don't mind a turnover incentive gimmick. Keep in mind that for players, the appeal of that kind of thing is to get their picture taken with it, then put it on social media.

Today's youts love that stuff. I guarantee you there are former Cane players who got a pick or a fumble recovery 4-5 years ago, and to this day their profile pic is them wearing that Turnover Chain on the sideline.

Don't give the player some kind of tacky thing to put on for the picture, though. That's played out. Cut out the middleman and make the picture the prize, in real time!

Get one of those portable photo booths like they have at wedding receptions and whatnot, and rig it up as the Turnover Booth, with some kind of special background in it. Any player who gets a TO runs in there after the play and strikes a pose for a photo, which immediately goes up on the jumbotron and gets blasted across social media.

The players and their families and girlfriends will love it. Plus the player is in and out of the booth in five seconds, then back to business. So it's less disruptive than putting something on like a chain or backpack and then preening around on the sideline for the rest of the series.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dexter continues to shine. Cox and Umanmielen also are looking good on the edges. Watson looks like a beast but its obvious he doesnt have the stamina to be in there long. Not a whole lot of mention of Lee at the other DT but McClellan is supposedly looking really good for a freshman. But he is a freshman who has a lot to learn. Everything looks great on our DL edges but the interior is lacking.

Wingo, Black and Scooby are looking good at LB. Miller is looking really good when he is there and its obvious he is the leader.

Marshall is locking one side of the field up. Kimber (in orange no contact jersey), Moore (looking good but he has only been here a minute) and Helm still fighting for the other side.

Im not seeing what you are at safety with Torrence locking one of the safeties up. Hearing just as good things about Johnson as Torrence. The staff really likes Dean.

Thanks for the updates. Dean is one I’m interested to see. He was the ultimate case of “tinkering” by the old staff. He looked really good as a freshman and steadily declined with their coaching. I’m also not shocked by Marshall. No idea how the old guard landed him but he was always going to be great.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Thanks for the updates. Dean is one I’m interested to see. He was the ultimate case of “tinkering” by the old staff. He looked really good as a freshman and steadily declined with their coaching. I’m also not shocked by Marshall. No idea how the old guard landed him but he was always going to be great.

Our last defensive staff was soo bad, Im not holding anything against anybody going forward. With that said, Im also taking all the pumping coming from the other sites with a grain of salt. While I am pretty much sold on this staff and I am not going to go crazy if this season isn't a big success on the field (unless its some obvious wtf chit), its that time of year when the pumpers pump no matter whats actually going on at the practices.

Also, something not really mentioned, we got a lot of people not practicing or in orange no contact jerseys.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Is that the game we threw for 47 total yards and won by 35? :lol:
93 yards but the point stands. Cocks took a beating at the hands of the Gators that day.

Highlights:
  • 44 - 11
  • Jeff Drizzle's 93 yds produced 4 golden delicious Twinkies
  • Trey Burton got Twinkies on both sides of the ball, a wildcat passing TD and a FF/FR on punt coverage
  • Longest of UF's seven scoring drives was 59 yards; first three were 2, 29 and 2 yards
  • Cocks never got in the red zone
  • Cocks were held to 191 yards...8 more than UF's 183

Memorable Quotes:

Jeffy: "I'd rather have 1 yard in front of me than 75."
SOS: "We had a bad one today."​

Accurate in Retrospect:

Jon Harrison, C, UF: "We're on our way to being what Florida used to be!" (in the 1970s)​

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
93 yards but the point stands. Cocks took a beating at the hands of the Gators that day.

Highlights:
  • 44 - 11
  • Jeff Drizzle's 93 yds produced 4 golden delicious Twinkies
  • Trey Burton got Twinkies on both sides of the ball, a wildcat passing TD and a FF/FR on punt coverage
  • Longest of UF's seven scoring drives was 59 yards; first three were 2, 29 and 2 yards
  • Cocks never got in the red zone
  • Cocks were held to 191 yards...8 more than UF's 183

Memorable Quotes:

Jeffy: "I'd rather have 1 yard in front of me than 75."
SOS: "We had a bad one today."​

Accurate in Retrospect:

Jon Harrison, C, UF: "We're on our way to being what Florida used to be!" (in the 1970s)​

What made the day memorable to me was it was my youngest’s first game(not quite a year and a half). I’d convinced my wife to let us bring him and as the four of us are walking down University to go in, somebody bumps a guy next to us and an entire Guinness is poured on my son’s head. :lol:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
What made the day memorable to me was it was my youngest’s first game(not quite a year and a half). I’d convinced my wife to let us bring him and as the four of us are walking down University to go in, somebody bumps a guy next to us and an entire Guinness is poured on my son’s head. :lol:
Please...switch the Guinness to an icy Coke next time you tell that story, to change it to a comedy from a tragedy. :weep:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Lee has looked fantastic. The staff brags on him constantly. But, we won't know until gameday. I always take these reports with a grain of salt. HOFers in practice, nowhere to be seen on gameday. As for safety, that comes from the guys at On3. Since they only observe about 15 minutes of practice, I'm assuming this comes straight from the staff.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Please...switch the Guinness to an icy Coke next time you tell that story, to change it to a comedy from a tragedy. :weep:

Surprisingly, he took it in stride, we cleaned him up, he became entrenched that day, and afterward we took what many feel is our best family picture ever in the stadium. Started terribly, ended perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.