Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Arkansas***

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Just listened to Ali Peek. She's been pretty much a pumper but she dogged Napier and his game management. She has some insight on special teams that likely came from her hubby.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw a good point on Twitter/X….if whole sale changes are needed after year 2, isn’t that a major red flag?

This is Muschamp hiring a different OC all over again
Not to be too candid but you did see who he hired for DC.... Chances are great he will not hire a top OC. He will hire someone we all ask WTF????

As long as our Athletic Department follows the Fooley mentality of hiring Diamond in the Rough football coaches instead of Vince Lombardi, this is what we get and StrickNIne needs to be held accountable for giving this clown a fully guaranteed 7-year $51.8 Million contract...

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hiring Diamond in the Rough coaches is fine but you must be able to "identify" the Diamond. Fooley and for that matter Strichnine, could not even spot cubic zirconia. Hell they would mistaken a piece of broken plastic for a Diamond. They do not sell Diamonds at the Dollar and a Quarter Tree but those two Meatheads are not aware of that.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But they were largely beating everyone else. If we were en route to a 10 win season in year 2, or were in years 3-5 of winning 10+ games annually but just unable to get over the hump against uga, do you really think we’d be having these discussions?
Don’t bother . Next is the Saban lost to La Monroe card . There is always an excuse or idiotic justification from Billy and his nutswingers

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Amen! So tired of him on the sidelines with his arms crossed looking like he needs to go take a dump. Gave up a rookie record in yards today. Just sickening. No defense.

Serious question…what happens when it’s, say the second quarter with 14:52 left before halftime and the head coach REALLY needs to take a dump, LIKE PRONTO? What does he do?

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
What will be said at the end of year 3 when we are sub 500 again ? And 4 years straight of losing records ?

He just needs more time. He inherited a dumpster fire. The talent cupboard was bare. You can’t win in the first 4 years at any program. The facilities were really poor compared to our rivals. He’s a great guy. He just needs more time for his process to really work. We can’t fire him now or we’ll lose the recruiting class.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
  1. He talked a LOT about "developing these young men"... but as men, not as football players. It's subtle, but important. He said that developing these young men is by far his most important priority. Unless Billy has it in his contract that "developing these young men as citizens and men," he does not understand his job at all. Yes, of course you want to do that, but that is not his job. It is a business, his job as CEO is to develop PLAYERS and WIN. Hopefully in that process you can develop good young men.

This is just a different way of saying he wants to create “Champions of Life”. When the HC goes the “Champions of Life” route, we know it’s over (well some of us knew it was over before it started but I digress).

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Serious question…what happens when it’s, say the second quarter with 14:52 left before halftime and the head coach REALLY needs to take a dump, LIKE PRONTO? What does he do?
Billy ****ting his pants would actually be less embarrassing than his coaching .

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Napier's 11/28/21 introduction. He cites his primary goal coming in to "establish a program with integrity and class" and "to build a culture that is centered around making an impact on our players as people, as students, and on the field."

These are admirable. At the same time, there is no mention of team goals.

And then Stricklin reveals the kiss of death.

"We felt confident he would be an excellent leader for the Gators, which is why he was the only candidate I met with about the job."

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Napier's 11/28/21 introduction. He cites his primary goal coming in to "establish a program with integrity and class" and "to build a culture that is centered around making an impact on our players as people, as students, and on the field."

These are admirable. At the same time, there is no mention of team goals.

And then Stricklin reveals the kiss of death.

"We felt confident he would be an excellent leader for the Gators, which is why he was the only candidate I met with about the job."

can't say he didnt warn us. our AD was just too stupid to hear or understand.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Dear Billy, sometimes you just need a few players who are mean *******s. If your dog won’t hunt, shoot it and get a new one,

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Why is he a bad guy? Outline the reasons. Be specific. Omit nothing.

I get the hatred and the blood in the water for his coaching, but Napier has been nothing but friendly and professional since the day he set foot on campus. You don't need to make sh!t up to try and make a point.

Where did I say he was a bad guy??? Show me, specifically where, omit nothing. After you do, I’ll better be able to answer your question.

You seemed really upset last week after the loss so I left this alone. You seem to be pretty engaged replying to a few of my posts so now seems like a good time to circle back to this, as you never responded to my reply to the above post, except for the dumb rating you gave me.

When I asked why he was a great guy, it was a serious question. What makes him a great guy? And where did I say he was a bad guy? You said I was making shytt up-not the case-when the truth is you’re making shytt up about me by attributing comments to me I never made. Not being a great guy doesn’t mean he’s a bad guy. Maybe he’s just an okay guy. I don’t know b/c I’ve never met him but I know what I see from our team on game days, it’s not good & BN is a big part of the problem.

I agree with you, for the most part, that he’s struck a friendly tone in his media/fan interactions but that doesn’t make him a great guy, IMO.

I disagree, to some extent, with your comment that he’s been nothing but professional from day 1. I don’t think the way he’s prepared the team nor his in-game coaching to be professional. I think it’s middle school level at best and unbecoming of a guy making $7m per year. I also find his post-game comments & demeanor unprofessional. To give mumbo-jumbo word salad answers to direct questions is anything but professional. The guy talks in circles because he’s done a bad job and he has no answers to things like last week’s end of game kicking team debacle. Lastly, I don’t think it’s professional to bill oneself as process driven, organized and running a disciplined, well organized team when he’s not shown himself to be any of this. I think he billed himself as something he’s clearly not, which isn’t professional IMO, and Stricklan was dumb enough to bite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator