***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Auburn***

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He'd pick anyone apart that doesn't have the athletes to hang with those receivers. So anyone other than Georgia and Clemson.

I think we have the CBs. I just think the scheme puts them in bad positions.

We’re a mess at safety. Although Burney is going to be really good.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn’s a good but not great team. They are currently riding the wave of positive press from not embarrassing themselves in their prime time games, unlike us. FF and co. Looked like crap against Miami and early against Kentucky - no one respects that. Maybe if Trask had been slinging the rock against Miami and we looked sharp, national media pundits would have more respect. That’s on Mullen for not going with the best QB, instead opting for the popular high potential guy.

That all said, I don’t necessarily agree that TAMU is materially different from Kentucky, our best win so far. Oregon probably is but they aren’t world beaters. I’m guessing its a closer game than most expect. Not ready to give us the 2 score win like @Slevin but I don’t think his logic is wrong.

I think that D line is going to dominate our O line. Not really sure what to think of their offense. It's getting better but doesn't look that good. I doubt we win without winning the turnover battle. Trask may get a big wake up call in that game. Have to hope he stays composed when the pass isn't there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They do based of recruiting talent composites

43 4 stars
3 5 stars
33 3 stars

82 total players

Florida has
1 five star (2 if you count grimes on rivals)
38 4 stars
35 3 stars

The talent percentage is off by just a couple fraction of percentages though. If Florida had diwun, Jones, and henderson Florida is probably at around 10th in the composite. Not much difference from 8-16th

Keep telling yourself Mullens mediocre recruiting isn't going to start hitting us some beginning next season. It's not putting us in a place to even think about winning the SEC and it's worse than Butters final class when you take away his padding the blue chippers trick where they don't even make it to camp.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tough game for UF. We'll need some D help on some scoring as well. Would love to see them "Nix" him for a pick six a couple of times.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Keep telling yourself Mullens mediocre recruiting isn't going to start hitting us some beginning next season. It's not putting us in a place to even think about winning the SEC and it's worse than Butters final class when you take away his padding the blue chippers trick where they don't even make it to camp.
Please provide the breakdown, ratings, rankings, bc percentages then. Love to see how you came to that conclusion

Here I’ll do it for you. And because you seem to think attrition only ever counts for Mullen and nobody else in the country.

Macs last class that played for him was the 2017 class. 11th in the country.

Players that never played or transferred out:
James Robinson
Brian Edwards
Jake Allen
Adarious Lemons
Daquan Green

And because you love playing this game of moving the goal posts that puts the 2017 class at 18th in the country dropping Florida below ole miss in total blue chips :lmao2:

So yes Mullen is going to get Florida to 24 blue chips on the roster. Sure thing fever. That’s like totally going to happen and it’ll happen by next year! We’re going to lose 14 blue chippers while also not recruit a single solitary one this year at all!

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think that D line is going to dominate our O line. Not really sure what to think of their offense. It's getting better but doesn't look that good. I doubt we win without winning the turnover battle. Trask may get a big wake up call in that game. Have to hope he stays composed when the pass isn't there.
You know, I used to think there wasn’t an opponent you didn’t like. I’m now convinced it’s more precise than that - there isn’t an opponent’s DL out there that you don’t like. Does auburn have good TEs? Surprised you haven’t started drooling over those yet.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Good Lawd you are insufferable. OP isn't even talking about next season and the ill recruiting effects ... He is talking about a game in a few weeks.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So anyone other than Georgia and Clemson.

I might add LSU to that mix. They have athletes all over the field, including DBs. With that new offense, their annual donnybrook with Bammer could be the non-Gator game I am looking most forward to the rest of the way.

Their biggest handicap is that none of their players or assistants have any idea what the HC ever says. According to their boards, it is a big problem and will cost them a game or two.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I know we don't play them often anymore, but strange things happen against these guys more often than not, the underdog has won many. Their strength goes against our weakness ( DL vs OL ). It will be exciting as always, we win by 2 with a 40+ field goal by McPherson.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I have Auburn family coming in for the game and they are the warmest most gracious and funniest people you will ever meet but, I hope they they are deaf and miserable and wanting nothing to do with me by 7pm on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.