***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

How many passing yards with UF have in Week 2?

• 199 or less

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • 200 - 299

Votes: 89 76.1%
  • 300+

Votes: 9 7.7%

• Total voters

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Reese listed as starting ILB. Hope that's not wishful thinking. Dan said they'll hold him out and then see how he does later this week.

Heggie was not ready to go Saturday. Hope he heals up quick.

Heggie played right guard most of the 2nd half I think. Looked just a bit tentative compared to how he normally looks but will probably be playing again this week I would think.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Kintucky will be lucky to score 28 points vs any SEC school.
Yeah, you may be right, 28 is probably generous, but they did put up 27 against us last year and scored 44, 40 and 29 in 3 SEC games last year. I'm just not sure how good we are yet, and I don't think they are that bad. Hopefully Mullen has backed off on everyone just having fun and got these guy attention to realize this is a dangerous group and the streak is going to end eventually.

This would be a good game to get the running game going early to take some pressure off of Franks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah lagator, Mullen should make our guys resentful that UK is trying to end UF's win streak, putting that shame on this 2018 Gator team. Plaster those guys.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, you may be right, 28 is probably generous, but they did put up 27 against us last year and scored 44, 40 and 29 in 3 SEC games last year. I'm just not sure how good we are yet, and I don't think they are that bad. Hopefully Mullen has backed off on everyone just having fun and got these guy attention to realize this is a dangerous group and the streak is going to end eventually.

This would be a good game to get the running game going early to take some pressure off of Franks.
they are significantly less talented than they were last year particularly at quarterback.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
they are significantly less talented than they were last year particularly at quarterback.
True as well, but the running game might be better and their defense has decent speed, much more speed than we faced on Saturday. Bottom line. we played a steaming pile of dung in CSU and they played a Div 1 team that has been bowl eligible every year since 2011.

We are at home, we have more talent, but this is going to be a challenge for this team and I hope they aren't looking ahead.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
True as well, but the running game might be better and their defense has decent speed, much more speed than we faced on Saturday. Bottom line. we played a steaming pile of dung in CSU and they played a Div 1 team that has been bowl eligible every year since 2011.

We are at home, we have more talent, but this is going to be a challenge for this team and I hope they aren't looking ahead.

I agree the running game looked decent. With Grantham's style we have to hope they don't get too many runs to that 2nd level as Snell appears to be a load this year.

They also brought most of their starters back. That new QB will determine if they get blown out or not probably.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I’m looking forward to seeing if the offense is for real or it was just the opponent last week.

Last week I was all Who is that guy? Who is that wearing Franks' jersey?

This week will be a major test. Do they continue to show improvement against a better opponent? If so I may become more convinced. We've heard all the talk.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Well, finally football will be back this coming Saturday. I have waited long enough. Since I have no basis for predicting a score, this is nothing but a wild stab, but I will go with 35-24 Gators.

Flgator2

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I think our defense and special teams will control them most of the game. This is a must win game for Franks, if our offensive line gives good pass protection we will win big, if not it will get ugly with Franks

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Pass to set up the run.
450 yards 50/50.
D-TD.
4th quarter Tras[k|h] time.

DM Demolition HAH Hammer Part Deaux ->> 52-10

GG!

Last edited:

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016

You don't have to worry about the team looking ahead.
They were 4-8 last year. And they almost lost to Kentucky.
This will be a year of vengeance.
And as you stated, we have more talent and we are at home.
This game will get lopsided.
Prediction: UF- 48 Kentucky- 13

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

There really isn’t anything to be looking forward too...this is the SEC opener before another cupcake. KY needs us to be in a trap game scenario and that isn’t this week. This is actually a terrible week for them.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
There really isn’t anything to be looking forward too...this is the SEC opener before another cupcake. KY needs us to be in a trap game scenario and that isn’t this week. This is actually a terrible week for them.
Not so much looking at the opponent just past them, but more subconsciously assuming this is a W since it's been over 3 decades since they lost this matchup. They could get caught mentally marking it off as a W and thinking a little about UToothless or MSU.

Hopefully they are fully focused and put the beatdown on the pussycats which will really propel our momentum going forward. A loss pretty much sh*tcans the whole season and puts Mullen into a category of fail that even The Zooker, Chump, and Stain avoided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator