Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
1 point dogs to unranked Kentucky. What a time to be alive.

@oxrageous, favor or not, I can’t see this woman doing an encore, on the west coast no less. Our only hope is that the whole pot roast @jdh5484 ate for lunch today caused him to sleep through the doorbell ring and she’s still available. I’m checking flights.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who gives a ****? We’re going to be 4-1 soon enough. You got us getting crushed again like you did before UT?
I didn't say we were going to lose this game, its still just amazing to me that UF can possibly be in this situation. When was the last time UK was favored to beat us? If the team that played UT shows up in Lexington everybody here will be happy. I don't know about you but I'm pretty goddam sick of losing to a team that we beat 31 times in a row not that long ago.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
And the process is going damn well, with the #3 recruiting class and the #1 defense in the SEC.

You’re one step closer to a lifetime ban. Try making one non-defeatist post on any subject sometime.
What makes you think I wasn't being serious. After you booted me from the chat I've stopped messing around. Pointed out all kinds of positives about the Charlotte win in various posts and threads.

No, I don't have much faith in Billy's offense or play calling. But if our defense can flip the field and give us a short field it could be a good weekend. But if we get down by two scores early, it will be a long day.

I think it's a toss up game. We have an edge in talent, they have an edge in home field and recent win streak confidence. We'll see how it goes. Win or lose it will be close.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What makes you think I wasn't being serious. After you booted me from the chat I've stopped messing around. Pointed out all kinds of positives about the Charlotte win in various posts and threads.

No, I don't have much faith in Billy's offense or play calling. But if our defense can flip the field and give us a short field it could be a good weekend. But if we get down by two scores early, it will be a long day.

I think it's a toss up game. We have an edge in talent, they have an edge in home field and recent win streak confidence. We'll see how it goes. Win or lose it will be close.
It won’t be close. Every point over 10 that the Gators win by gets you a day off.

@Zambo gets away with “Sure am glad I was wrong, guys!” like he did after UT because he has diplomatic immunity, but you do not. I get between 7 and 12 PM’s every day from various members asking me to let you go.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
It won’t be close. Every point over 10 that the Gators win by gets you a day off.

@Zambo gets away with “Sure am glad I was wrong, guys!” like he did after UT because he has diplomatic immunity, but you do not. I get between 7 and 12 PM’s every day from various members asking me to let you go.
Good Lord, Anyone that PM's the owner of this board or even a mod, asking to ban someone, is a FN Pu55y.

Ox, you gotta let people vent bro. Why so defensive?

Can you please just admit this is embarrassing, that Kentucky, is now a huge game with huge implications for the program?
A game that's in question.
Kentucky..........

We need to punk these clowns by 4 td's.

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017
Will be heading to the game tomorrow morning to watch the Gators stomp the little kitties. I am looking forward to a great sunny afternoon watching all the little kitty fans with their heads down and the little blue tears of sorrow.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord, Anyone that PM's the owner of this board or even a mod, asking to ban someone, is a FN Pu55y.

Can you please just admit this is embarrassing, that Kentucky, is now a huge game with huge implications for the program?
Kentucky..........

I get at least 3 a day from those asking to ban you as well.

Things have been embarrassing for ten years. I’m happy because it’s FINALLY looking up.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I get at least 3 a day from those asking to ban you as well.

Things have been embarrassing for ten years. I’m happy because it’s FINALLY looking up.
I wish I shared your optimism.
I want to buy in......By game time, I'm all in.
I think I could easily get there, should we get to Jacksonville with only 1 loss.

Oh, and tell all those pu55ies to pound sand.
:lol2:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Kentucky..........

I hate where we’re at, and fully agree if we become mired down in this current state then yes it’s embarrassing. But as much as I’m not completely sold that BN is the answer, the fact is whoever took over this program last season was going to be facing these types of challenges. We allowed things to get here. But no one on this team, from coaches to players had any hand in that. So no, I’m not embarrassed as long as our trajectory is changing, which does make it very important.

I also think you have to take helmet logos and colors out of the equation. Things change and programs rise and fall. Beating Uk today is arguably more impressive than beating the vols, or at least has been the past decade. For reference, the wildcats are 63-49 over the last 10 years. Florida state is 73-43, and that includes Winston’s final year. I didn’t have the time, or the heart, to look up ut. But imagine if we did that comparison from 1990-2005. Different eras present different challenges.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I get between 7 and 12 PM’s every day from various members asking me to let you go.
I didn’t know we were allowed to do this around here. How does this work exactly; do I send you one PM with everybody’s name on it or does each poster get their own PM? Please respond promptly, I want to get started on this right away.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I didn’t know we were allowed to do this around here. How does this work exactly; do I send you one PM with everybody’s name on it or does each poster get their own PM? Please respond promptly, I want to get started on this right away.

It’s my understanding that the rules differ by state.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I hate where we’re at, and fully agree if we become mired down in this current state then yes it’s embarrassing. But as much as I’m not completely sold that BN is the answer, the fact is whoever took over this program last season was going to be facing these types of challenges. We allowed things to get here. But no one on this team, from coaches to players had any hand in that. So no, I’m not embarrassed as long as our trajectory is changing, which does make it very important.

I also think you have to take helmet logos and colors out of the equation. Things change and programs rise and fall. Beating Uk today is arguably more impressive than beating the vols, or at least has been the past decade. For reference, the wildcats are 63-49 over the last 10 years. Florida state is 73-43, and that includes Winston’s final year. I didn’t have the time, or the heart, to look up ut. But imagine if we did that comparison from 1990-2005. Different eras present different challenges.
Wow, Leave it to you to come in here and drop truth bombs, forcing me to self reflect on some of my earlier ramblings.
F Off. :lol2:
I hate it when I'm on the edge of being....wrong.

Your first paragraph didn't hit home with me though. I think, a Great coach, a coach that deserves to be at the University of Florda, shows giant leaps, in his second year. My problem with Napier is, we are seeing the same mistakes and doldrums that we saw last year. Granted, this is only the 5th game. But the trends aren't favorable. Here is where we probably agree. In this new age of College Football, with the portal and NIL, we can't really look at Spurriers 2nd season and Napiers 2nd season, apples to apples.

However, Your second paragraph is, ri......righ......Damn it, I just can't say it.
I get it, I see your point and I almost agree completely, 100%.

Programs do indeed rise and fall. Yes, absolutely.
However, there are some programs that have not won anything of substance over the last 50 years. If I may bring NIL into this again. There is no way in hell, Kentucky, Vandy, Mizzou,Ol Miss, Miss State and possibly even fsu, can compete at the top levels of CFB, Money wise.
Kentucky vs Florida in every tangible, should favor UF.
I'll say this, had we never gone through what we've gone through since Meyer left, we would still be beating Kentucky Convincingly every year, Just like Ga does.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow, Leave it to you to come in here and drop truth bombs, forcing me to self reflect on some of my earlier ramblings.
F Off. :lol2:
I hate it when I'm on the edge of being....wrong.

Your first paragraph didn't hit home with me though. I think, a Great coach, a coach that deserves to be at the University of Florda, shows giant leaps, in his second year. My problem with Napier is, we are seeing the same mistakes and doldrums that we saw last year. Granted, this is only the 5th game. But the trends aren't favorable. Here is where we probably agree. In this new age of College Football, with the portal and NIL, we can't really look at Spurriers 2nd season and Napiers 2nd season, apples to apples.

However, Your second paragraph is, ri......righ......Damn it, I just can't say it.
I get it, I see your point and I almost agree completely, 100%.

Programs do indeed rise and fall. Yes, absolutely.
However, there are some programs that have not won anything of substance over the last 50 years. If I may bring NIL into this again. There is no way in hell, Kentucky, Vandy, Mizzou,Ol Miss, Miss State and possibly even fsu, can compete at the top levels of CFB, Money wise.
Kentucky vs Florida in every tangible, should favor UF.
I'll say this, had we never gone through what we've gone through since Meyer left, we would still be beating Kentucky Convincingly every year, Just like Ga does.

But that’s why I say this game is important. Much like ut, this 2023 season is very much a revenge tour. I don’t expect perfection, but I do think we need to start correcting these errors. Fully agree that times are different, but I’ve always expected a huge leap this year. All the 6-7 wins talk, imo, is nonsense. If we’re there by years end, I’ll be all but convinced we have the wrong guy. My point is that hasn’t happened yet, and you are seeing glimpses of positives, specifically in the area of talent evaluation. That alone will make these games against the Mizzou’s and Uk’s of the world much different. Truthfully, Uk even played some of our more talented teams very tough before eventually our talent disparity making a play here or there. The fact is, as I’ve said repeatedly, when you are only 5-15 spots ahead of an opponent in overall talent composition, you can’t have those off games and still pull it out. It may work some of the time, but sooner or later you’ll get burned. That’s where we’ve been living, and that was my point on the logos thing. At some point, regardless of what color your jersey is, if you have talent(or don’t), that will be the deciding factor.

To touch on what Pasty and I were discussing last night in the chat, 1988 UF was losing 16-0 at home to Aub, getting beat by Memphis State and Vanderbilt, and being throttled by uga and the noles. Fast forward exactly 10 years and the defending SEC champ vols, who would go on to win it all, are storming the field because they finally beat us on an OT miracle. Quite a swing in program perception over just a decade.

Anyway, ftr, I’m not one of the 3 PM’ing Ox.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Great post as usual, I'm coming around on Billy myself. I can see what he wants to do and where he has us heading. Things will be bumpy this year, I accept that, but I'm starting to buy in. He is no slouch and I think he may actually be pretty smart. I thought it was all coach speak but I'm starting to see the light.

Don't ask me if he's a championship coach, but the days of UF being embarrassed are going to be a memory soon. While I don't share Ox's unbridled enthusiasm because I know we still don't have all the pieces, I'm seeing the future and it looks bright.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I get between 7 and 12 PM’s every day from various members asking me to let you go.
Dang! I thought I had to be behind PIF, Rev, drake, and Crete. Guess they're slipping in their old age. I can only hope, in your sage, Solomonic wisdom, that you will find mercy and grant me pardon for my many wrongdoings.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dang! I thought I had to be behind PIF, Rev, drake, and Crete. Guess they're slipping in their old age. I can only hope, in your sage, Solomonic wisdom, that you will find mercy and grant me pardon for my many wrongdoings.

These types of comments are exactly the type that kept getting you canned when you were 26.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator