Votes: 69 50.0%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said last year, there may not be a more punchable face in college football than Burrows. Hearing him talk just makes it worse.
We had people on here lusting for him, and making threads about him.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy scored 38 on them.

V
A
N
D
Y

Muschump3.0 scored 38.
They did, but LSU was also up by 4 TDs in the 2nd QTR and for the rest of the game., so lots garbage time.

I think we win this. I think we score 30+ and I think we hold them to 24 or less.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
So I think this game could potentially become a shoot out. If it does, that probably favors LSU and that may be the thinking behind the betting line.

That said, I think this game will be a little higher scoring than the AUB game as I think we will be able to move the ball even more on LSU, but I don't think it will turn into a full on shoot out.
I think our defense will play well enough again, and have enough juice to slow down Burrows just enough for the win. I do think he will get some stats and pick on some of our secondary, but if our front 7 can do to LSU what it did to AUB, it will lessen his overall impact.

LSU doesn't make a lot of mistakes this year, as in offensive turnovers. We need to create them, and win that battle, because they have not shown an ability to make them happen themselves on defense, and they have played some pretty bad teams, and have given up a lot of points and yards in doing so.

If Trask holds up, plays smart, controls the game, and doesn't get rattled and turn the ball over, we have a great shot.

First team to more than 24 points wins, imo.

If we do what we know we can do, UF wins, and starts to really make a name for ourselves, making the UF v UGA game a monster.
Strong post.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
So I think this game could potentially become a shoot out. If it does, that probably favors LSU and that may be the thinking behind the betting line.

That said, I think this game will be a little higher scoring than the AUB game as I think we will be able to move the ball even more on LSU, but I don't think it will turn into a full on shoot out.
I think our defense will play well enough again, and have enough juice to slow down Burrows just enough for the win. I do think he will get some stats and pick on some of our secondary, but if our front 7 can do to LSU what it did to AUB, it will lessen his overall impact.

LSU doesn't make a lot of mistakes this year, as in offensive turnovers. We need to create them, and win that battle, because they have not shown an ability to make them happen themselves on defense, and they have played some pretty bad teams, and have given up a lot of points and yards in doing so.

If Trask holds up, plays smart, controls the game, and doesn't get rattled and turn the ball over, we have a great shot.

First team to more than 24 points wins, imo.

If we do what we know we can do, UF wins, and starts to really make a name for ourselves, making the UF v UGA game a monster.

LSU Florida for some reason is always anticipated as higher scoring shootout type game? What makes you think that? LSUs offense? Cause I was told the same thing about the auburn game. Even our own fans don’t respect our D. They give up 9 points a game! Auburn shouldn’t have sniffed 13 if we didn’t give them the ball in scoring territory. Get on board with this defense and if we limit the turnovers. We won’t find ourselves in a shootout all year.

also. What’s the difference between a shootout and a full on shootout?

Auburn wasn’t considered turnover prone. They became that very quickly.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LSU Florida for some reason is always anticipated as higher scoring shootout type game? What makes you think that? LSUs offense?
Who said always?

I simply said THIS game, has the POTENTIAL to become a shoot out.

I'm not so sure you read my post thoroughly, because the way you are trying to counter what I said makes no sense.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
LSU Florida for some reason is always anticipated as higher scoring shootout type game? What makes you think that? LSUs offense? Cause I was told the same thing about the auburn game. Even our own fans don’t respect our D. They give up 9 points a game! Auburn shouldn’t have sniffed 13 if we didn’t give them the ball in scoring territory.
I re-watched the game last night and noticed AU scored their TD with about 10:30 remaining in the second quarter. Put another way, the D shut them out for the last 40+ minutes of the game. Pretty damn impressive.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I hope DM has a set of plays designed for Trask inside the 20 this week. Plays that allow the ball to come out quick either in the flat or fades to the corner. He can't continue to hold onto the ball like that the rest of the way. Those types of turnovers will be costly in the next few games against LSU an Ugay.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it is. LSU always gets night games. How many has Florida had in the last 10 years?
This is actually a false narrative, I read that the last time we played there at night was like 2015 and the we've had them in the swamp at night more times in the last decade

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator