Votes: 69 50.0%

• Total voters

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Forgive my ignorance, but if LSU goes with press coverage, but does not get pressure on Trask as well as Auburn did, would I be correct that this could make them susceptible to a lot of big plays in the passing game? I know Trask doesn’t seem to ever scramble from the pocket, but would this give him running opportunities (on pass plays) as well?
Has any team failed to get pressure on us? Is Trask able to run effectively?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At least can he move to give receivers time to break open? ... and then fire it accurately?

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Couple punchable faces here

Jacques Doucet (@JacquesDoucet) tweeted at 7:34 PM on Mon, Oct 07, 2019:
"I don't like them very much. I know they don't like us very much."

"It's just bad blood colliding."

"I forgot that quarterback's name....he was running around, celebrating on the field like he won the Super Bowl."

The animosity between #LSU & Florida is high. Jacques Doucet on Twitter
()

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

"I forgot that quarterback's name....he was running around, celebrating on the field like he won the Super Bowl."

()

Sounds like we’re in their heads.

At least something’s in there I guess.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

()

Someone should tell him the QB that beat them last year also originally committed to LSU, changed his mind, THEN beat them and celebrated like he won the Super Bowl.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

()

That Mexican better not have his fat ass on the tracks when the Trask train comes rolling through baton rouge.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Never forget

Can’t expect a kid to play a team 8 times and not eventually get sick of their mouths.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
49F061C5-409B-4998-8A8D-67D0FE945DE0.png

()

I have so many comments. #1 who? #2 google his name (it’s priceless) fashion designer. #3 it’s douchet

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Has any team failed to get pressure on us? /QUOTE]
Yes; except for Auburn, I’d say all of them. Perhaps my memory is failing me (I am in my mid fifties) but who else got consistent pressure? Our run blocking had left a lot to be desired, but in general our pass protection has been decent. But still, the question remains: does good o line play negate press coverage?
Is Trask able to run effectively?
I was asking a hypothetical as to whether Trask scrambling could help beat press. I’m aware we haven’t seen him run very well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I said last year, there may not be a more punchable face in college football than Burrows. Hearing him talk just makes it worse.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I think this game could potentially become a shoot out. If it does, that probably favors LSU and that may be the thinking behind the betting line.

That said, I think this game will be a little higher scoring than the AUB game as I think we will be able to move the ball even more on LSU, but I don't think it will turn into a full on shoot out.
I think our defense will play well enough again, and have enough juice to slow down Burrows just enough for the win. I do think he will get some stats and pick on some of our secondary, but if our front 7 can do to LSU what it did to AUB, it will lessen his overall impact.

LSU doesn't make a lot of mistakes this year, as in offensive turnovers. We need to create them, and win that battle, because they have not shown an ability to make them happen themselves on defense, and they have played some pretty bad teams, and have given up a lot of points and yards in doing so.

If Trask holds up, plays smart, controls the game, and doesn't get rattled and turn the ball over, we have a great shot.

First team to more than 24 points wins, imo.

If we do what we know we can do, UF wins, and starts to really make a name for ourselves, making the UF v UGA game a monster.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.