• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone can create a theoretical outcome based on if's and maybe's...... that's why we play the games.
I think these two teams match up well. Talent is pretty even, Coaching goes to UF, home field is a wash, Kicking game is a solid UF strength.......... UF should win, I just don't have a feel for the margin.....

If the offense that played FSU and Michigan shows up, it could get ugly for that team from north Cuba.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Seabee, if you think we suck so bad, why watch? Why not go be a Canes fan with our new pal here?

You can't even talk smack to a rival on your own board without getting a finger-wagging "Drunk" when you hype up your own team.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hey Seabee, if you think we suck so bad, why watch? Why not go be a Canes fan with our new pal here?
I think we win. Just don’t think we wipe the floor with them. We aren’t playing Tennessee Martin this week.

But hey, probably easier to switch teams based on how they’re doing, right? How’s Auburn and OSU looking and when do you decide to switch over?

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
Anyone can create a theoretical outcome based on if's and maybe's...... that's why we play the games.
I think these two teams match up well. Talent is pretty even, Coaching goes to UF, home field is a wash, Kicking game is a solid UF strength.......... UF should win, I just don't have a feel for the margin.....

If the offense that played FSU and Michigan shows up, it could get ugly for that team from north Cuba.

:scratchhead:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think we win. Just don’t think we wipe the floor with them. We aren’t playing Tennessee Martin this week.

But hey, probably easier to switch teams based on how they’re doing, right? How’s Auburn and OSU looking and when do you decide to switch over?
You mention me being a Barn or OSU fan again and you'll get a vacation.

And yes, we'll wipe the floor with them. And after we do, you're getting a vacation for that, too.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
If I went to a canes site and talked **** I’d A. need to prove something in the first place or B. I’m living vicariously through words on the internet because I’m a troll and thrive on discord...either way there might be a need for counseling or a more productive way of feeling good about yourself

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
1. Make life easy for Jarren by establishing the run. As much as you guys wonder how we're going to score, 11 out of the 13 teams you faced last year were able to run for over 100 yards, and 6 for over 150 yards. Give Cam, Deejay, and Lingard hopefully the ball. Run and don't put the RS FR into too many 3rd & 7's. Enos switches his offense at every school he goes to so I'm not exactly sure if we'll see more spread looks like CMU, Pro-Style at Arky, or maybe a mixture like Locksley ran at Bama but the ball needs to be out of Jarren's hands fast.

2. Tackle well. That may sound silly but our D tends to be too aggressive at times and some players will just throw their bodies around instead of actually wrapping up. You can't do that against a team coached by Dan Mullen. Toney and Jefferson will make you pay for it.

3. Get pressure on Felipe and stop screens. Franks had the worst completion percentage of any P5 QB while under pressure. Guess which defense created the third most pressures in CFB after Clemson and Kentucky? Miami. Mullen for sure knows this and will call plays to get players into space which is why point #2 is important. The defense also has to watch out for trick plays from receivers as I've seen Mullen likes to use those as well.

4. Cause turnovers. This is probably the most important. Whether its INT's or fumbles, Diaz has to make sure we get at least two to shorten the field.

5. Control emotions and overcome adversity. We're the underdogs for a reason. Don't get discouraged because UF is up by 10 or someone fumbled the ball. The "disease" that Diaz mentioned some weeks ago was that a lot of our players would fold because the game got out of hand; see FSU and Wisconsin last year. We need to do our best to replicate the ND game.
Actually, this isn’t a bad blueprint for how scUM could pull an upset. It’s not going to play out that way, but still.....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
cbee, don't bring a knife to a gun fight!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He PM’d me. It’s already in the works. I tried to stop him but he just kept going on and on about “the u” and “swag”, asking where he could get a knockoff Movado, etc. I could almost smell the Joop through the screen.

So sad. Loved that guy.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He PM’d me. It’s already in the works. I tried to stop him but he just kept going on and on about “the u” and “swag”, asking where he could get a knockoff Movado, etc. I could almost smell the Joop through the screen.

So sad. Loved that guy.
Its the turnover chain that really swayed me.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
This place is getting increasingly hostile. I love it! Season must be close. To spice it up...

@oxrageous is a closet Auburn/tOSU fan who cant win discussion battles without referring to a vacation for the other poster.

I could go on because most of you suck but that’s why I love you all.

You mention me being a Barn or OSU fan again and you'll get a vacation.

And yes, we'll wipe the floor with them. And after we do, you're getting a vacation for that, too.
You know why that post was well liked? Because it was close to the truth... Wouldn’t be any fun if I wasn’t getting threatened with a vacation. Hope it’s not through the game, love game threads.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
If I went to a canes site and talked **** I’d A. need to prove something in the first place or B. I’m living vicariously through words on the internet because I’m a troll and thrive on discord...either way there might be a need for counseling or a more productive way of feeling good about yourself
I'm not talking s*** though...

I could have easily came in here and said "5 Rings" or "We own the series" or make an absurd prediction but I didn't. I feel good about myself regardless of what happens on the Internet.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Let me put this here....

I'm in Orlando right now for a work conference. This is my third year in a row attending this conference that my office hosts. It's always this week and ends w/ a big, military formal banquet on Saturday night....which is this coming Saturday night. I HAVE to attend, the Vice Commandant will be there as the guest speaker....and it starts at - you guessed it - 7pm. I asked my boss if he minds if I skipped the banquet and he looked at me like I was a full retard. There's a bar at the hotel, and I may be able to get direct tv on my phone.I'll probably "go to the bathroom" several times during the banquet...but I doubt I get to see much of the game. It's really hard to explain how pissed off I am about this whole situation....

FML
You said you're retiring next summer. What can your boss do to you? Just sayin...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I could have easily came in here and said "5 Rings"
Most people aren't even old enough to remember when you were good for more than one year in a row and that was eighteen years ago.

The truth is you and Voles are exactly what we fear, making another bad coaching hire and being 2 decades from being anything but an Idaho Bowl kind of team, talking about the 90s (early 90s in your case).

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

I could have easily came in here and said "5 Rings" or "We own the series" or make an absurd prediction but I didn't. I feel good about myself regardless of what happens on the Internet.
It’s “rangs”. Everyone knows that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Food poisoning is a bytch. Damn Chinese buffet.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Ryan Hinckley (@GatorRyan) tweeted at 9:26 PM on Wed, Aug 21, 2019:
Can you imagine the field day twitter would have if y’all wore pink pants
()

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online