***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Ole Miss***

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it was a late hit. It was driving KT 5-7 yards down to the ground after KT released the ball. Questionable, but not "really bad."
I disagree. Respectively, of course. ;)

How does the defender know he's thrown the ball when his head is down tackling him? The call was for driving Trask into the ground. ...not to the ground. I think it was a really bad call. But I'm glad that the calls seemed to go in our favor - which almost never happens.

Either way, Go Gators! Ole Miss is GatorBait!

:chomp:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Time to watch another game where people will tackle and cover despite it being the first game ;)

Go Gators
Beat the Cocks

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IMHO...... Kiffy is a very good OC. Our defense got cocky, tired and mismanaged. Staff tried too hard to develop depth with game experience. I don't think we are as bad as it seems. Hopefully!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
he shouldn't have his head down.

that's middle School level football skill.

You dumb dumb. Anyone tackling the QB is not going to be watching to see if he released the ball or pumped it. If his head was buried in Kyle "Superstar, Best Gator QB since Tebow" Trask's number, he still wouldn't know if Kyle "Never Underestimate Me, Fool" Trask had thrown it.

I know it's who you've allowed yourself to be, but don't argue a point you know is wrong just to argue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im guessing we had some D starters out with positive tests. I never saw Moon out there and he is our pass rushing guy.
Moon isn't and won't be on the field. he is probably the #4 rushbacker.

no one of any significance was out.

no linebackers were out. this is all we have.

Stiner's a starting safety and has been. basically we had one safety out.

you better get the excuseathon rolling: the third year, wuhan flu, doesn't matter this year, etc.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Kyle Pitts is very good at playing football. Ron English has no business coaching football at any level. Kiffin exploited what anyone able to read scouting report can: Stay away from the corners and make the Safeties pay. End of discussion.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GrahamHall_: Mullen points out #Gators have "tackled twice since the Orange Bowl" and "we're down some guys defensively".

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Can anyone remember a worse defensive performance? Nebraska 95?
Unfortunately yes. As an 18 year old kid I watched UGA drill us 51-0 in a torrential downpour back in 1968. I watched them do it again during the Herschel Walker era by 44-0. Not that those scores take anything away from the intense suckitude of today's defensive fiasco. If not for the Kyle to Kyle axis, we would be looking at 0-1. I really hate TG's scheme and total lack of in-game adjustments. He really does need to go - the sooner the better. But to be fair, Corral and those WRs and RBs are for real and that asshat LK can scheme up a game plan.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
IMHO...... Kiffy is a very good OC. Our defense got cocky, tired and mismanaged. Staff tried too hard to develop depth with game experience. I don't think we are as bad as it seems. Hopefully!
I'm hoping for the biggest 1st game to 2nd game improvement in the history of the universe. We're going to need it.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Clearly we won't have a great defense this year, but I do think the defense will improve and may be adequate. Having starters out hurt and Grantham didn't watch enough FAU film to prep for this game. That or Kiffin did a good job of throwing in some unexpected wrinkles to his offense.

I also think that Ole Miss has a better offense than we all expected and is better than most of the teams on our schedule. They scored some points last year, and they'll score more this year. Still, this needs to be the last year for most of that defensive staff. Poor scheme and holes in recruiting fall on them.

But wow that Gator offense. Probably would've had more points if Trask played the entire game. He made that Ole Miss D look like Houston Baptist.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Clearly we won't have a great defense this year, but I do think the defense will improve and may be adequate. Having starters out hurt and Grantham didn't watch enough FAU film to prep for this game. That or Kiffin did a good job of throwing in some unexpected wrinkles to his offense.

I also think that Ole Miss has a better offense than we all expected and is better than most of the teams on our schedule. They scored some points last year, and they'll score more this year. Still, this needs to be the last year for most of that defensive staff. Poor scheme and holes in recruiting fall on them.

But wow that Gator offense. Probably would've had more points if Trask played the entire game. He made that Ole Miss D look like Houston Baptist.

Houston Baptist D is much better. the Ole Miss D had a lot to do with our offense. They are a very bad pee wee league D. Not moving the ball with ease against them would have been a problem. Kudos to our guys, but thinking we have an elite offense based on playing Ole Miss is a little much.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I waited a decade for an offense and now no defense.
75e05604aad32e.jpg

it's really the same as the defense always looked without David Reese (#33) on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator