***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Towson***

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Care to compare notes about the Miami and KY games and then what actually happened in them?
I have yet to predict a blow out against a P5 team so not sure what notes need comparing. Like @ltraz said, most don’t run around with their hair on fire about it.

In retrospect, Miami may have only been close because of Franks’ turnovers and limited passing. Maybe Trask shreds them - who knows? Same with Kentucky. Did not look too bad hanging 19 points in the 4th on them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have yet to predict a blow out against a P5 team so not sure what notes need comparing. Like @ltraz said, most don’t run around with their hair on fire about it.

In retrospect, Miami may have only been close because of Franks’ turnovers and limited passing. Maybe Trask shreds them - who knows? Same with Kentucky. Did not look too bad hanging 19 points in the 4th on them.

Of course no one can predict this stuff with accuracy over any lengthy period of time and even one game can go off the rails but we still have shown no running game against any defense with a pulse and not even much from our RBs against teams without a pulse like Tenn. Maybe we finally break through against the Mighty Towson Tigers who gave up about 300 yards on the ground to Villanova who most people don't even know have a football team.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I picked OT wins for us in both due to thinking they would be close and much of what I said might be a problem was in those games. I have no problem getting ribbed some but it should at least be when the person doing it took me to the cleaners on some prediction about the game.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Of course no one can predict this stuff with accuracy over any lengthy period of time and even one game can go off the rails but we still have shown no running game against any defense with a pulse and not even much from our RBs against teams without a pulse like Tenn. Maybe we finally break through against the Mighty Towson Tigers who gave up about 300 yards on the ground to Villanova who most people don't even know have a football team.
Calm down, Tiger Fever. You going to spaz out about our deficiencies this week instead of the other team’s strengths? Interesting concept but I’m guessing your hair quickly reignites during Auburn week.

:ohnoez:Auburn’s DL!!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Calm down, Tiger Fever. You going to spaz out about our deficiencies this week instead of the other team’s strengths? Interesting concept but I’m guessing your hair quickly reignites during Auburn week. Auburn’s DL!!!

:lol: Auburn defense has me concerned - the offense not so much at this time unless they show improvement against Miss State.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
:lol: Auburn defense has me concerned - the offense not so much at this time unless they show improvement against Miss State.
Their front 7 are concerning. Not sure what they have in the secondary, to be honest. It’ll definitely be a challenge but I do not foresee an undefeated season so... not terribly concerned - we will drop one at some point. Hope its not against Auburn but I would take that loss if it meant beating UGA...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Fun fact, over the next 3 games we will play teams all with the same mascot name, Tigers. This is a first for any team since the BCS era.

Might be true, who knows? I just made it up.

Last edited:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Fun fact, over the next 3 games we will play teams all with the same mascot name, Tigers. This is a first for any team in the BCS era.

It might sound a little more believable if we were actually in the "BCS era". :lol:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Fun fact, over the next 3 games we will play teams all with the same mascot name, Tigers. This is a first for any team since the BCS era.

Not really worth looking up, but since there are three teams who are “Tigers” in the SEC alone, I’m dubious of your statement.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Their front 7 are concerning. Not sure what they have in the secondary, to be honest. It’ll definitely be a challenge but I do not foresee an undefeated season so... not terribly concerned - we will drop one at some point. Hope its not against Auburn but I would take that loss if it meant beating UGA...

I would be pleasantly shocked if we somehow only dropped 2 regular season games.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I would be pleasantly shocked if we somehow only dropped 2 regular season games.
So would most of us. I predicted 9-3 to start the season and I’m sticking to that. 5-3 over the remainder of the season seems fair.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Another 10-3 record would be good for this schedule after a bowl game...but we need bigger expectations...I feel jaded and cynical

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator