***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nope, the pylon is OOB. You have to get the ball over it or touch it with the ball. He hit the pylon with his leg with the ball lateral to the pylon so it was out just short. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference since they would have scored on the next play.

Blah, blah, blah....it saved us one less play. You think they weren't getting in on the next play?

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Has anyone on our team not named Taven Bryan ever seen a squat rack or a curl bar?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why isn’t that Goolsby or Lewis in that spot???

Agree. Stephens has gotten more and more playing time. His dad tweeted a few weeks ago something about "No throws to the TE".

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
My friends and I ran better pass routes and had better route combos when we used to play sandlot football after school 40 years ago.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Nope, the pylon is OOB. You have to get the ball over it or touch it with the ball. He hit the pylon with his leg with the ball lateral to the pylon so it was out just short. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference since they would have scored on the next play.

I meant to say touch any part of the pylon with the ball and it’s a TD. I believe the only exception to this is if the ball carrier goes airborne. I think I misread your OP in haste as it looks like you are saying the same thing. Now regarding the player’s body touching the pylon, I still think it’s a TD if the ball breaks the plane of the goal line.

**EDIT**- You’re correct about the pylon being out of bounds as it relates to being touched by the player’s body so if the ball wasn’t over the plane of the goal line it’s not a TD but if the ball carrier’s body is in bounds and the ball touches the pylon it’s still a TD. I didn’t see the play you referenced close enough to tell what happened.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Agree. Stephens has gotten more and more playing time. His dad tweeted a few weeks ago something about "No throws to the TE".

Stephens isn’t supposed to be the pass catching TE, but he’s getting more targets than the other two. I don’t get it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Why isn’t that Goolsby or Lewis in that spot???

For the same reason they call a direct snap run to Toney and he runs it to the side that Franks is lined up on, like you expect your QB to make a crushing block. What can't anyone understand? They had 2 weeks to make it look like they had a clue and we look worse. Our administration and biggest boosters are a bunch of jock sniffers who know nothing about football!!!!!

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
There is no heart on this team on either side of the ball and that comes from the top down. As bad a Franks is looking, coaching and mediocre receiver play are also factors. On the first few drives before I turned it off, you can see guys just running their routes with no fire and when they were covered, they made no attempt whatsoever to make something happen...just let the play die and your QB get sacked.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
McElwangdang just stands on the sidelines with his arms crossed. There is absolutely no fire in him or no appearance that he wants things to improve during the game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
May not... but I'll reserve complete judgement until he ous away from butters

I was actually kidding, w/ the way he's playing today.

I agree completely, he needs a new QB coach/OC. He needs a fresh start. The kid is athletic and has talent. I'm not writing off a freshman, who has 3 years left.

We need this coaching staff so far away from Gainesville!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So Franks is actually 7/16* HAHA Franks is getting zero help from these "receivers"

I'm looking at the stats on the ESPN box score, and we're both wrong: 6/15

We have 25 yards passing and 118 yards rushing - which is almost 40 yards over UGA's average.

If our D was worth a sh*t we'd be down 14-3 or so.

They have 56 passing and 167 rushing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.