Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The fatal fourth down from our 34. Upon further review, Pearsall flashing left was open briefly for a short toss, but Etienne -- who faked a run and then stepped back to pass, using up precious time -- had no chance to get rid of the ball. Mondon was in the backfield untouched.

Napier's response?

"That's one of many plays today that probably we'd like to have back. But it's not necessarily about the plays at times. It's about the players. It's about the execution. We can certainly call better plays at times today, but ultimately it comes down to the execution of the play."

Except, Coach, you designed a fake that took forever to develop and you failed to plan for protection of the passer. Play fail.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The fatal fourth down from our 34. Upon further review, Pearsall flashing left was open briefly for a short toss, but Etienne -- who faked a run and then stepped back to pass, using up precious time -- had no chance to get rid of the ball. Mondon was in the backfield untouched.

Napier's response?

"That's one of many plays today that probably we'd like to have back. But it's not necessarily about the plays at times. It's about the players. It's about the execution. We can certainly call better plays at times today, but ultimately it comes down to the execution of the play."

Except, Coach, you designed a fake that took forever to develop and you failed to plan for protection of the passer. Play fail.

Watch 22, tell me he didn't go block the wrong guy. He looked right at, even took a step towards, the guy that took ETN down before breaking it off and going to the next level

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Napier's response?

That play would have been more successful if the snap came out high and hit mertz in the nuts and he fell on the ball right there. Terrible play call after a terrible review that took an earned first down away from us.

We can all bitch about the terrible play calling, ****tiest special teams in the country and piss poor tackling all we won't but until we get some SEC level talent on the oline we're fuched. There's not an OC in football who can win with this oline. Sucks to say it but that's not getting fixed before next season either without some miracles in the transfer portal.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That play would have been more successful if the snap came out high and hit mertz in the nuts and he fell on the ball right there. Terrible play call after a terrible review that took an earned first down away from us.

We can all bitch about the terrible play calling, ****tiest special teams in the country and piss poor tackling all we won't but until we get some SEC level talent on the oline we're fuched. There's not an OC in football who can win with this oline. Sucks to say it but that's not getting fixed before next season either without some miracles in the transfer portal.

I have to agree with every one of your criticisms. The thing that stood out to me about the fourth down was the risk/reward. We had far more to lose by gambling and we made it infinitely worse by gambling the reckless way we did.

If we had any chance to stay in the game longer, it was lost. It completely changed the momentum.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That play also appears to have been run better if it ran to right instead of left and Pearsal stayed home. They definitely had defense shifted to side they ran to. Right was more open

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That play also appears to have been run better if it ran to right instead of left and Pearsal stayed home. They definitely had defense shifted to side they ran to. Right was more open

Except Etienne is left-handed. You're asking him to do more.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Except Etienne is left-handed. You're asking him to do more.
I didn't know ones hand coordinated ones feet. I guess I'll have to defer to your expertise here

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We also just going to skip over 22 going to block the wrong guy?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Face it, we got our asses kicked by the best team in the country. They’ve reeled off 25 straight wins for a reason and they would beat us 10 out of 10 right now. It’s just where we’re at.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Napier's response?

I’m sure he tried something similar against App State and failed just as miserably. It takes Billy Bob at least six kicks in the nuts for him to learn his lesson .

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was always going to be a pass. The run fake was to draw people away.
And that can be changed when you see where the defense is. Keep #1 at home and run right.

Also, 22 was blocking, not running a route. He took a step towards the guy that took etn down then went to next level and blocked.
Was likely supposed to be a dump off to 1

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Face it, we got our asses kicked by the best team in the country. They’ve reeled off 25 straight wins for a reason and they would beat us 10 out of 10 right now. It’s just where we’re at.

It was a given that we had to play a perfect game and get a few turnovers to have any chance to win. They aren't just physical, they're fast and physical and very talented. I'd like to think we can get there, but that's just a wish.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
78, my first point being, when Napier is talking about "execution" he's talking about 22 there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
78, my first point being, when Napier is talking about "execution" he's talking about 22 there.

Maybe. He may have been part of the diversion effort to draw people to the middle of the line and then go opposite direction. I can only speculate.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The execution was on coaching. Da dawgs read the play and were prepared.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe. He may have been part of the diversion effort to draw people to the middle of the line and then go opposite direction. I can only speculate.
He went right at #2 of UGA though. He saw he was loose, even if not a full block, a chip would have helped that play, imo

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He went right at #2 of UGA though. He saw he was loose, even if not a full block, a chip would have helped that play, imo

Of all the mismatches, Napier the play caller against Smart the defensive guru was the greatest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator