Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For the record, I'm not mad or disappointed we lost today. I think we all knew an ass whoopingwas coming. I think it's encouraging that our entire depth chart is pretty much freshmen and sophomore and we have a top 5 class coming in.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
And there’s a reason he has a restaurant in Gainesville. He’s the standard.

Also, it helps when your schedule includes sub-500 uga, Lsu, Aub, Uk and/or Usce.

These comparisons to Spurrier never cease to amaze me.

As far as your comment above about the schedule, in any given year, you have 3 or so ranked teams in the East and the West. The names may change but the competition is always there. For you to represent that SOS had easier schedules than Sun Belt Billy is ridiculous.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Muschamp never lost to tennessee, Mullen never lost to fsu and Treon never lost to uga.

So WM > Spurrier

Dan > Meyer

and

Treon > Tebow

Things do change.

Seriously, come up with better retorts. Spurrier coached us for 12 seasons. Muschamp & Mullen were here for what, 4 seasons each. Your comment is just stupid.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
These comparisons to Spurrier never cease to amaze me.

As far as your comment above about the schedule, in any given year, you have 3 or so ranked teams in the East and the West. The names may change but the competition is always there. For you to represent that SOS had easier schedules than Sun Belt Billy is ridiculous.

Which part? And I never actually said SOS had an easier schedule. I’ve been consistent in saying that things change and challenges look differently. Where Spurrier faced a stupid fsu team, Meyer got better uga and Lsu squads. These aren’t opinions. You “looneyed” me for saying Spurrier was 1-4-1 against the best team he faced in his first 5 seasons. I guess math is now up for debate.

And again, when I’ve referenced Spurrier, I’ve been quick to say he’s the standard bearer, meaning that if someone doesn’t quite measure up, it’s not just some random bar. It’s the best, or second best, coach we’ve ever had in our history. So no, Napier isn’t, and may never be, Spurrier. We can agree there.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Which part? And I never actually said SOS had an easier schedule. I’ve been consistent in saying that things change and challenges look differently. Where Spurrier faced a stupid fsu team, Meyer got better uga and Lsu squads. These aren’t opinions. You “looneyed” me for saying Spurrier was 1-4-1 against the best team he faced in his first 5 seasons. I guess math is now up for debate.

And again, when I’ve referenced Spurrier, I’ve been quick to say he’s the standard bearer, meaning that if someone doesn’t quite measure up, it’s not just some random bar. It’s the best, or second best, coach we’ve ever had in our history. So no, Napier isn’t, and may never be, Spurrier. We can agree there.
I see you

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Seriously, come up with better retorts. Spurrier coached us for 12 seasons. Muschamp & Mullen were here for what, 4 seasons each. Your comment is just stupid.

The generalization is just stupid. Saying this guy never lost to that team is dumb. Imagine the horror of the average 70s/80s Alabama fan if you told them Florida would beat them 5 out of 6 times, mostly for SEC crowns.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

You represented or implied SOS had an easier schedule. The comment you were replying to was a comment complimentary of SOS & critical of Billy. You replied that it helps when your schedule includes sub 500 UGA, LSU, et al., which was clearly a dig at Spurrier. You were clearly implying, in your defense of Billy, that SOS had an easier SEC schedule.

As far as looneying you, there is nothing wrong with your math. I looneyed you because your logic is looney. The correct comparison isn’t SOS vs. FSU compared to Billy vs. UGA, the correct comparison is SOS vs the entire schedule compared to Billy vs the entire schedule…in addition to a number of other factors such as number of SEC titles, how competent the team looked week in/week out, productivity on both sides of the ball, wins vs. ranked teams, etc. That’s why I looneyed your post.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You represented or implied SOS had an easier schedule. The comment you were replying to was a comment complimentary of SOS & critical of Billy. You replied that it helps when your schedule includes sub 500 UGA, LSU, et al., which was clearly a dig at Spurrier. You were clearly implying, in your defense of Billy, that SOS had an easier SEC schedule.

As far as looneying you, there is nothing wrong with your math. I looneyed you because your logic is looney. The correct comparison isn’t SOS vs. FSU compared to Billy vs. UGA, the correct comparison is SOS vs the entire schedule compared to Billy vs the entire schedule…in addition to a number of other factors such as number of SEC titles, how competent the team looked week in/week out, productivity on both sides of the ball, wins vs. ranked teams, etc. That’s why I looneyed your post.

I stated those teams were under 500, because they spent much of the 90s under 500. And yes, that comprised a major part of our schedule. Numbers are there, look them up. Aub, Lsu and uga had AIDS in the 90s, and in the few years they didn’t, we often lost to them(on top of fsu). In addition, there was not a Kentucky team anywhere remotely close to the last few coaches have seen under stoops, and I’d put Utah against 90’OkSt and 91 Syracuse all day.

Again, I’m not saying that Napier deserves a pass for anything, nor am I saying he is on the same level as a Spurrier. I am simply stating that if we were to somehow go on, and have a successful year, but still have a handful of these type losses, it would not be all the different than what we saw under some of other coaches. Worse than our HOF coach, yes? That, again, I’ll agree with.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I stated those teams were under 500, because they spent much of the 90s under 500. And yes, that comprised a major part of our schedule. Numbers are there, look them up. Aub, Lsu and uga had AIDS in the 90s, and in the few years they didn’t, we often lost to them(on top of fsu). In addition, there was not a Kentucky team anywhere remotely close to the last few coaches have seen under stoops, and I’d put Utah against 90’OkSt and 91 Syracuse all day.

Again, I’m not saying that Napier deserves a pass for anything, nor am I saying he is on the same level as a Spurrier. I am simply stating that if we were to somehow go on, and have a successful year, but still have a handful of these type losses, it would not be all the different than what we saw under some of other coaches. Worse than our HOF coach, yes? That, again, I’ll agree with.

Are you drunk? I already spelled this out for you. For every season where you had a crappy (choose the team) UGA back then, you had a good (again, choose the team) South Carolina team. A weak LSU team offset by a strong Auburn team. You should look up the numbers because they are there and this is what they show. We also played Auburn and LSU every year when SOS was coach; not the case now. You’re also wrong when you say Aub, UGA & LSU had AIDS for most of the 90s. Aub was ranked almost every year in the 90s, UGA had quite a few good teams. LSU was probably the worst of the 3 and they had several good years. You’re wrong on this, plain & simple. Tell me what years these teams were in the dumpster during SOS’ tenure.

Regarding Napier, if we somehow have a “successful” year this season, it still won’t be anywhere close to what we saw under Spurrier & Meyer. Billy lost more games his first season than SOS did in his first several seasons. Put the booze down and go look it up. The numbers back me up. It’s night & day different.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Are you drunk? I already spelled this out for you. For every season where you had a crappy (choose the team) UGA back then, you had a good (again, choose the team) South Carolina team. A weak LSU team offset by a strong Auburn team. You should look up the numbers because they are there and this is what they show. We also played Auburn and LSU every year when SOS was coach; not the case now. You’re also wrong when you say Aub, UGA & LSU had AIDS for most of the 90s. Aub was ranked almost every year in the 90s, UGA had quite a few good teams. LSU was probably the worst of the 3 and they had several good years. You’re wrong on this, plain & simple. Tell me what years these teams were in the dumpster during SOS’ tenure.

Regarding Napier, if we somehow have a “successful” year this season, it still won’t be anywhere close to what we saw under Spurrier & Meyer. Billy lost more games his first season than SOS did in his first several seasons. Put the booze down and go look it up. The numbers back me up. It’s night & day different.
So head on over to Spurrier's and suck his dick. You can blow Meyer too, if you find him, wherever he is.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If I was Dwight Howard, I would…but I’m not, so I won’t.
Sure Jan GIF

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
This is where I think the game could have been different. Maybe not a win, but a better game. Great coaching sees the weaknesses of the opponent and takes advantage and it will change with every possession. We could not adjust, could not change because we have very weak coaching. We have the players that can do the job. But not with this O & D playcalling, that's coaching, and that's what we lacked. Also the FIRE in the team that was not there due to sh@tty coaching.
We have the skill players but we do not have the OL to do the job.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Auburn had a total of 4 seasons of 9+ wins in Spurrier’s 12 seasons here. And he lost to them in two of those years. They had also had three 5 win seasons, a scrappy 3-9 campaign in ‘98 and a 7-5 team in 2001 that also beat us. So as many losing seasons as 9 win seasons. 88-46-3 overall.

The dogs had 3 total seasons of 9+ wins, beating us in one of those years, and 5 seasons of 6 wins or less. 88-51-1 overall.

Lsu had 7 losing seasons in Spurrier’s 12 years. They won 9+ games 3 times, beating us one of those years. 72-68-1 overall.

I’m not going to even get into Uk, Vu or Usce during that time because that’s laughable. But those three teams you claim were solid combined for 165 losses during that time, winning roughly 59% of their games. AIDS.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No I'm not going to spare you the youth excuse, yes all teams play young players, but we are primarily young players. UGA has a defensive guru as its head coach with another one (muschamp) as co-defensive coordinator. We have a 30 year old learning the ropes. And yes, swapping O lines would have made all the difference in the world. Beck had ALL DAY in the pocket and could leisurely wait for recievers to come open. Mertz didn't have that luxury.

I'm not happy at all about it, but getting bent out of shape when you know what the outcome will likely be is insane. They have years of stacked top recruiting classes and we don't. Thats it in a nutshell.
Why you throw short of the sticks.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we will be a very good team this year, and have said it several times. All predicated on Mertz coming back, but this will be the most complete team we’ve had since 19-20. I realize our schedule will cost losses, but if we are not a good team next year, then I will have no problem with those that think we need a change.
We aren’t good at blocking and have two line coaches . The weak link on our OL was a guy Billy thought he stole from Nicky. The secondary plays with little effort . Often jogging on plays downfield .8 and 10 are Billy guys and probably should be playing in the Sunbelt like their coach . We don’t tackle well and shoot ourselves in the foot with egregious mental mistakes and some of the worst special teams play you’ll see at any level. Nothing and I mean nothing indicates that this a good team . There is no logical reason to believe next season will be better with an even more demanding schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator