***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs USF***

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It’s not just staring down receivers, it’s his lack of accuracy that’s super concerning. Every other pass is in the dirt or behind the receiver. He’s super erratic and doesn’t make good decisions.

He’s basically Driskel and Franks morphed into one. He’s our Bo Nix.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our season seems already in severe jeopardy - in a pit of quicksand that is the only thing quick about this team.
Sure it's just one game but it's a game EJ shouldn't have had. EJ bogged this team down with big help from Mullen. Like the RB who trips over his own feet yet stumbles for a decent gain, more the result of blind luck than executed skill or planning = that is what this team pulled off. Plus we accomplished that against a creampuff opponent. Luckily, we face another creampuff opponent this week. But how does a team sharpen its machinations plying those workings against a subpar team? And certainly, that's a doubtful process relying on a "half-ass" HC & coach-staff.?
These Florida Gators are taking a vacation from useful football. Thanks, Mullen, what does that leave the Gator Faithful with.?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s not just staring down receivers, it’s his lack of accuracy that’s super concerning. Every other pass is in the dirt or behind the receiver. He’s super erratic and doesn’t make good decisions.

Accuracy is almost always footwork issues.

If you look at the scouting reports for all of Mullinz QBs, accuracy, footwork, and reads are the main criticisms of the pupils of our latest "QB whisperer".

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

If you look at the scouting reports for all of Mullinz QBs, accuracy, footwork, and reads are the main criticisms of the pupils of our latest "QB whisperer".
Well not all how soon we forget Trask

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Emory looks really flat-footed to me, but I haven’t studied his mechanics or anything like that lol

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think you just insulted Franks. Our offense with EJ is what it would have looked like with Driskel. He seriously threw 2 picks and really should have had 2 more picked off for 6 against a really bad FAU team. I'm trying to remember a worse performance against a cupcake. Maybe Treon vs FAU? I like the kid and would like to see him maybe get a shot at receiver or something. Seems like a good teammate and he's a good enough athlete to be on the field.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think you just insulted Franks. Our offense with EJ is what it would have looked like with Driskel. He seriously threw 2 picks and really should have had 2 more picked off for 6 against a really bad FAU team. I'm trying to remember a worse performance against a cupcake. Maybe Treon vs FAU? I like the kid and would like to see him maybe get a shot at receiver or something. Seems like a good teammate and he's a good enough athlete to be on the field.
Right. Should move to the slot.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

That’s funny. After the game my son’s exact words were “Emory probably should have been a receiver”. I think you guys are on to something. But more likely it will be the transfer portal for him. Here’s hoping he makes us all look stupid with an outstanding performance against USF but I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like EJ's body of work is too small to already write him off and change his position. I think 1st game "jips" coupled with poor play calling did him in.

Strange that he thought he played "pretty well". I would have preferred something more along the "we've got some things to clean up and work on" line of answer. His answer may represent the general lessening of Expectations many of us see in the program.

IMHO, we really won't know what type of team we have until the Bama game. I fully expect the Dirty Tide to kick our azz but the real test will be how hard our less Talented and poorly Coached Team plays against a Superior opponent. Will it be a stepping stone to a exciting season of Fun Gator Football or will it open the door of blame, quitting and general suckage?

The poor execution in the passing game was somewhat expected but the continued poor play of our secondary was not expected by me. I thought we would clean up the general confusion from last year but we look just as lost as ever. In addition, our trash talking and posturing after giving up a 12 yard gain, make us look stupid. Anyone who still claims we are DBU, should be permanently Banned!

Hopefully the old adage, "the greatest improvement occurs between the 1st and 2nd game" proves true.

General observation: Mullen has really earned the nickname Dorky Dan.......... it's painful to watch him on camera, he has "zero" situational awareness and his attempts at humor are petty and embarrassing. He should be fired "for cause" just for his interviews....

Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like EJ's body of work is too small to already write him off and change his position. I think 1st game "jips" coupled with poor play calling did him in.
I hope you're right but the poor play calling isn't going to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.