***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs USF***

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
If you look at the scouting reports for all of Mullinz QBs, accuracy, footwork, and reads are the main criticisms of the pupils of our latest "QB whisperer".

Yeah, but are those qualities a QB really needs?

with a run run run option offense, we're going to need two- three quarterbacks this year.

Yeah, but are those qualities a QB really needs...in our offense?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That’s funny. After the game my son’s exact words were “Emery probably should have been a receiver”. I think you guys are on to something. But more likely it will be the transfer portal for him. Here’s hoping he makes us all look stupid with an outstanding performance against USF but I’m not holding my breath.

It's funny, I was just thinking to myself this morning that, just our luck, Jones goes out Saturday and plays really well and it becomes a season long debate on who should be at QB. For all the good that Trask did while at UF, maybe the greatest contribution was the fact that for the first time in a decade, we had a QB that we knew was the right QB. Those 23 games were such a relief in that regard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny, I was just thinking to myself this morning that, just our luck, Jones goes out Saturday and plays really well and it becomes a season long debate on who should be at QB. For all the good that Trask did while at UF, maybe the greatest contribution was the fact that for the first time in a decade, we had a QB that we knew was the right QB. Those 23 games were such a relief in that regard.
There were certainly some vocal types who thought Danball would be complete with EJ, the offense would actually improve, and EJ was going to surprise us and likely be a Heisman candidate.

Like four days ago.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Also there was no one on the roster that had the talent to make it a question. The fans favorite player when the qb falters or is a ginger is the backup quarterback.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There were certainly some vocal types who thought Danball would be complete with EJ, the offense would actually improve, and EJ was going to surprise us and likely win Heisman.

I thought we would see a more complete version of what Mullen wanted to run. I just realize that Mullen would be so schitty a play caller with a quarterback that actually could run the ball.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There were certainly some vocal types who thought Danball would be complete with EJ, the offense would actually improve, and EJ was going to surprise us and likely be a Heisman candidate.

Like four days ago.

Dredging up past predictions to mock and insult posters is not what this board is all about. Never has been.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Accuracy is almost always footwork issues.

If you look at the scouting reports for all of Mullinz QBs, accuracy, footwork, and reads are the main criticisms of the pupils of our latest "QB whisperer".

giphy.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Accuracy is almost always footwork issues.

If you look at the NFL scouting reports for all of Mullinz QBs entering the draft, accuracy, footwork, and reads are the main criticisms of the pupils of our latest "QB whisperer".

Fixed if for you... amazing how Dak, leaves college accuracy concerns, rookie year, one of the most accurate (4th overall) in the league after one summer of coaching.

Dak Prescott Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not talking philosohy, talking about absolutely schitty playcalling.

The 4th and goal from the 4 where we had Jones just go QB Power into the Center, despite having three 4* and one 5* RB, plus at least three blue chip WR's at our disposal, was dynamite.

I don't know why but I envisioned that entire huddle playcall in Jim Gaffigan's confused voice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The 4th and goal from the 4 where we had Jones just go QB Power into the Center, despite having three 4* and one 5* RB, plus at least three blue chip WR's at our disposal, was dynamite.

I don't know why but I envisioned that entire huddle playcall in Jim Gaffigan's confused voice.

I mean Emory came in, lets throw some confused play calling. Especially after the offense appeared to be starting to start hitting a stride, but because it's the third possession lets change qbs (something I also had an issue with last season).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I mean Emory came in, lets throw some confused play calling. Especially after the offense appeared to be starting to start hitting a stride, but because it's the third possession lets change qbs (something I also had an issue with last season).

Yeah, all those scripted series for EJ the last few years, including some stalled drives when we'd been humming with Trask, make even less sense at this point. Once EJ was struggling in the first few drives, that idea of rotating should've been scrapped. Get your starter(s) in a groove, get a 30 point lead, and let Richardson and others play from there. It's been that way my entire life of watching football. You don't start making substitutions in the first half and kill any chance of rhythm, specially in week one with new starters, a road game next week, followed by Alabama in week 3. Not to mention you're operating the whole game with anything but an insurmountable lead, and the excitement and buzz of the crowd, which recruits feed off, is gone. The whole approach is completely ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.