***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs USF***

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This is a great point.

He has been here a long time, but his playing time has been ridiculously limited, basically a few series here and there where he was almost exclusively trusted with only running the option. I dont remember how many passes he has on his career but it isnt too many.
A consequence of us not putting people away like we should have the last two years. Had we, EJ might have had entire halves, or close to it to get good game experience.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This is a great point.

He has been here a long time, but his playing time has been ridiculously limited, basically a few series here and there where he was almost exclusively trusted with only running the option. I dont remember how many passes he has on his career but it isnt too many.

It is a great point. Also needs to be considered that EJ was probably coached to just tuck and run more than go through progressions during his time as a back up to Trask. His insertion into the game behind Trask was more of a change up to Trask than it was for getting actual game time experience.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Watch Perkins set the edge here....lol Cox should get some pointers from this kid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Watch Perkins set the edge here....lol Cox should get some pointers from this kid.

Maybe we can move him to DE. Technically, the guy got (barely) outside of him. He should have been outside engaging him with his inside shoulder. If he gets beaten, it has to be to the inside, not the outside. He was fast enough that it didnt matter, but with a faster back, or stronger back....

I dont think setting the edge was his assignment anyway. That DE SHOULD have set the edge. Sorry but if you are an SEC DE you should destroy that fuchsing Sunbelt TE and set the edge.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is a great point. Also needs to be considered that EJ was probably coached to just tuck and run more than go through progressions during his time as a back up to Trask. .
Hell, I dont remember EJ getting many pass plays called.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Or they need glasses. I went to school with Willie Jackson (the original) and he was fast and ran good routes. But he couldn't catch consistently. Rumor was the team doc sent him to an optometrist and he got glasses and started catching better. Could have been a rumor. Couldn't ask him myself because he never showed up for class.

... bad vision? wonder what class he showed up at.?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We may cover...but not with my money!

We'll win but it should be another UGLY game.

We should be betting on how many 3rd and Grantham's?

How many Cousin Eddie "duffus plays"? (EJ up the middle on short yardage...When his back-up is 6'4"-240)

Or Personal Fouls?

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Accuracy is almost always footwork issues.

If you look at the scouting reports for all of Mullinz QBs, accuracy, footwork, and reads are the main criticisms of the pupils of our latest "QB whisperer".

Not only is he doing poorly, it seems like he actually regressed compared to 2018 and 2019 appearances. I know his appearances were scripted, but I remember he threw a nice deep ball to Van Jefferson against the leghumpers in 2019 that ended up being PI. That was when the game was still on the line.

Mullenzes maybe whispering too loud in this kid's head.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not only is he doing poorly, it seems like he actually regressed compared to 2018 and 2019 appearances. I know his appearances were scripted, but I remember he threw a nice deep ball to Van Jefferson against the leghumpers in 2018 that ended up being PI. That was when the game was still on the line.

Could be the actual qb coach is now with the Iggles.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@GatorsFB: Threads for Game 2. #NeverForget

I know I will get some heat for this, and I apologize in advance. But it wasn't just the fire departments that lost men trying to save everyone they could regardless of race/ethnicity that day. Over 70 police officers were killed as well, and hundreds more have severe health problems to this day. I have a personal friend who's one of them. It's ok, UF. You can say it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
See, you're almost there SoFla. I think you're ready. Just try it once, type Dooshbag Dan or Dipshlt Dan.

You have to break it down to it's parts and you see Donk was describing himself. A Pro POS. Makes more sense now doesn't it?
Come to think of it, that pretty much describes the law profession as a whole
Not only is he doing poorly, it seems like he actually regressed compared to 2018 and 2019 appearances. I know his appearances were scripted, but I remember he threw a nice deep ball to Van Jefferson against the leghumpers in 2018 that ended up being PI. That was when the game was still on the line.

When I hear Dooshy Dan called a QB whisperer I always picture him whispering to his QB's something like "....pssst..., as I'm sure you can tell, I don't know what the phuk I'm doing but these idiot are paying me damn near a million dollars a win, so try to make it look like we actually practice"

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know I will get some heat for this, and I apologize in advance. But it wasn't just the fire departments that lost men trying to save everyone they could regardless of race/ethnicity that day. Over 70 police officers were killed as well, and hundreds more have severe health problems to this day. I have a personal friend who's one of them. It's ok, UF. You can say it.

But police officers are evil. Didn’t you hear?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
In the lead up to the season, I remember @oxrageous and a few others talking about their being zero buzz around UF football this year. Considering we're less than 21 hours from kickoff and are approaching 24 hours since our last reply in the actual game thread, I think it's safe to say we can put that silly little speculation to rest.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
In the lead up to the season, I remember @oxrageous and a few others talking about their being zero buzz around UF football this year. Considering we're less than 21 hours from kickoff and are approaching 24 hours since our last reply in the actual game thread, I think it's safe to say we can put that silly little speculation to rest.

I think we established that it isn't a game but a chance for Mullen to develop his QBs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You want buzz around UF? START AR15.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You want buzz around UF? START AR15.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.