Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
And a former Gator at LB.

(Is anyone else hoping to see him get pancaked a few times? I can’t decide who I want to see do it; a new guy like O’Cyrus or one of his former teammates like White. Prolly both.)

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

(Is anyone else hoping to see him get pancaked a few times? I can’t decide who I want to see do it; a new guy like O’Cyrus or one of his former teammates like White. Prolly both.)
Chances are, it’ll never happen. All we have to do is run a counter and he’ll be nowhere near the play.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I’m expecting a bad angle and a whiff, or a high arm tackle attempt. Both staples of a 3rd and Gramthan D.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Hoping that Torrence fires off the line and plants him in the ground. Torrence gets up and says, "what up, see what you missin'".

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
"Utah opens against Florida at The Swamp. Two weeks later the Utes have a dangerous home game against San Diego State."

Was he serious with this? An away game at the Swamp is basically being compared to a "dangerous" home game against freaking San Diego State?

It's time to show these turds what big boy football is.
Let's hope Utah rolls into G'ville thinking the same: that UF is a powder puff game. It would be nice to smack them in the mouth and send them home limping. One can hope that Napier is playing the "us against the world" card with the expectations of this team nationally. A win here would be so sweet for the Gators.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
06:00 PM

Utah

-2½

Florida

+2½

Pickem

utah.jpg
(7) Utah Utes-
florida.jpg
Florida Gators -9.5-

1661274996910.png

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Right now I’m watching Utah dismantle the Buckeyes in last years Rose on EspnU. They’re pretty damn physical.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough…I should add that I expect us to be way more physical under CBN. I’m thinking now this is going to war. It would be a huge win to start the season for either team. But much bigger for us. They can still cruise in the west if they lose.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Right now I’m watching Utah dismantle the Buckeyes in last years Rose on EspnU. They’re pretty damn physical.
Kyle Whittingham, their HBC, replaced Urbie when he came to Florida in 2004, after being their DC for 10 years. Kyle’s dad, Fred, played LB in the NFL for 9 years. He is a Mormon and knows how to play the mission game as well. In other words, he didn’t just fall off the turnip truck.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I have this game on in the background while on some calls. I was surprised it took OSU's offense to get going. I figured they must have some guys missing and found they had 19 players out. Sure, some are not major contributors, but it also included: Chris Olave, Garret Wilson and Nicholas Petite-Ferrere all opted out. Their star DT also opted out. We all saw how that impacted Michigan against us with Franks having nearly his best game ever and then us against OU with Trask still under center for a portion of the game.

This context matters.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have this game on in the background while on some calls. I was surprised it took OSU's offense to get going. I figured they must have some guys missing and found they had 19 players out. Sure, some are not major contributors, but it also included: Chris Olave, Garret Wilson and Nicholas Petite-Ferrere all opted out. Their star DT also opted out. We all saw how that impacted Michigan against us with Franks having nearly his best game ever and then us against OU with Trask still under center for a portion of the game.

This context matters.
Great point! I’m saying we’re going to lose. Just that these guys are physical. Much more than I realized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator