FYI...Go Gators

NOTE: They are practicing outside...in Utah​

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The Leghumpers have good TEs too. Utes will be a good test for our D.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A major part of our problem covering TEs the last few years is that we were in a scheme where our guys started off (at times not knowing the play) 10-15 yards away from the players they were supposed to cover.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
A major part of our problem covering TEs the last few years is that we were in a scheme where our guys started off (at times not knowing the play) 10-15 yards away from the players they were supposed to cover.

TL,DR version: Grantham.

And his inability to scheme LBers for anything other than blitzing the QB.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not trying to be too much of a Homer, but with Toney's scheme this should be addressed. Now, with that said how will they match up personnel wise. In Dwag Azz Grantham's scheme we were not able to do this. But I am sure that Toney will have this addressed.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
If things really are as I believe them to be, and we do take control of the game in the 3rd qtr. and win by 14 or more, there are two media narratives that will immediately come out of the game. The first will be - Unphukkin believable!!! Nobody saw this wacky schytt coming!!! Wow!!!, this Gator team may not suck so bad after all!" The second will be "Well, Utah must have been down with the flu or the whole team got into a brawl and got their butts whipped" - or some other idiotic claptrap of a similar nature. But that will only be the beginning. With a diamond club level doosh monkey like Dan Orlovsky casting about for the dumbest thing he can possibly say for three hours, you can be sure there will be plenty of stupid in the water by the time the geniuses at the SECNW weigh in. And there is no telling what the Clown-O-Rama starring Paul F-Baum, Dara Nooki, et al, will come up with. You can certainly count on plenty of scarcely veiled Gator Hatred, along with a heaping helping of the dumbass. But the sky really is the limit. I can hardly wait.

Last edited:

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
If things really are as I believe them to be, and we do take control of the game in the 3rd qtr. and win by 14 or more, there are two media narratives that will immediately come out of the game. The first will be - Unphukkin believable!!! Nobody saw this wacky schytt coming!!! Wow!!!, this Gator team may not suck so bad after all!" The second will be "Well, Utah must have been down with the flu or the whole team got into a brawl and got their butts whipped" - or some other idiotic claptrap of a similar nature. But that will only be the beginning. With a diamond club level doosh monkey like Dan Orlovsky casting about for the dumbest thing he can possibly say for three hours, you can be sure there will be plenty of stupid in the water by the time the geniuses at the SECNW weigh in. And there is no telling what the Clown-O-Rama starring Paul F-Baum, Dari Nooky, et al, will come up with. You can certainly count on plenty of scarcely veiled Gator Hatred, along with a heaping helping of the dumbass. But the sky really is the limit. I can hardly wait.
You need to quit dancing around the topic and tell us how you really feel.....

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The Leghumpers have good TEs too. Utes will be a good test for our D.

Brant and Dalton are some Utah names if I’ve ever heard some.

Hopefully, Torrence or one of our lbs lays the lumber to one of them early and makes them a little apprehensive about going over the middle.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I with the crop of LB's we have, will Toney will be able to scheme them to cover those TE's. We'll see if we have the talent to hang with them. I definitely feel that UF has that talent level. This big piece was getting rid of Grantham and his highly "risk vs. reward" style of defense and the having undersized talent playing out of position too. I am sure Toney will be all over this. What is left will be if Miller and Co. will be able to stop them. A hard, jaw jarring hit (non targeting) would set the tone for that.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I have this game on in the background while on some calls. I was surprised it took OSU's offense to get going. I figured they must have some guys missing and found they had 19 players out. Sure, some are not major contributors, but it also included: Chris Olave, Garret Wilson and Nicholas Petite-Ferrere all opted out. Their star DT also opted out. We all saw how that impacted Michigan against us with Franks having nearly his best game ever and then us against OU with Trask still under center for a portion of the game.

This context matters.
19 players out, classic disinterested bowl game, sleepwalking early, then OSU woke up and won the game. And this makes Utah a playoff contender?

Wittingham is a fine coach who gets the most out of his players. They will be disciplined. Their main advantage is experience & comfort in their system. They play fast, not much thinking, just go. Those split-seconds matter when you’re playing a more talented opponent.

Our advantages include size, speed, and talent, plus there is no tape on this team and plenty on Utah. And the noise. And the humidity. The quality of the installs in all 3 phases will tell the tale. I’m betting Billy’s staff has done that as well as possible and narrowed that gap well. You can’t short cut experience, but we have enough in the first team to let the newer guys eat some snaps and grow a bit.

Our bigs are bigger and faster on both sides. They’ll be pumped and prepared. AR will dazzle. The Swamp will be rocking.

Gators 34-24

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
19 players out, classic disinterested bowl game, sleepwalking early, then OSU woke up and won the game. And this makes Utah a playoff contender?

Wittingham is a fine coach who gets the most out of his players. They will be disciplined. Their main advantage is experience & comfort in their system. They play fast, not much thinking, just go. Those split-seconds matter when you’re playing a more talented opponent.

Our advantages include size, speed, and talent, plus there is no tape on this team and plenty on Utah. And the noise. And the humidity. The quality of the installs in all 3 phases will tell the tale. I’m betting Billy’s staff has done that as well as possible and narrowed that gap well. You can’t short cut experience, but we have enough in the first team to let the newer guys eat some snaps and grow a bit.

Our bigs are bigger and faster on both sides. They’ll be pumped and prepared. AR will dazzle. The Swamp will be rocking.

Gators 34-24
Great post, expect for the score. They ain't scoring 24 points.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

Gators 34-24
A minor point in Utes favor: They live and train in ratified air at 4000 feet above sea level. Playing at 150 feet ASL may give them an energy boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator