Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
What if AR gets suspended for the opener? How much does that change your prediction? Because I didn’t see anyone close to being a solid “next man up.”

Oh, are we playing the hypothetical game? I love the hypothetical game.
What if Utah's plane goes down?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What if AR gets suspended for the opener? How much does that change your prediction? Because I didn’t see anyone close to being a solid “next man up.”
Suspended for what?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Suspended for what?
I dunno... driving 105 mph? I've been away from Florida for a while, but is there a threshold for excessive speeds that will land you in jail? Did AR break that threshold?

To be clear, I'm not suggesting he should be suspended. However, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody (school officials, the media, etc) suggests some form of discipline is appropriate.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I dunno... driving 105 mph? I've been away from Florida for a while, but is there a threshold for excessive speeds that will land you in jail? Did AR break that threshold?

To be clear, I'm not suggesting he should be suspended. However, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody (school officials, the media, etc) suggests some form of discipline is appropriate.
If we suspend our starting QB for a speeding ticket, we should just shut down the program and move on.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I agree with this assessment. After watching them in person yesterday, this is a good Gator football team we have here. The coaches seem to actually know what they are doing, the kids are getting coached for once. It was refreshing.
Utah isn't going to be used to the crowd noise and the Florida humidity. We are going to run it down their throat. If AR is healthy and starting that day, forget it. Utah won't stand a chance. It'll probably be like a 31-14 spanking.
tenor.gif

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
If we suspend our starting QB for a speeding ticket, we should just shut down the program and move on.
If he played at FSUcks they'd present him with a jumbo bag of crab legs, a bottle of date rape pills and a tasteful garnet and gold lucite frame with little sparklies to mount his speeding citation for display.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Did I miss anything?? This was a speeding ticket, right?

Sure probably not a smart thing to do, but many of us have done so not smart things. Perhaps this gives him a second to think and go, hmmmm. From what I've been told he's a good "KID". He'll be ok and do the right thing and learn from it. I feel Thursday night told him where he stands with UF. And don't think for a second that Napier didn't get in his ear.

:bob: It's gonna be ok.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wow, we have lost our minds. Not even I saw this coming.
Sorry, didn't realize that asking questions would create a meltdown.

I saw "mandatory court hearing" in the article, which makes me think this might be treated like more than "just a speeding ticket." In other states I've lived in, 20-25 over the speed limit will get you thrown in jail. That's what got me thinking that maybe this could blow up bigger than we expect. But it might just be a big nothingburger.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, didn't realize that asking questions would create a meltdown.

I saw "mandatory court hearing" in the article, which makes me think this might be treated like more than "just a speeding ticket." In other states I've lived in, 20-25 over the speed limit will get you thrown in jail. That's what got me thinking that maybe this could blow up bigger than we expect. But it might just be a big nothingburger.
Too late....I'm going to have to let you go.

From what I understand this happened at least 10 days ago. If he was headed to jail, we would probably know about it by now.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Too late....I'm going to have to let you go.

From what I understand this happened at least 10 days ago. If he was headed to jail, we would probably know about it by now.
Well, it was fun while it lasted. You've been a wonderfully benevolent dictator here on the GCMB island of misfit toys. So many nutcases, including yourself have provided endless hours of entertainment. I laughed, I cried and I will truly miss everyone here!

Go Gators!!!

Let me go and see how long before you get a call from my lawyer!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
4) This is the least pissy I’ve been about UF football since Tebow left. I wish some of you would allow yourselves some optimism, that’s all. The Bama game this year showed what a huge home field advantage UF can still have. The crowds are going to be rocking next year. We may even have students show up again.
:pumper::pumper::pumper:welcome aboard grand poo bah. Boss should be along in a minute. We need the help. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.