Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Everyone can see you hitched your wagon full sale to this neanderthal and trashed anyone for a solid year who didn't sing his praises. We've had this convo before. Now that it's become pretty clear he's another complete dud you want to change the narrative from "i was wrong and now it's my turn to take some medicine" to "you guys just hope Florida sucks and celebrate when they do."

You are right about one thing tho. Hardly anyone gives a :kiffin: anymore and why should they? The UA, AD and coaches sure don't. And the fans, especially the serious ones, have almost nothing left in the tank. Anger is about the only thing left fueling them, but anger can be a pretty potent fuel.

Make it a pay site, boot folks who don't have positive outlooks, etc. It's your board.
Thankfully, like my Raptor, I've got a 36 gallon tank, but the "30 miles to empty" light is about to come on...

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Everyone can see you hitched your wagon full sale to this neanderthal and trashed anyone for a solid year who didn't sing his praises. We've had this convo before. Now that it's become pretty clear he's another complete dud you want to change the narrative from "i was wrong and now it's my turn to take some medicine" to "you guys just hope Florida sucks and celebrate when they do."

You are right about one thing tho. Hardly anyone gives a :kiffin: anymore and why should they? The UA, AD and coaches sure don't. And the fans, especially the serious ones, have almost nothing left in the tank. Anger is about the only thing left fueling them, but anger can be a pretty potent fuel.

Make it a pay site, boot folks who don't have positive outlooks, etc. It's your board.
You think that's fair, that Ox has been stifling speech, berating and banning members who criticized Napier? Wouldn't you think he has a vested interest in having HIS board be reasonable and not 100% negative? Some good things have happened(recruiting), which is half the battle. We have a new and legitimately promising DC who should sooner than later erase the memory of our extremely poor scheme from last season. That correction is significant. But who would have expected a HC, supposedly so detailed, to neglect STs so that it becomes such a handicap and embarrassment? STs always wins or loses a game or two every season. I would have thought Napier was not going to let that detail of such importance be left to chance. I would have thought he made sure we at least restore our defense to effectiveness and make sure our STs are buttoned up and execute at a high level. He did not. He embarrassed himself again and apparently doesn't realize it. That's scary. But who would have expected that? Now we see, in addition, his offense is ugly to look at, exasperating to watch, his plays are not effective, our OL could not block, and our strength from last year- the run game- would be essentially abandoned? We know what Napier was trying to do- show DJ and Smith that we were going to have a great pass offense. Well, that was a mistake because he made himself look silly, and destroyed a lot of faith others had in him. Well, enough of that. My point is, what's Ox supposed to do, be the board's leader in pessimism?

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
He doesn't see what we see, therefore, it won't be fixed.
BN is like

Star Trek GIF

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Thankfully, like my Raptor, I've got a 36 gallon tank, but the "30 miles to empty" light is about to come on...
I wait until the "on fumes" light comes on. When I unscrew the gas cap, I hear the vacuum "pop".

Not really. I'm one of those yahoos that keeps at least a half tank in case of nuclear war.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LOL. Y'all think our Defense did well.

I wouldn’t say great. Maybe not even good. But I did see players in position to make plays, not lost in space like the previous years. And most tackles were made, also an improvement. I think that, combined with the youth of many of the players, provides some hope. There weren’t 100 missed tackles or receivers running wide open all night. Even the opening play wasn’t so much a busted assignment. JM simply got beat and the S was late. It happens. And after that, they only really gave up one sustained TD drive the rest of the game. Again, to our standard? No. But an improvement from the complete garbage we’ve witnessed the last 3 seasons? Yes.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Ppl saying the defense played well are the same ones who said we are winning 9 games, the oline will be better, and mertz will be a stud. It's just wishful conjecture.

We were muschamp 2.0 Thursday night, and as such, the opponent treated us like muschamp 2.0 in the second half - lots of subs and super vanilla plays bc there's zero reason to do otherwise. We will see lots of "we won the second half" comments by pumpers this season while the final score is a double digit loss.

I was hoping we were past moral victory U and life champion status but it's clearly alive and well.
Mush's 2012 team would have shut this Ute team down He wouldn't have scored any more points but his defense would have crushed those 2 QB's.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They asked the question. IMO... Wrong answer.

Doesn't look like we got a very thorough answer based on how the question likely was framed.

But, jeez, has anyone ever tried that? It's got to be the most hands-on coordinator role in football. Can you imagine Zook coaching special teams from the press box, his head bouncing off the ceiling?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn’t say great. Maybe not even good. But I did see players in position to make plays, not lost in space like the previous years. And most tackles were made, also an improvement. I think that, combined with the youth of many of the players, provides some hope. There weren’t 100 missed tackles or receivers running wide open all night. Even the opening play wasn’t so much a busted assignment. JM simply got beat and the S was late. It happens. And after that, they only really gave up one sustained TD drive the rest of the game. Again, to our standard? No. But an improvement from the complete garbage we’ve witnessed the last 3 seasons? Yes.

The defense held Utah to 3/11 on 3rd downs.

'nuff said.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't look like we got a very thorough answer based on how the question likely was framed.

But, jeez, has anyone ever tried that? It's got to be the most hands-on coordinator role in football. Can you imagine Zook coaching special teams from the press box, his head bouncing off the ceiling?
The rationale for an analyst at STC is beyond me. What's to be gained by NOT having a SPOC on the field during games?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't read most of this. Here's the deal. I am a pre Spurrier fan. Before he was coach I went to a specialty news shop to read everything I could about the game from newspapers which weren't local. I let losses really screw up my Sundays. I've been through tough times with this team. But I don't let a loss ruin my Sunday's or my week anymore. I don't want to lose. But we've lost a lot and we'll lose again. I spend more time on this board reading about the losses than I do watching the game. I'm immune to losses and I'm still a fan. Bama went years without a decent coach after Bryant left. Lightening may strike again. It might not. I'm pretty sure I won't be around when it strikes. But I'll still be waiting.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My reply was to people thinking our defense did well. You yourself said we weren't great nor were we good. Sounds like we agree.

We are young. There were plenty of defenders running around in open space and missed assignments. I didn't see anything that suggested we have a better defensive coordinator but we do have talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.