Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n166228 said:
Not discounting the rankings in general. Just saying that you'll find a lot of 5* busts at OLine and DT. DE pass rushers are in a different category (almost a skill position), but run stopping DE's are also hard to project. Who is the last highly ranked DT that we've had perform here? For that matter who was that last highly ranked OLineman to perform here? The last highly ranked DT I can think of is Gerrard Warren and I can't think of the last OLineman that was highly ranked. Wilson did well his last year but that was it. Humphries has been average. I'm not try to piss and moan, I really can't think of one off the top of my head.

EDIT: I completely agree with you on skill players and rankings. LB's seem to be a mixed bag, but seem to have more hits than misses

Floyd was an absolute STUD!!!

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/florida-gators-five-star-recruits-history-review-020215

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: Four-star ATH Javarius Davis announces his decision Wednesday at noon. Visited #Auburn, #Louisville & #UF this month. My prediciton: #Gators

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n166352 said:
@LukeStampini: D'Anfernee McGriff no longer committed to Auburn http://florida.247sports.com/Board/1...uburn-35296300 via @247Sports

D'Anfernee??? I guess if you can't make up your mind between a few names you might as well throw 'em all together.

Reminds me of this....watch til the end.

[video=youtube;gODZzSOelss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss[/video]

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hoping we reel in Scarlet. Anxious for 7 to get here.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You know what I like about this group so far? Not a single smurf in sight. The closest thing is Dillon and he's almost certainly a flip. These guys are all 6' 1" and bigger. The game has changed and it's a lot harder to win with speed and athleticism alone. Just ask Oregon and Look at Meyer's pOSU championship team compared to even his UF teams. I'll take late blooming big mofo's to polished 4* 5'11 guys (which means they're really 5'9"). Like they say, you can't coach height.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: Tyler Jordan always recruiting RT @tyjordan58: My boy @Dmcgriff1 needs to slide over to #UF

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n166348 said:
@LukeStampini: If Florida adds Top247 RB Jordan Scarlett tonight, their class will jump from No. 60 to No. 45 http://florida.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits/Preview #UF #Gators

If they keep following their script we may have our first 5 star as I think they have changed a couple of our 3 stars to 4 stars right after we signed them. I think its 24/7 that has been doing that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n166368 said:
If they keep following their script we may have our first 5 star as I think they have changed a couple of our 3 stars to 4 stars right after we signed them. I think its 24/7 that has been doing that.

Yeah, I don't get that at all. Rivals or bust.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n166377 said:
Yeah, I don't get that at all. Rivals or bust.

I guess it does give us a better number to throw out there at least. Usually the services wouldn't change ratings this close to signing day. I mostly look at Rivals ratings also more than the others.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With all of the chicken littles ceaselessly chicken littling over the past few weeks, the meltdown on this board will be epic if we don't get Scarlett Johannson.

That said, the kid looks like a beast. We need depth and nastiness in the backfield. I hope he joins us.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@LukeStampini: So is FS Florida just going to post a video of Jordan Scarlett's announcement on their site? No live stream. @KavitaChanne @SunSportsFOXFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.