Not open for further replies.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n171162 said:
everyone is asking why the mom can't just sign it and be done. i'm telling you, ol' leo waited until everyone was partying at the bar-b-que and swiped the letter. she can't sign it if she doesn't know where it is. this sort of thing has happened before.
Take him a new one. Hell, they're in macclenny.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"I know exactly why. I have a brother in prison. I have two sisters, they graduated high school, but I’ll be the first one of her kids to attend college, a university. So I know where that emotion comes from. It was kind of hard for me not to cry, but I stayed strong, I knew there was too many people watching. I’m just happy for my parents. I’m just happy I can let them experience this."
"That’s pretty cool. I’m right here in the yard announcing where I’m going to college and she’s crying like I’m about to go to war or something, so I can only imagine how she’d be feeling if I went nine hours, six hours down the road. That was big for me and her. My dad, he takes care of himself. Leo’s Leo."

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gator1946;n171129 said:
You weren't the only one. I don't see what a caravan was going to do. If daddy won't sign, daddy won't sign. What are the coaches supposed to do, put the guy in a choke hold and put a pen in his hand?

Maybe. But let me paint a picture for you.

All of Baker county is partying it up. There's a huge celebration going on for Ce Ce and the home town folks are so pumped their home town hero is staying near by and playing for their team. There is the smell of BBQ in the air, folks are walking aroundd with their solo cups...stopping to grip the rim of the cup with their teeth so they can Gator Chomp at CeCe as he walks by.

Suddenly the music is lowered and hundreds of head all turn in unison as a caravan of Tahoe's from The University of Florida rolls up to the party. GATOR representatives, clad in orange and blue step out of the vehicles. They're Gator chomping like mad men, hugging Ce Ce, greeting the town folk and slapping Dad on the back, congratulating him on what a fine job he's done with his son and pledging yet again that they're gonna treat him like family in Gainesville.

National Champion Chris Leak and recruiting coordinator, Drew Hughs say, "Hey, we wanna stay here and celebrate with you some more if you'll have us, but we'd love to go ahead and get that copy of the LOI so we can scan it and fax it in to Coach Mac. He's waiting by the machine as we speak and can't wait to be able to officially announce your son in public to the media..." etc. etc.

Alright, the picture has been painted. Dad is standing there in front of all the town folk, been welcomed into Gator Nation and congratulated by a slew of Gator representatives who just rolled into town. That'd be a bit overwhelming don't you think? You think we're in the same boat today or do you think Dad coughs up that signature and sheet of paper right there on the spot?

To be clear, I'm not blaming anyone for this but the Dad. I'm just saying, I was wishing last night they'd do something like this. I bet right about now they are wishing they had too.
  • Edit
  • Flag
  • Like 0

Comment

Type your comment here CancelPost

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
gator1946;n171155 said:
So Georgia's OK? Terrible parenting. :headshake:

I sure as hell wouldn't be happy, but I am from Stockbridge which is about 30 minutes south of Atlanta. We would have to stomach it because he would be within an hour of my sister, parents, and 10 minutes from my uncle to look after him and would feel better about there then some other places.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n171162 said:
everyone is asking why the mom can't just sign it and be done. i'm telling you, ol' leo waited until everyone was partying at the bar-b-que and swiped the letter. she can't sign it if she doesn't know where it is. this sort of thing has happened before.

I'm sure Mac wouldn't mind sending her another one personally. I'm sure there's an extra copy of one in a file cabinet or laying around the office somewhere......

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
gatormandan;n171163 said:
So why not create a new one?

I think they're flummoxed and afraid to get between a parent and child. Pushing another letter over there would probably make things worse and that's likely where they're at.

On the other hand, despite Tyson's comments to the contrary, maybe Jefferson didn't know about UF losing Williams and only heard it whispered yesterday after he committed. That scenario lends smoke to Dooley's assertion that Mac is not a straight shooter.

Still, most of the evidence points to a selfish parent if you follow dad's statements.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Read this on another board:

CeCe's dad told Mike Farrell, National Recruiting Director with Rivals.com the following:

Ok, Leo, CeCe's dad, called me and explained what's going on. I'll put it in bullet points to be as direct as I can....

-- Leo Jefferson is not refusing to sign his son's LOI

-- CeCe himself is not ready to sign and told his father that yesterday after his announcement.

-- Leo said that if CeCe said to sign and fax the letter to Florida, it would be signed and sent right now.

-- The Jefferson's found out that coach Williams was headed to the NFL from other coaches recruiting him because coach McElwain was calling around looking for a defensive line coach for a week. The Florida staff never told the Jeffersons Williams was leaving. They don't know coach Rumph at all.

-- Leo said that the in home visit with coach McElwain was rushed, they stayed for an hour and rushed out the door to see a 2016 prospect and only talked about the new dorms and the new facilities on the visit. The visit paled in comparison to the other in home visits.

-- Leo is a Gators fan he says, CeCe considers Florida his dream school but neither feels good about the staff or the changes at DL coach. Leo's wife doesn't want him to go to Florida and both parents felt CeCe should go away from home to grow up and get away from all the Gators fans in Baker County and his friends that might distract him. But he made it clear that if CeCe wants to go to Florida, they are on board.

-- Leo mentioned some concern about Foley being involved in the firing of assistant coaches and how involved he is in the program and that McElwain won't have the power at Florida that Saban, Freeze, Malzahn, Les Miles and others have at their schools.

-- He wouldn't tell me what school he and his wife preferred for CeCe.

-- He said the coaches at Florida wanted the letter signed by 8:30AM this morning so they could go on vacation. He said the only head coach of all the ones recruiting him that hasn't called as of 1PM ET is McElwain. Coaches from schools CeCe wasn't listing as finalists have all called but Florida has not called him.

-- He said he doesn't need his "ass kissed" but the staff should have considered being honest with them about the DL coach change and they haven't pursued CeCe nearly as hard as others and he's not sure why.

-- Finally he said "they aren't going on vacation anytime soon because we're not sending that letter".

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n171173 said:
I think they're flummoxed and afraid to get between a parent and child. Pushing another letter over there would probably make things worse and that's likely where they're at.

On the other hand, despite Tyson's comments to the contrary, maybe Jefferson didn't know about UF losing Williams and only heard it whispered yesterday after he committed. That scenario lends smoke to Dooley's assertion that Mac is not a straight shooter.

Still, most of the evidence points to a selfish parent if you follow dad's statements.

When did Dooley assert this?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n171173 said:

Still, most of the evidence points to a selfish parent if you follow dad's statements

I'm more likely to lend credence to the Dad's own words than I am to Dooley's assertions. Dooley can suck it!

* BTW, this same thing happened with a DC in Meyer's last year. I know it sucks but this kind of thing happens. The kids feel hurt and betrayed. I know I would. At the same time let's say the DL coach comes to you two days or even a week before NSD and says, I'm leaving. What do you do? I don't know.

You owe it to the kids to tell'em the truth. But you also owe it to your employer and it's millions of fans and supporters to be the best you can be. Do you go tell them on the eve of NSD the coach is leaving day after tomorrow and rick losing your entire DL class. I mean, it sucks. But what do you do? You do the right thing and tell them. Great. But then what happens if you suffer on the field next year and the following year because of it. It hurts the whole team and all the fans. I mean...it's a crappy predicament to be in.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
I smell so much bull**** on the whole Vacation thing. Sounds like sour grapes to me. Why would Mac and co be prepping for vacation when they know they need to lock down a new D line coach? doesn't make any sense. Additionally I really hope we don't lose on the D line coach because rumors got out he was accepting (like the Oregon WR coach)

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So CeCe and his mom feel that UF is the best, yet his father says CeCe's mom doesn't want him at UF?

"I know exactly why. I have a brother in prison. I have two sisters, they graduated high school, but I’ll be the first one of her kids to attend college, a university. So I know where that emotion comes from. It was kind of hard for me not to cry, but I stayed strong, I knew there was too many people watching. I’m just happy for my parents. I’m just happy I can let them experience this."
"That’s pretty cool. I’m right here in the yard announcing where I’m going to college and she’s crying like I’m about to go to war or something, so I can only imagine how she’d be feeling if I went nine hours, six hours down the road. That was big for me and her. My dad, he takes care of himself. Leo’s Leo."

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
My opinion was if it was truly Cece who is upset about all of this then he would publicly say he is rethinking his decision. Until words come out of his own mouth and not his dad being a spokesman for him I don't believe a thing. This sounds like a guy trying to cover his trail and the kid is taking the punishment for it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n171191 said:
Do you think this is true? Why would the coaches not tell them about this?

Is this a widespread perception about Foley?

SOUNDS LIKE SOME BULL SH!T FROM A RIVAL COACH.....ONE RECENTLY FIRED BY FOLEY.

Who the hell else do you think they got that from? I mean, really??? We've never heard this kind of assertion about Foley. Now all of a sudden it's a point of consideration...I'd bet my left nut it came from Muschamp! Geezze...to think I once was pulling for him to turn it around. I'm starting to hate that phucer more and more with each passing second.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
CeCe's dad told Mike Farrell, National Recruiting Director with Rivals.com the following:

Ok, Leo, CeCe's dad, called me and explained what's going on. I'll put it in bullet points to be as direct as I can....

-- Leo Jefferson is not refusing to sign his son's LOI

-- CeCe himself is not ready to sign and told his father that yesterday after his announcement.

-- Leo said that if CeCe said to sign and fax the letter to Florida, it would be signed and sent right now.

-- The Jefferson's found out that coach Williams was headed to the NFL from other coaches recruiting him because coach McElwain was calling around looking for a defensive line coach for a week. The Florida staff never told the Jeffersons Williams was leaving. They don't know coach Rumph at all.

-- Leo said that the in home visit with coach McElwain was rushed, they stayed for an hour and rushed out the door to see a 2016 prospect and only talked about the new dorms and the new facilities on the visit. The visit paled in comparison to the other in home visits.

-- Leo is a Gators fan he says, CeCe considers Florida his dream school but neither feels good about the staff or the changes at DL coach. Leo's wife doesn't want him to go to Florida and both parents felt CeCe should go away from home to grow up and get away from all the Gators fans in Baker County and his friends that might distract him. But he made it clear that if CeCe wants to go to Florida, they are on board.

-- Leo mentioned some concern about Foley being involved in the firing of assistant coaches and how involved he is in the program and that McElwain won't have the power at Florida that Saban, Freeze, Malzahn, Les Miles and others have at their schools.

-- He wouldn't tell me what school he and his wife preferred for CeCe.

-- He said the coaches at Florida wanted the letter signed by 8:30AM this morning so they could go on vacation. He said the only head coach of all the ones recruiting him that hasn't called as of 1PM ET is McElwain. Coaches from schools CeCe wasn't listing as finalists have all called but Florida has not called him.

-- He said he doesn't need his "ass kissed" but the staff should have considered being honest with them about the DL coach change and they haven't pursued CeCe nearly as hard as others and he's not sure why.

-- Finally he said "they aren't going on vacation anytime soon because we're not sending that letter".

A lot of BS here. Dad says he isn't refusing to sign the letter but is on record to other sources saying he is refusing.

Dad says he doesn't need his ass kissed but then complains that UF staff visit "paled" in comparison to other visits.

Dad claims mom doesn't want CeCe going to UF either, directly contradicting what CeCe said about his mother's own feelings towards UF.

This is all terrible no matter who is at fault. I think we lose this kid.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
From Cece: my mom wanted me to stay close to home

From Leo: we want him to go to a school further from home to grow up

Hmmmm......

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
I figured something silly would happen as soon as I heard the letter would not be faxed until the am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.