Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n171266 said:
So does the mom NOT want Cece to got to Florida or does she want Cece to go to Florida? We are hearing different stories.

Ce Ce's own words were that Mom wanted him close to home. I'd believe THAT story over the concocted BS drummed up by his interfering dad. "Leo's gonna take care of Leo". Which story do you think is more reliable?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
MidwestChomp;n171235 said:
"Leo mentioned some concern about Foley being involved in the firing of assistant coaches and how involved he is in the program and that McElwain won't have the power at Florida that Saban, Freeze, Malzahn, Les Miles and others have at their schools."

Why would a parent care about this? Excuse after Excuse.

If I were to guess, I'd say it probably stems from a paunchy little hick with a 1989 hair style whispering such lies to the father out of spite for being called out on his failures in life.

Pure speculation though.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
-- Leo mentioned some concern about Foley being involved in the firing of assistant coaches and how involved he is in the program and that McElwain won't have the power at Florida that Saban, Freeze, Malzahn, Les Miles and others have at their schools.

If this is even remotely true then Foley has run his course. Let's get some new blood. I've heard some real horror stories of late from the HBC office to crap like this.

I know Foley walks on water but even the best of the best get to the end. The garbage of the last five years has Foley written all over it.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
"Leo mentioned some concern about Foley being involved in the firing of assistant coaches and how involved he is in the program and that McElwain won't have the power at Florida that Saban, Freeze, Malzahn, Les Miles and others have at their schools."

More like lie after lie! His dad was happy as hell yesterday at the announcement but now all the sudden he's pissed? Yeah right! He got a phone call or had a meeting with either Ole miss/Auburn and someone had a duffle bag full of $. It's that simple.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
GatorFin;n171271 said:
Another thing. If The parent's knew that coach ****wad was leaving for miami why wouldn't they bring this up to caoch mac? They sure looked excited when he made his commitment. It honestly must be the dad trying to save his ass.

This is my guess. And now that all this info is out he's looking more and more like an a**hat. He'll cave otherwise Baker county will come after him with pitchforks.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
On a side note that Baker County beat writer just got himself the story of a lifetime when it comes to covering high school sports.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n171280 said:
-- Leo mentioned some concern about Foley being involved in the firing of assistant coaches and how involved he is in the program and that McElwain won't have the power at Florida that Saban, Freeze, Malzahn, Les Miles and others have at their schools.

If this is even remotely true then Foley has run his course. Let's get some new blood. I've heard some real horror stories of late from the HBC office to crap like this.

I know Foley walks on water but even the best of the best get to the end. The garbage of the last five years has Foley written all over it.

T, it's ********. Who do you think that information came from? We've NEVER heard anything remotely close to this ever before. This little tidbit came from ONE source. One whom was recently FIRED BY FOLEY.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
T REX;n171280 said:

Ok but actually think about the statement for a second. When was the last time an assistant coach was let go from us where you were really upset by it and or it didn't make sense for the future of the program??

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n171280 said:

T, this is what I said about that earlier.

Who the hell else do you think they got that from? I mean, really??? We've never heard this kind of assertion about Foley. Now all of a sudden it's a point of consideration...I'd bet my left nut it came from Muschamp! Geezze...to think I once was pulling for him to turn it around. I'm starting to hate that phucer more and more with each passing second.

I especially want to reiterate the part about hating Muschamp.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
UPDATE 2:56pm: Finally, a bit of good news regarding Cece Jefferson. He originally planned on sending in his LOI this morning, but he never set that in stone. Good thing, because as you may have heard, his parents are refusing to sign his LOI. But now reports are flying from several news outlets that Cece knew about the coaching change at the DL position before yesterday. He committed to a school, the University of Florida, and not a coach. And now the best part: he is NOT wavering on his commitment to Florida.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
LagoonGator68;n171233 said:
Please provide a link where Dooley asserts this if you don't mind.
Thank you.

Pat Dooley's "Dooley Noted Podcast" from 1/13/15 in his '3 Final Things' segment that aired after the supposed hiring of Oregon's WR coach went south. I'm no big fan of Dooley and will withhold my judgement of Mac on this sort of issue but this was Pat's sentiments at the time and people got on Dooley because they felt he was miffed at not getting the red carpet treatment.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dooley-noted/id557578917?mt=2

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n171296 said:
T, it's ********. Who do you think that information came from? We've NEVER heard anything remotely close to this ever before. This little tidbit came from ONE source. One whom was recently FIRED BY FOLEY.

Fair enough...if he's meddling at all he needs to get gone. I have a strong feeling his ego has really gotten big and it's effected the program and his decision making.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone else notice that CeCe calls his dad Leo? I've never called my dad by his first name, and I'm sure I did, I'd promptly be put in my place. Sounds like a dad who doesn't have his son's respect and there may be good reason.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n171313 said:
Anyone else notice that CeCe calls his dad Leo? I've never called my dad by his first name, and I'm sure I did, I'd promptly be put in my place. Sounds like a dad who doesn't have his son's respect and there may be good reason.

I have a friend that calls his dad by his first name and he respects the hell out him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator