Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Martez ivey ‏@tezivey 4m4 minutes ago
Florida today
1f40a.png

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
GatorTAG;n157830 said:
While we're worrying about how big a fish we land keep this in mind.
Heath Webb ‏@CoachHeathWebb 11h11 hours ago
So how many 0, 1, 2 Star recruits will be starting in Super Bowl? 20+! The "experts" don't know as much as they think they do!

Heath Webb ‏@CoachHeathWebb 12h12 hours ago
Guess how many 5 star recruits will be starting the Super Bowl? ZERO!

Hilarious! We have been going about recruiting all wrong! But it is still very interesting. Guess the super bowl is comprised of mostly 3 and 4 star players?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, if we could sift through 10,000 or so 2 or 3 star recruits after seeing them play college for four years and maybe NFL for a few just getting those guys would be a great plan. NE does it exceptionally well.

What he should look at is how many of the teams with the top recruiting classes that last four years were in the NCAA playoffs. We know how Trailerbammer, Esophageyes, Clown Town and Oreygun have done. I would think they would be four of the top five.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n157837 said:
Yes, if we could sift through 10,000 or so 2 or 3 star recruits after seeing them play college for four years and maybe NFL for a few just getting those guys would be a great plan. NE does it exceptionally well.

What he should look at is how many of the teams with the top recruiting classes that last four years were in the NCAA playoffs. We know how Trailerbammer, Esophageyes, Clown Town and Oreygun have done. I would think they would be four of the top five.

Oregon seems to be the exception only once having a top 10 class (#9) the last 4 years according to Rivals. Us and Texas are kind of exceptions the other way having some nice classes but not much success.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n157837 said:

Shhhh!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n157841 said:
Us and Texas are kind of exceptions the other way having some nice classes but not much success.

It's amazing what Dawgshiiit can do to a program.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n157845 said:
It's amazing what Dawgshiiit can do to a program.

The ranking services need to have an adjustment that deals with having all DBs and hardly any OL in your classes.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n157841 said:
Us and Texas are kind of exceptions the other way having some nice classes but not much success.

Let's hope we traded the best coach at getting less from more for the best coach at getting more from less.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n157855 said:
I am just praying that we pull a miracle. Its amazing we are still in contention with the big boys. The coaches this weekend should wear placards of the depth charts.

I have a good feeling about this weekend with us having all those top guys there at the same time. I am feeling better about us ending up with a good recruiting class.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Steven Clark. @DerekTysonESPN: RT “@SLClark7250: Floridas treating me nice”

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n157868 said:
Steven Clark. @DerekTysonESPN: RT “@SLClark7250: Floridas treating me nice”

We absolutely should be able to land this much needed interior o-lineman. It's us and Syracuse for a kid from Alabama.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n157866 said:
I have a good feeling about this weekend with us having all those top guys there at the same time. I am feeling better about us ending up with a good recruiting class.

I'm getting there, but we have to have some actual commits out of this weekend. Jordan Cronkite, Rayshad Jackson, Jabari Zuniga are on commit watch this weekend and Monday. Hoping these guys pull the trigger.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n157873 said:
I'm getting there, but we have to have some actual commits out of this weekend. Jordan Cronkite, Rayshad Jackson, Jabari Zuniga are on commit watch this weekend and Monday. Hoping these guys pull the trigger.

Is Ivey saying he is waiting for NSD like Cowart and them?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n157876 said:
Is Ivey saying he is waiting for NSD like Cowart and them?

yes, I've read that Ivey announces at noon on signing day. Cowart announces at 9am. All subject to change of course.

G

gator36

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not an insider or anything of that nature but did hear something that may be considered pretty good news in regard to Ivey. He has a mentor in Apopka, FL that has stated that it was between Auburn and Florida and that he is going to go to Florida. This mentor is a die hard Ohio fan so no bias on the statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.