Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKCELL

Dec 1, 2014
Proof of a total rebuild, Mac will head the ship in the right direction. We will pay this year and continually move towards Greatness! The Cancer has been removed and we are on the mend. Go Gators!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
PatDooleySucks;n156337 said:
I just can't believe that when he gave chump the extension there weren't clauses in the contract about working in the SE or having his salary at a new school count against what he's owed here.

I believe the way it works is that whatever his salary at any job, it counts as part of what we owe him. So, if we owed $6m and his new salary was $1m, we'd only have to be paying him the balance of $5m. Same for assistant coaches.

Ha....the point about fan bashing someone besides Meyer, I think you're right in that Muschamp will own the UF Fan Hate award for a few years to come. Less stress on Meyer's heart, I'm sure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:smh: Fooley likes the direction of the program. We'll probably offer, then he'll commit to Vandy or Kintucky.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n156418 said:
I believe the way it works is that whatever his salary at any job, it counts as part of what we owe him. So, if we owed $6m and his new salary was $1m, we'd only have to be paying him the balance of $5m. Same for assistant coaches.

Ha....the point about fan bashing someone besides Meyer, I think you're right in that Muschamp will own the UF Fan Hate award for a few years to come. Less stress on Meyer's heart, I'm sure.

Foley DID not put the off-setting salary clause in WM's contract. He gets the whole amount no matter what. Foley was bent over on this deal. It sucked as bad as Muschamp did. The program is where it is at because of Foley.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals just made Deondre Francois the #1 rated dual threat qb. Still a 4*. He's smaller than I expected.... 6'-0" 191lbs according to them.

247 has him as the #3 pro style qb.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n156447 said:
:smh: Fooley likes the direction of the program. We'll probably offer, then he'll commit to Vandy or Kintucky.

You say you are not a pessimist but only objective, but how is these posts about players will probably choose Vandy or Kentucky over us considered to be anything but negative?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n156418 said:

Foley said that Muschamp didn't have a mitigation clause. We owe him the entire portion no matter how much he makes. The assistants are different.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n156449 said:
Rivals just made Deondre Francois the #1 rated dual threat qb. Still a 4*. He's smaller than I expected.... 6'-0" 191lbs according to them.

247 has him as the #3 pro style qb.

I think Francois or Lamar Jackson will be in this class when it's all said and done.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't we see some kind of comment before the bowl game from coach Mac about Treon's height being an issue for him? This french named dude is only 6'? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless he thinks this dude is really superior talent wise over Treon.:dunno:

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
I like them both...just watached Lamar Jackson's video and that guy is unreal! I saw where Petrino tried to lock him up last night with a visit.

Dec 10, 2014
T REX;n156448 said:
Foley DID not put the off-setting salary clause in WM's contract. He gets the whole amount no matter what. Foley was bent over on this deal. It sucked as bad as Muschamp did. The program is where it is at because of Foley.

Beat me to it. I thought the same thing TLB. I was astounded that he didn't have an offset clause. It's nauseating. Chump gets to have our money and crap down our throats on the recruiting trail. I wish some of the parents or a big-time recruit would be like "isn't the program in that condition bc of you?"

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n156457 said:
Didn't we see some kind of comment before the bowl game from coach Mac about Treon's height being an issue for him? This french named dude is only 6'? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless he thinks this dude is really superior talent wise over Treon.:dunno:

6' is doable, see Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, even Rex Grossman and Chris Leak. All those guys are in the 6'0" range and can/could sling it around. Then there's Treon, who looks to me to be about 5'8"-5'9". He's at least two inches shorter than Kelvin Taylor and Taylor is 5'11".

Dec 10, 2014
oxrageous;n156243 said:
I didn't like the Muschamp hire but I understood it. What I didn't understand was the commitment to him. Watching a coach get a huge buyout WHILE recruiting against the school he destroyed is something that I can't even stomach at this point. Are you freaking trying to tell me they couldn't have kept him from taking an SEC job? The contract situation blows my mind. Muschamp's agent had Jeremy Foley for lunch.

Ox,

If it makes you feel better (it won't). I did some research and firing somebody would almost always void their work-restriction clause. I had been hung up on that too, but I don't think Foley or our lawyers could have done much with it.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN rivals and 247 have Francois between 6-0 and 6-2 fwiw.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
By looking at their tapes, it appears that Francois may be a more polished passer that stays in the pocket a little more than Jackson. Jackson looks to be a little more raw as a passer but looks to have a huge arm with the deep ball. Jackson looks to be more of dual threat and is super elusive...awesome athlete with huge upside. Would love to have either

Dec 10, 2014
The Original DC;n156466 said:
Silly me, talking about recruiting in the Foley-bashing thread. I'll stay on topic, y'all. :)

Touche sir.

All threads devolve, but these threads devolve moreso because the painful truth is there's not a lot to talk about ... Resentment from that breeds contempt. Contempt is directed at the deserving parties. But yeah. Maybe we can scrutinize some tweets from analysts and recruits more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.