Status
Not open for further replies.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n165827 said:
Ivey, Cowart, Cece, Scarlett, Cronkrite, Ryan Davis = :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:

I love your optimism and I hope you are correct.

Dec 10, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n165827 said:
Ivey, Cowart, Cece, Scarlett, Cronkrite, Ryan Davis = :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:

While it is unlikely for that scenario to happen, it's crazy to think that if it did we would have a consensus top ten class. From 100 to 10 ...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n165692 said:
How could you possibly "like" getting a raw athlete? The odds are against any recruit to be a D1, impact player. The odds against a project player are infinitely worse. I remember everyone was so ecstatic for Bobby McCray as a recruit and a "raw" athlete. Never amounted to anything.

Alex McCallister was a project. He looked pretty good this year and looks to have a breakout season in 2015. If the coaches are good evaluators of talent they can pick the right "projects".

That being said, I'd rather fill up with players like Jefferson and Cowart all day long and only take a project here or there. But we have to face the reality of where we are right now. We're gonna have to take what's available and hope and pray the coaches can coach them up. Coaches are gonna be forced to take last weeks leftovers and somehow cook up a meal that will satisfy the palates of Gator Nation. A tall order to be sure!

Needless to say, unless we get some unexpected surprises we will not be leaning on many from this years class for next season (except maybe OL, which is scary as hell).

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, if UF lands the 4 committing tonight, they'll leap to 38th in the 247 rankings, not certain on Rivals, probably 40-something there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n165831 said:
While it is unlikely for that scenario to happen, it's crazy to think that if it did we would have a consensus top ten class. From 100 to 10 ...

I am not sure where we will end up. I was really surprised to see how many 4 stars on Rivals teams have that are in the 20-30 area right now. Its going to be hard to get in the top 20 now unless things really fall just right. Needs matter more but its hard to believe we could have a class in the 30's possibly.

Dec 10, 2014
Alagator;n165834 said:
Alex McCallister was a project. He looked pretty good this year and looks to have a breakout season in 2015. If the coaches are good evaluators of talent they can pick the right "projects".

That being said, I'd rather fill up with players like Jefferson and Cowart all day long and only take a project here or there. But we have to face the reality of where we are right now. We're gonna have to take what's available and hope and pray the coaches can coach them up. Coaches are gonna be forced to take last weeks leftovers and somehow cook up a meal that will satisfy the palates of Gator Nation. A tall order to be sure!

Needless to say, unless we get some unexpected surprises we will not be leaning on many from this years class for next season (except maybe OL, which is scary as hell).

Your avatar always weird me out. I guess mine is probably worse though ...

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015

Gator history has sort of made me pretty pessimistic so I have not been expecting too much from this years class, but oh lord jeebus is it exciting to think of this scenario!! :stars:

PS - Thanks to Gatorchatter for the birthday wishes! It was just a few weeks early. :wink:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TNgator20;n165842 said:
I have Scarlett Fever!!!! We need this dude to commit to the good guys tonight! :cool:

He's a big-timer for sure and would start the domino effect. He'd be the most electric, game-breaking offensive addition since the Percy/Rainey/Demps days.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It would be crazy but hearing great things...worst case scenario we go 4/6 as Cowart and Scarlett are the 2 main ones that i think could get away. Feel real solid on Ivey/Cece/Davis/Cronkrite.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n165840 said:
Your avatar always weird me out. I guess mine is probably worse though ...

Yours is profane. Can't believe they allow that kind of profanity on this board. What has this world come to?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
My conspiracy theory. If Scarlett announces he's a Gator tonight then the big NSD coup isn't going to happen because I think he would be part of it. For that reason I think (hope) he's a Nole tonight.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n165750 said:
Uh. I didn't expect much. I never said I did. I'm just not going to delude myself. One class certainly doesn't break a program but it sets it back a couple years.
I disagree ,look at the rankings from our previous years and next year. One bad class every 4 years doesn't set us back.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n165851 said:
My conspiracy theory. If Scarlett announces he's a Gator tonight then the big NSD coup isn't going to happen because I think he would be part of it. For that reason I think (hope) he's a Nole tonight.

**** no! We want Scarlett tonight. We'll figure out the rest later. Can't believe you want that guy, with that talent, choosing FSU over UF for any reason.

:crazy: :headscratch:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n165851 said:
Tag, that's retarded. We don't have a rb like this kid on the roster. There is no signing conspiracy bruh. If anything this would help with signing day.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
GatorTAG;n165851 said:

I have had a good feeling about Scarlett but the whole de-committing at FSU kinda has me worried. The criminoles have ALOT of depth at RB though. That clutchlikemj dude had some tweets that made me feel like he would come to the good guys though! 7:00 can't get here fast enough...I just hope im not getting my hopes for nothing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n165854 said:
I disagree ,look at the rankings from our previous years and next year. One bad class every 4 years doesn't set us back.

That sounds like Muschamp talking about not getting any OL saying one year didn't mean much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator