***Official UF vs FSUCKS Game Thread***

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
For those who think FSU should have just run out the clock and not tried to score, get over it. We would have done the same and rightfully so.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
At the risk of sounding like a Sunday morning QB, I didn't think we should have gone for it on 4th and 2 from the FSU 20. In a game like this you're going to need your FG kicker at some point, even if he has struggled. If you're not comfortable going for a 37 yarder, you are really giving FSU's defense a huge advantage. If they know we can't pass well and if they know that we won't be attempting FGs unless we are somewhere around the 15 yard line or closer, then basically all they need to do is stop the run inside the 40 yard line and keep the WRs in front of them. It's tough to win when you surrender the field between the 20 and 35 yard line. I know we attempted a FG at the end of the first half but by then the damage was done. The other thing is why not try to get your kicker some confidence from 37 yards rather than throwing him in for his first attempt from 51 yards out. Trying from 51 yards when you were afraid to try from 37 earlier in the game seems illogical and going for it on 4th down in the first quarter just seemed desperate to me.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's not getting better anytime soon either. Fsu is gonna keep the state recruiting and theyre gonna be even better next year. This is embarrassing. Next year could be even worse. If a bunch of juniors leave and mac sticks with treon it's going to be very ugly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not getting better anytime soon either. Fsu is gonna keep the state recruiting and theyre gonna be even better next year. This is embarrassing. Next year could be even worse. If a bunch of juniors leave and mac sticks with treon it's going to be very ugly.
Obviously Grier screwed himself and his school with his stupidity. Apparently he and Hardin are more concerned about getting wasted and screwing chicks than playing football.

However, it is getting better. We get McCoy and another year in the weightroom for the rest of the OL. We will have Del Rio available if he doesn't win the position in the spring. We will have two power backs (the Juco and hopefully McGriff). We will have another year for the Jordans to be ready (and hopefully pickup pass pro and ball security). I expect us to find a kicker no matter what it takes.

There is some concern over this second class. There are no Tebows, Harvins and Spikes in this class. There are no Wuerffels, Hilliards or Anthonys. This staff has a long way to go to prove they can recruit anything other than three star leftovers. They should be taking advantage of "the future is bright" mantra but they aren't.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
At the risk of sounding like a Sunday morning QB, I didn't think we should have gone for it on 4th and 2 from the FSU 20. In a game like this you're going to need your FG kicker at some point, even if he has struggled. If you're not comfortable going for a 37 yarder, you are really giving FSU's defense a huge advantage. If they know we can't pass well and if they know that we won't be attempting FGs unless we are somewhere around the 15 yard line or closer, then basically all they need to do is stop the run inside the 40 yard line and keep the WRs in front of them. It's tough to win when you surrender the field between the 20 and 35 yard line. I know we attempted a FG at the end of the first half but by then the damage was done. The other thing is why not try to get your kicker some confidence from 37 yards rather than throwing him in for his first attempt from 51 yards out. Trying from 51 yards when you were afraid to try from 37 earlier in the game seems illogical and going for it on 4th down in the first quarter just seemed desperate to me.

While I did not agree with any suggestion that FSU was out of line for 'running up the score' at all (previous post), I do however agree with most all of this.
Especially the bolded part above. I will recall the UF v Louisville Sugarbowl game. WM went for it in a similar situation right before the half. It was an admission and acknowledgement that our goose was cooked.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Obviously Grier screwed himself and his school with his stupidity. Apparently he and Hardin are more concerned about getting wasted and screwing chicks than playing football, and Treon is more concerned about getting high than working to be the best QB he can be.

FIFY

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will you freakin jump already

:suicide2:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Obviously Grier screwed himself and his school with his stupidity. Apparently he and Hardin are more concerned about getting wasted and screwing chicks than playing football.

However, it is getting better. We get McCoy and another year in the weightroom for the rest of the OL. We will have Del Rio available if he doesn't win the position in the spring. We will have two power backs (the Juco and hopefully McGriff). We will have another year for the Jordans to be ready (and hopefully pickup pass pro and ball security). I expect us to find a kicker no matter what it takes.

There is some concern over this second class. There are no Tebows, Harvins and Spikes in this class. There are no Wuerffels, Hilliards or Anthonys. This staff has a long way to go to prove they can recruit anything other than three star leftovers. They should be taking advantage of "the future is bright" mantra but they aren't.

300.00?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have already jumped! The problem is I live in a 1story house , so the damage was pretty minimal. Depressing, i suck at suicide too.
Surely you have a knife. Up and down the river not across the railroad tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator