Oklahoma goes down, paving the way for UF in the playoff

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Oklahoma going down definitely opens the door for 2 sec teams. The loser of the bama lsu game could possibly get the 4th spot. I personally think if Oklahoma or Oregon win out , one of them should get in. It should look like sec champ,osu, Clemson and 1 loss conference champ. I hope they don't reward a sec team for not making their conference championship game. Now if those guys out west have 2 losses then the 1loss sec team with no championship game appearance should get in.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Baylor gets OU and Texas on back to back weeks at home with a tough road game at TCU before. I wouldn't sleep on them.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Baylor gets OU and Texas on back to back weeks at home with a tough road game at TCU before. I wouldn't sleep on them.

It’s possible but I doubt it. My money says Baylor loses in the regular season. We’ll see soon enough. 4 games left (5 for Baylor).

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
We might move up on a bye week.

Doesn’t really matter if we don’t take care of bidness next weekend

Yep, totally disagree with the thread title. Okie losing has nothing to do with our playoff chances. If we win out, we're in. Otherwise, we are a two loss team that with little chance to get in the CFP.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let me just say this to defend my thread title change: Before the paper-tiger Sooners lost, I could see UF running the table, beating an undefeated Alabama team in the SECCG, and STILL losing the playoff spot to Bama. Go ahead and tell me it couldn't happen, the sports media still thinks UF is a joke. With Oklahoma losing, now both teams could get in the playoff.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Let me just say this to defend my thread title change: Before the paper-tiger Sooners lost, I could see UF running the table, beating an undefeated Alabama team in the SECCG, and STILL losing the playoff spot to Bama. Go ahead and tell me it couldn't happen, the sports media still thinks UF is a joke. With Oklahoma losing, now both teams could get in the playoff.
Zero chance this would happen. Less than zero.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You're new to college football, you'll learn. Takes time and experience.
Quite possibly the funniest line I read from you yet (thus the like). @Captain Sasquatch is of course right. There’s no way a one loss SEC champ UF would not get in. They would have three wins over top ten teams including Bama whereas Bama would have only one. Florida would probably have the best resume of any team under consideration.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty simple for us - win out and we are in the playoff.

I can see an argument the media is going to kick up after the LSU - Bama game however. That the loser should go over a 1 loss Big 12 or PAC 12 champ despite not making their conference championship game. I hope they aren't crazy enough to do that as Bama's resume in that scenario would probably only have a single decent win over an 8-4 Auburn team unless A&M can pull an 8-4 record which isnt likely. LSU will have a clearly better win resume than Bama in that scenario but unless its like has been done previously where the Power 5 conference champ has 2 losses a one loss non-champion should never go in front of them imo because of some "eye test"...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Quite possibly the funniest line I read from you yet (thus the like). @Captain Sasquatch is of course right. There’s no way a one loss SEC champ UF would not get in. They would have three wins over top ten teams including Bama whereas Bama would have only one. Florida would probably have the best resume of any team under consideration.
But Bama's only good wins would probably be an 8-4 Auburn and the East champ but like it was said zero chance a 1 loss SEC champ isn't in.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Some of you guys are fcking high, any of bama, Lsu, uga, or UF win out and their in. If bama or lsu's only loss is in the SEC championship to a one loss UF or uga and their in along with the SEC champ. Or if their only loss is to one another in the regular season and the other beats UF/uga in Atlanta they'll both be in as well. Both Oregon and OU are finished regardless. I don't see OSU losing a game so their most likely in.

I'm guessing 2 SEC teams, OSU or very unlikely PSU and Clemson. And if one of the SEC teams is bama those fckers will win it all as long as Tua is healthy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They would have beat LSU but not the east champ. In Ox’s scenario, they would have had to beat the tiggers and lost to us.

OK I see but if they lose to LSU and miss the SECCG - That talk has already started with the talking heads but its a joke with Bama's win resume in that scenario imo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator