Ole Miss moves to dismiss BS lawsuit; case thrown out by judge

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He Recorded Lane Kiffin against his knowledge. I say good. Because I agree with Lane Kiffin. **** all these pussies.

It’s gotten completely out of hand, and someone needs to put a stop to this nonsense.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Priveledged college athletes.

Article says he was called into Kuffins office and informed that he was being demoted to the scout team. Kiffin asked him if he accepted the demotion and it was then he told Kiffin he needed a mental health break. He then ignoredKiffins request for a follow up convo for 3 weeks.

Lawsuit says discrimination because 1) Women athletes get treated differently 2) White athletes get treated differently.

I hope they dont settle.

It's not enough these "athletes" get a full scholarship (many students risked thier lives in the military for this), room and board, excellent free nutritional meals, excellant free medical, free tutors, free tickets, free parking, AND NIL (stripend from collectives), they also want all that as a one sided guarantee.

Taking care of Mental health is important. But in the real world, you have to keep others informed (like the head coach) and also seek treatment.

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
All true......however it would be wise for the University to offer and in fact encourage this young man to seek some mental health counseling and make sure he's not ready to go off the deep end.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
All true......however it would be wise for the University to offer and in fact encourage this young man to seek some mental health counseling and make sure he's not ready to go off the deep end.
On a separate but related note, I've been on the official FB UF Family pages (have to be a verified family member of a student and it is staffed by UF helpers) since 2016... the number of posts over the years for parents seeking mental help for their kids struggling with anxiety and depression is staggering (and so is the number of resources for dealing with it), especially with what I'll call "Covid kids" over the last 2-3 years... it's turned into an industry.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
It's a real thing. What they did to our young people over this covid BS is criminal. My son lost 2 years of baseball and had to camp out in his room for school. I shoulda pulled his ass and sent him to private school but he begged me not to do it.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
On a separate but related note, I've been on the official FB UF Family pages (have to be a verified family member of a student and it is staffed by UF helpers) since 2016... the number of posts over the years for parents seeking mental help for their kids struggling with anxiety and depression is staggering (and so is the number of resources for dealing with it), especially with what I'll call "Covid kids" over the last 2-3 years... it's turned into an industry.
And the "industry" will continue to grow exponentially.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's rather ironic that @GatorJ starts a thread that is almost certainly going to devolve into a political sewer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Rollins, despite repeated requests from the football staff, didn't meet again with Kiffin until March 21. During the meeting, Rollins legally recorded Kiffin without his knowledge, and a copy of the transcript was included in the lawsuit. ESPN obtained a copy of the audio in September.

"OK, you have a f---ing head coach. This is a job. Guess what? If I have mental issues -- and I'm not diminishing them -- I can't not see my f---ing boss," Kiffin said, according to the lawsuit and the audio recording. "When you were told again and again the head coach needs to see you, [it] wasn't to make you practice, [it] wasn't to play a position you don't f---ing want to, OK? It was to talk to you and explain to you in the real world, OK? So I don't give a f--- what your mom [says], OK, or what you think in the real f---ing world, you show up to work. And then you say, 'Hey, I have mental issues. I can't do anything for two weeks. But if you change my position I won't have mental issues.'

"I guarantee if we f---ing called you in and said you're playing defense, would you have mental issues?"

Answered Rollins: "I definitely would."

During the audio exchange, Rollins is heard saying, "I mean, you're acting like my issues aren't real."

"I didn't say they're not real," Kiffin responded. "You show up when your head -- when your boss -- wants to meet with you. It wouldn't have been like this ... if you would've come here when you kept getting messages [that] the head coach wants to talk to you. And you say, 'I'm not ready to talk to him.'"

Said Rollins: "I wasn't."

"What f---ing world do you live in?" Kiffin asked.

Answered Rollins: "I don't see why you have to be disrespectful, honestly."

"Get out of here," Kiffin said. "Go. You're off the team. You're done. See ya. Go. And guess what? We can kick you off the team. So go read your f---ing rights about mental health. We can kick you off the team for not showing up. When the head coach asks to meet with you and you don't show up for weeks, we can remove you from the team.

"It's called being a p---y. It's called hiding behind s--- and not showing up to work."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta say, Kiffin just went up a few notches in my book. Man, he was right on the money. The kid was pretending he had "mental issues" because he wasn't getting the position he wanted.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
"Get out of here," Kiffin said. "Go. You're off the team. You're done. See ya. Go. And guess what? We can kick you off the team. So go read your f---ing rights about mental health. We can kick you off the team for not showing up. When the head coach asks to meet with you and you don't show up for weeks, we can remove you from the team.

Go. You're off the team. <----- Seems to be saying Rollins is off the team.

BUT

He walks it back by saying he can remove Rollins from the team, like he isn't kicked off.

Regardless, Kiffin is spot on and has matured a LOT in the last 15 years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Go. You're off the team. <----- Seems to be saying Rollins is off the team.

BUT

He walks it back by saying he can remove Rollins from the team, like he isn't kicked off.

Regardless, Kiffin is spot on and has matured a LOT in the last 15 years.
Kiffin said that but obviously the school didn't follow through with it. It was just blather.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rollins, despite repeated requests from the football staff, didn't meet again with Kiffin until March 21. During the meeting, Rollins legally recorded Kiffin without his knowledge, and a copy of the transcript was included in the lawsuit. ESPN obtained a copy of the audio in September.

"OK, you have a f---ing head coach. This is a job. Guess what? If I have mental issues -- and I'm not diminishing them -- I can't not see my f---ing boss," Kiffin said, according to the lawsuit and the audio recording. "When you were told again and again the head coach needs to see you, [it] wasn't to make you practice, [it] wasn't to play a position you don't f---ing want to, OK? It was to talk to you and explain to you in the real world, OK? So I don't give a f--- what your mom [says], OK, or what you think in the real f---ing world, you show up to work. And then you say, 'Hey, I have mental issues. I can't do anything for two weeks. But if you change my position I won't have mental issues.'

"I guarantee if we f---ing called you in and said you're playing defense, would you have mental issues?"

Answered Rollins: "I definitely would."

During the audio exchange, Rollins is heard saying, "I mean, you're acting like my issues aren't real."

"I didn't say they're not real," Kiffin responded. "You show up when your head -- when your boss -- wants to meet with you. It wouldn't have been like this ... if you would've come here when you kept getting messages [that] the head coach wants to talk to you. And you say, 'I'm not ready to talk to him.'"

Said Rollins: "I wasn't."

"What f---ing world do you live in?" Kiffin asked.

Answered Rollins: "I don't see why you have to be disrespectful, honestly."

"It's called being a p---y. It's called hiding behind s--- and not showing up to work."
Kiffin said something wrong here?
:dunno:

Man our kids are fuching soft

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
People change over time. I'm not sure kiffin is the same dolt we punked during the Meyer years

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
VSU had a similar incident in which a baseball player secretly recorded a meeting w/the head coach while being dismissed for non-compliance of team standards. It came off as being presented as racist actions (of course it did) via his social media feed. Eventually it blew over and died down w/both sides admitting guilt and providing concessions. As far as I know, it did not go to litigation.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Gotta say, Kiffin just went up a few notches in my book. Man, he was right on the money. The kid was pretending he had "mental issues" because he wasn't getting the position he wanted.
100%. Everything he said, that kid needed to hear. I was pleasantly surprised to see Kiffy’s comments.

On a side note, while recording a conversation without the other person knowing is legal in one-party consensual states, it is almost always a schitty thing to do. It says a lot about this player and his “issues.” In my time as a supervisor there have been several occasions where I suspected a subordinate was recording me. Whenever it happened I always made a point to throw in a few exculpatory and self-serving statements.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Ox coming around to my boy Lane?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
This kid needs to lose this case for his own good and for the good of college athletics.

Essentially, he wasn't good enough to see the field, was loafing in practice, got demoted, then decided to cry "mental health issues" to pout.

Kiffin was 100% in the right to tell him to buzz off and transfer if he didn't like it and that just because he has confidence and/or ego problems that he wants to hide behind "mental health" doesn't mean he can ignore the coach his scholarship depends on.

Every year, there's thousands of disgruntled athletes who show up and realize they're not going to play. They get passed over by a younger talent or by someone who out-works and out-hustles them. Most transfer to get more playing time and it's better off for everyone.

The LAST thing that schools, the NCAA, and sports in general is to add in a layer of legal liability behind all of this when it doesn't work out for the athletes for whatever reason and disgruntled athletes file lawsuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator