Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not a bad article on the subject

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n300704 said:
Most in the chatterbox noticed this. Grier hits those guys no doubt. But still not reason we lost.

did you type this with a straight face ?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n300729 said:
I can see why, its confusing I hard time shifting from their perspective and writing it, to native perspective and writing...

to be clear, this was all about their lack of pass D and how they let our receivers uncovered and open.

Les addressed it fully and spent a thoughtful time on it as though it were a serious subject, and said he would get it 'corrected'.

more likely Mac out schemed them pattern / personnel wise, we just didn't have a guy that could execute. If we can win the east I'm definetly ok with this years results

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
There were guys open all night, we had a wonderful gameplan and scheme. It's Treon's fault and Treon's fault alone that he didn't hit them. However he played well enough to put us in a position to win. The defense gave up a 28 point second quarter and that's why we lost.

I really don't understand some people on this board. Just because we don't want to put the loss squarely on Treon's shoulders does not mean that we think he played a great game. The bottom line is the defense's mistakes were far more costly than Treon's mistakes were.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gators79;n300820 said:
Grier and Treon are missing wide open receivers.

Exactly, both Grier and Treon are missing open receivers. The root cause is the OL. Our QB's typically only get one read and they have to run or throw the ball.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
ergator920103;n300836 said:
Exactly, both Grier and Treon are missing open receivers. The root cause is the OL. Our QB's typically only get one read and they have to run or throw the ball.

it was a fun run with Will. I am still excited to see how we fare with Treon with the East on the line. We can and should win the east. Not doing so would be a major let down and would make Treon look bad no matter what considering he inherited a 6-0 team. (not saying thats a fair judgement but thats the case)

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
Treon played extremely well considering the conditions. There are a lot of things for him to improve but he did throw 2 TDs with 0 Int and 271 yds.

That's better than Grier has done in any road games. In fact, the yardage was the same as Grier's against Ole Miss. Add in the fact that the running game (minus him) averaged less than 2 yds a carry and you don't have a recipe for success.

With all that being said, the game was lost because our defense had an absolutely horrid second quarter. I mean on the level of an early season patsy like NMSU. We got exactly 0 stops that quarter. That's pitiful against an offense like LSU. It's not like they are Baylor or something.
As for Grier, WTF does it matter? He's not playing so we have to move on. That's on Grier and it pisses me off but there is nothing that can be done until he's reinstated. Treon is what we have and the production he gave us Saturday will win every game left on our schedule as long as our defense shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon has no vision of what is developing in front of him (and he should - he's the QB). He didn't lose the LSU game, but he didn't win it either. I just hope we can get by Ugly in 10 days.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
ATXGator;n300781 said:
Treon had one week of practice with the first team. Grier had been practicing in this offense for a while. Treon gets more experience in the offense every week and will improve his ability to go through progressions faster

Before the season started, Nussie was asked what the two QBs strengths were. He said Treon was athletic while Grier went to his 3rd and 4th progression. Grier was doing that in fall camp before the season started. Treon doesn't need to go through his progressions faster. He actually needs to begin going through them. He isn't doing it at all. That's what Blackledge kept pointing out and you can see it a number of times in the game. The truth is, he probably isn't going to get much better than he is now. If he hasn't learned to go through his progressions by his second year as a starter, he isn't going to.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n300895 said:
Before the season started, Nussie was asked what the two QBs strengths were. He said Treon was athletic while Grier went to his 3rd and 4th progression. Grier was doing that in fall camp before the season started. Treon doesn't need to go through his progressions faster. He actually needs to begin going through them. He isn't doing it at all. That's what Blackledge kept pointing out and you can see it a number of times in the game. The truth is, he probably isn't going to get much better than he is now. If he hasn't learned to go through his progressions by his second year as a starter, he isn't going to.

Experience and time can only help. The more he practices and plays the more comfortable he will get going through his progressions... at least that is what I hope.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
ATXGator;n300898 said:
Experience and time can only help. The more he practices and plays the more comfortable he will get going through his progressions... at least that is what I hope.

I hope so. If he can just learn to get to his second option in his progressions it will make a tremendous difference because Coach Mac and Nussie are scheming guys open.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
maheo30;n300949 said:
I hope so. If he can just learn to get to his second option in his progressions it will make a tremendous difference because Coach Mac and Nussie are scheming guys open.

Part of the reason he doesn't like to move up in the pocket is it really doesn't help him see....I think that's why he always seems to try and roll to his right, easier to throw. Defenses will start scheming to take that side of the field away like they did Driskel. His arm isn't strong enough to be effective rolling to his left. I think Mac and Nuss should start attacking the left side with a few more screens to keep defenses honest but they know better than me so we'll have to wait and see .

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Yeah TH missed a lot of reads. Like I said he played well enough not to lose but not good enough to win. He will be better against UGLY. Coach Mac will have him better prepared with 2 weeks to practice. In Mac we Trust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n300949 said:
When the OL misses a blitzer and one of the DL, on almost every play, you don't get to your second option.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n300707 said:
The only drum I'm beating is the one that disagrees with those who continue to think Harris didn't have a role in the loss. You are right, he isn't as good as Grier. Matter of fact, I think he's terribly slow, can't process information fast enough and playing the wrong position at this level. It's just idiotic to think he didn't have anything to do with our loss to LSU.
Of course he attributed to the loss. I think the mental aspects of the position is what is lagging. Maybe that is simply a result of having pine splinters in his rear and, like Grier, he will work through it by repetition. But to think that he was not among those to be blamed for the loss is just silly. The last couple of possessions, he completely whiffed and was obviously flummoxed.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n301145 said:
he completely whiffed and was obviously flummoxed.

He did, let's hope the jitters, whoosies, bugaboos, butterflies, whatever you wanna call it that caused him to be so terrible in those last two drives was from lack of experience that can be fixed. Otherwise, he'll never be a QB who can go win a game when the game is on the line. QBs that fall apart when you "gotta have a score", aren't gonna win you any championships. Hopefully it's just the butt splinters from sitting on the bench and the coaches can get them removed so he can settle into his new role as the starter and "The UF QB". He did manage a come from behind win last year at UT, so hopefully that wasn't a fluke, and he just needs to settle into his role as "the guy"(for the rest of the year anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.