Open receivers at LSU game

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bottom line is we will never know if Grier would've done better or not because he didn't play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You might not know, ...but I know.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;301578 said:
I'm not understanding the Geoff Collins hate. I understand we had a massive collapse in the 2nd quarter but that kinda stuff happens every now and then. He's done a pretty good job for the most part.

Maybe it's the way he wears his hat? By the way, I envision you wearing yours in much the same manner.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all still fretting over the LSU game? Must lead some crappy lives. Move on to the next one and quit blaming individuals when the TEAM failed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n301571 said:
The more I think about it, the more I think you're right. Teams that rush for under 60 yard routinely hang monster scores up on LSU in Death Valley at night. Treon sucks and we should kick him off the team immediately.
Our rushing numbers would have been better if LSU had been respecting the pass. They weren't, and practically admitted it afterwards.

I don't "hate" Treon. I'm pulling hard for him. It's just not the same team, that's all. However, Grier is the one to blame here, not Treon.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n301604 said:
Maybe it's the way he wears his hat? By the way, I envision you wearing yours in much the same manner.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
I can pull it off though!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
NavetG8r;n301466 said:
You're comparing apples and oranges. Anybody who claims Treon was anything other than a complete disaster on the last two drives of the LSU game is blind. Look, he's all we got, and I ain't saying he's a terrible QB. I'm just saying when the game was on the line and we needed a score to win, he was awful in the LSU game. Will that be the case all year? I dunno, and I didn't say it would be.

Tebow was a QB that could and DID go win many games for us. That is indisputable. Treon won the UT game last year coming from behind. And UT is a fairly hostile environment so hopefully he'll find that mojo again. This past Saturday, he didn't have it. No, he didn't cost us the game. 28 points scored on our defense in one quarter is a much larger reason we lost the game, but when our defense did manage to get a stop and put us in a position to have an opportunity to score and tie it up, Treon was God awful. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Throwing into the dirt, and on the last hail mary he even threw the damn ball out of bounds. That's folding under pressure. You simply don't throw the last hail mary pass of the game out of bounds.
​
oxrageous;n301536 said:
Treon wasn't a disaster, but he probably left 4 touchdowns off the board. We could have scored a lot more points last week. A LOT more points.

For those that believe TH let us down by not performing in the last 2 drives, that he let us down by not performing when the defense got the stops to get us back in the game...You play 'what if' with what he could have done to get the win in the closing minutes. Do you even ask yourself how it would have been if he hadn't guided us on the two good drives? I'm going to pass on the first TD, given ST got us a short field. However, TH performed on the second drive when the defense had put us in a 31-7 hole in the closing moments of the 2nd quarter. AND he performed on the third scoring drive when the same defense had put us in a 28-14 hole.

I can't argue he blew it when we needed him in the last two drives. Can you argue he failed us up to that point? He left points on the field....How about he got points on the field? What if the last 2 drives were par for the night and we got blown out? That he does suck and we don't have any hope for offense the rest of the season?

He made mistakes on those last drives. He performed adequately up to that point - against all the things others have listed already (tough LSU defense, on the road, night game at LSU, etc). Yeah, we lost - it was due to TEAM failure. Could he have done more? Yes. Could everyone else have done more? YES. But they didn't. Game over. Moving on. And I don't feel bad about moving on with him as our QB for the balance of the season.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n301710 said:
​

For those that believe TH let us down by not performing in the last 2 drives, that he let us down by not performing when the defense got the stops to get us back in the game...You play 'what if' with what he could have done to get the win in the closing minutes. Do you even ask yourself how it would have been if he hadn't guided us on the two good drives? I'm going to pass on the first TD, given ST got us a short field. However, TH performed on the second drive when the defense had put us in a 31-7 hole in the closing moments of the 2nd quarter. AND he performed on the third scoring drive when the same defense had put us in a 28-14 hole.

I can't argue he blew it when we needed him in the last two drives. Can you argue he failed us up to that point? He left points on the field....How about he got points on the field? What if the last 2 drives were par for the night and we got blown out? That he does suck and we don't have any hope for offense the rest of the season?

He made mistakes on those last drives. He performed adequately up to that point - against all the things others have listed already (tough LSU defense, on the road, night game at LSU, etc). Yeah, we lost - it was due to TEAM failure. Could he have done more? Yes. Could everyone else have done more? YES. But they didn't. Game over. Moving on. And I don't feel bad about moving on with him as our QB for the balance of the season.

At this point we're all saying the same thing, just in different words. Treon didn't lose the game against LSU. He also didn't win it for us. All we can do is hope he improves going forward. Maybe JMac can get him to find his outlet receivers quicker when his first read is covered over. I do attribute some of his horrible accuracy in the final two drives as rust, but a lot of it was the moment just got too big for him on that particular night. Hopefully JMac can help him grow into his role as the UF starting QB so nerves won't be so much of an issue in the tight games going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator