Open receivers at LSU game

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
IMHO, Mac's offensive schemes were, from the beginning, based on a Grier-type QB. Now Mac & Treon have had
a "full-go" 2-weeks' practice of new "Treon-schemes" that our team will be fully rehearsed in = so my expectations
and hopes are for the better. ??

It's a musterbate that we beat all Gatorbait. = pound UGly handily.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While he may not have done anything to specifically lose the game, he also didn't do anything spectacular to win it. But, I am surprise that no one has mentioned the second to last series. I think that was the final nail in the proverbial coffin. On three straight downs Treon threw the ball at his receivers feet. It wasn't until we went for it on fourth down that he threw a decent pass and it wasn't caught. Thus turning the ball over on downs. Did nobody else see that series? I would have thought you guys would have been all over that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n301446 said:
While he may not have done anything to specifically lose the game, he also didn't do anything spectacular to win it. But, I am surprise that no one has mentioned the second to last series. I think that was the final nail in the proverbial coffin. On three straight downs Treon threw the ball at his receivers feet. It wasn't until we went for it on fourth down that he threw a decent pass and it wasn't caught. Thus turning the ball over on downs. Did nobody else see that series? I would have thought you guys would have been all over that.

Most of the conversation has been about BOTH of the last two possessions. He was pretty horrible in both. He's all we got tho, so running him into the ground isn't going to help anything. All we can do is hope JMac can get him coached up a bit and game plan around Treon's strengths as much as possible.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n301446 said:
From what I've read, most have been all over it. He's taken the brunt of the blame for not being able to take the team on his back and overcome the 28 points the defense gave away in the second quarter...or the 7 the STs gave up in crunch time. We should expect ANY QB to be able to score at least 40 on the road at LSU...I mean it happens all the time doesn't it? :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n301240 said:
QBs that fall apart when you "gotta have a score", aren't gonna win you any championships.
Yeah, I remember when that was Tebow's rap in 2009, he'd never brought us from behind. Yet he was a champion.

He also struggled to score 40 points vs SEC defenses sometimes. He sucked.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n301460 said:
Yeah, I remember when that was Tebow's rap in 2009, he'd never brought us from behind. Yet he was a champion.

He also struggled to score 40 points vs SEC defenses sometimes. He sucked.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Anybody who claims Treon was anything other than a complete disaster on the last two drives of the LSU game is blind. Look, he's all we got, and I ain't saying he's a terrible QB. I'm just saying when the game was on the line and we needed a score to win, he was awful in the LSU game. Will that be the case all year? I dunno, and I didn't say it would be.

Tebow was a QB that could and DID go win many games for us. That is indisputable. Treon won the UT game last year coming from behind. And UT is a fairly hostile environment so hopefully he'll find that mojo again. This past Saturday, he didn't have it. No, he didn't cost us the game. 28 points scored on our defense in one quarter is a much larger reason we lost the game, but when our defense did manage to get a stop and put us in a position to have an opportunity to score and tie it up, Treon was God awful. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Throwing into the dirt, and on the last hail mary he even threw the damn ball out of bounds. That's folding under pressure. You simply don't throw the last hail mary pass of the game out of bounds.:facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
See, the funny thing is you guys are the ones wanting to overlook all of Grier's games except Ole Miss. Treon didn't score 40 on the road at LSU with the OL leaking like a screen door, and therefore he sucks. We get it.

There is only one guy responsible for 28 points in the 2nd quarter.

Florida%20Gators%20Friday%20Night%20Lights%20Camp%202015_July%2024%202015_Florida%20Gators%20Football_109_Florida%20Gators%20defensive%20coordinator%20Geoff%20Collins-L.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a little confused why everybody is slamming Harris over losing that game. We lost that game because we gave up 28 points in one quarter. Which is just unacceptable with our defense.

LSU is a top-tier defense. And Harris did a decent job considering he was just made the starter less than a week prior.

If our defense doesn't have a debacle like that again I just don't see us losing until the SEC championship game.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n301477 said:

Florida%20Gators%20Friday%20Night%20Lights%20Camp%202015_July%2024%202015_Florida%20Gators%20Football_109_Florida%20Gators%20defensive%20coordinator%20Geoff%20Collins-L.jpg

This we agree on.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Treon wasn't a disaster, but he probably left 4 touchdowns off the board. We could have scored a lot more points last week. A LOT more points.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n301536 said:
Treon wasn't a disaster, but he probably left 4 touchdowns off the board. We could have scored a lot more points last week. A LOT more points.

Like that 70 Grier hung up at UK?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Will would have scored 56 points? But we couldn't score on Kintucky, Tinerc, or Mizzu?

I love Will, and the vertical passing game, as much as the next guy, but 56 points?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n301477 said:
See, the funny thing is you guys are the ones wanting to overlook all of Grier's games except Ole Miss. Treon didn't score 40 on the road at LSU with the OL leaking like a screen door, and therefore he sucks. We get it.

Conversely, he was responsible for dismantling Ole Miss.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n301564 said:
Yes, 56. At least.

The more I think about it, the more I think you're right. Teams that rush for under 60 yard routinely hang monster scores up on LSU in Death Valley at night. Treon sucks and we should kick him off the team immediately.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not understanding the Geoff Collins hate. I understand we had a massive collapse in the 2nd quarter but that kinda stuff happens every now and then. He's done a pretty good job for the most part.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n301466 said:
You're comparing apples and oranges. Anybody who claims Treon was anything other than a complete disaster on the last two drives of the LSU game is blind. Look, he's all we got, and I ain't saying he's a terrible QB. I'm just saying when the game was on the line and we needed a score to win, he was awful in the LSU game. Will that be the case all year? I dunno, and I didn't say it would be.

Tebow was a QB that could and DID go win many games for us. That is indisputable. Treon won the UT game last year coming from behind. And UT is a fairly hostile environment so hopefully he'll find that mojo again. This past Saturday, he didn't have it. No, he didn't cost us the game. 28 points scored on our defense in one quarter is a much larger reason we lost the game, but when our defense did manage to get a stop and put us in a position to have an opportunity to score and tie it up, Treon was God awful. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Throwing into the dirt, and on the last hail mary he even threw the damn ball out of bounds. That's folding under pressure. You simply don't throw the last hail mary pass of the game out of bounds.:facepalm:
Mjm is gonna be crushed when he reads this

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember we everyone got along and we all liked the same QB. I miss those days.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;301587 said:
I remember we everyone got along and we all liked the same QB. I miss those days.
Yeah 2009 was something, wasn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator