Other Week 5 Games

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020
Cincy up 17-7 with 9 minutes left in the 4th. Notre Dame has the ball and driving.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ThreadbareHomelyBluewhale-max-1mb.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Stanford upsets Oregon 31-24 in overtime.

I admit to not having seen Stanford play yet this season but I know this. they were embarrassed in Week 1 and all I know is that they have won at USC thus getting the USC HC fired and have now defeated Oregon. I can't say this factually but from afar, this is what I would call actual improvement!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Is it possible that most of us armchair AD's were not only correct about Cousin Eddie, but also about Dumbo?????:flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush:.

We are Cowbell and Dumbo drops one to Cowbell!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Is it possible that most of us armchair AD's were not only correct about Cousin Eddie, but also about Dumbo?????:flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush:.

We are Cowbell and Dumbo drops one to Cowbell!

Jimbo’s gonna Jimbo. He’s a 4 loss per season coach when removing the 2 good years with Jameis at FSU. He’s still a 3 loss guy when those 2 seasons are included.

I’m just surprised he doesn’t already have 3 losses this year. He lucked out against Colorado. With Bama, LSU, Aub, Ole Miss, Mizzou & S. Car still remaining, 5 losses is highly likely and 6 losses is plausible.

He & Mullen might have to have a season ending tiebreaker thumb wrestling match to see who is less of a loser. I think Mullen pulls the victory out by a hair at the buzzer in a highly contested match.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
here is an interesting thought. I see the Coon Azzes lost at home to the Barn. Now I have always ranked Farmer Fran and the worst HC in the SEC and Cousin Eddie second worst. But I always said UF had the worst staff in total. Even tho Farmer Fran does have some hardware in his case, I guarantee those Coon Azzes won;t waste any time showing him the door after he finds the cellar or close to it this year in the SEC West. Meanwhile UF will extend Cousin Eddie with years and money.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Nick Saban is now 24 - 0 in games against his former assistants as head coaches after Bama took Ole Miss down 42 - 21. Saban didn't get in a shootout with Kiffin like last year when the game was 63 - 48 and Ole Miss put up over 600 yards in total offense. This year Saban did what a good coach does. He changed the game plan. Even though Bama was gaining more yards through the air than on the ground this season Saban had Bama run the ball right at Ole Miss. Instead of trying to score through long pass plays, Saban tried to eat up the yardage in small chunks on the ground to keep the Ole Miss offense off the field and out of sync. Looking at the box score shows that Alabama ran the ball 50 times for 210 yards for an average of 4.2 yards per carry with the longest run being just 21 yards. Mission accomplished. A loud crowd in Tuscaloosa didn't hurt any. Neither did having a coach who knows what he's doing.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Nick Saban is now 24 - 0 in games against his former assistants as head coaches after Bama took Ole Miss down 42 - 21. Saban didn't get in a shootout with Kiffin like last year when the game was 63 - 48 and Ole Miss put up over 600 yards in total offense. This year Saban did what a good coach does. He changed the game plan. Even though Bama was gaining more yards through the air than on the ground this season Saban had Bama run the ball right at Ole Miss. Instead of trying to score through long pass plays, Saban tried to eat up the yardage in small chunks on the ground to keep the Ole Miss offense off the field and out of sync. Looking at the box score shows that Alabama ran the ball 50 times for 210 yards for an average of 4.2 yards per carry with the longest run being just 21 yards. Mission accomplished. A loud crowd in Tuscaloosa didn't hurt any. Neither did having a coach who knows what he's doing.

And Satan said that the way they played offensively against Ole Piss is not necessarily the way they would like to play, but that circumstances dictate the plan and you play the way you must to win the game. Most of these "offense minded" head coaches can only play one way which is their way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
here is an interesting thought. I see the Coon Azzes lost at home to the Barn. Now I have always ranked Farmer Fran and the worst HC in the SEC and Cousin Eddie second worst.
Can you imagine going from Grasseater (who SOS openly mocked as stupid) to Ogre?

That is nearly as bad as going from Sharkfuchser to Dorky Dan.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Can you imagine going from Grasseater (who SOS openly mocked as stupid) to Ogre?

That is nearly as bad as going from Sharkfuchser to Dorky Dan.

Exactly. And to borrow what someone else said in the LSU-UF game time thread, but I will use different verbiage, there is a reason this game is Noon EST on Jefferson Pilot, probably with Jay Randolph on the call.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
A gif of cornrows being razed, as Alabama goes up 35-0 over Corral and the Rebels, and it gets nothing?

1MpXGx.gif
Your first mistake was to use the word "razed." Which means the opposite of "raised". But they are pronounced the same. So it confuses people. Particularly people who imbibe adult beverages. Nobody on this board though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator