Patriots under investigation from NFL

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n154322 said:
From my understanding, the teams used the same game balls so any advantage would be realized by both teams.

This is so stupid.

No they use different ones. The teams are allowed to break in the balls prior to the game and mark them as their footballs. I think I read the complaint started after a Colts defender had one of NE's footballs and said it was deflated some. I doubt anything comes of this except more scrutiny because they probably can't prove how the football was deflated if they have no evidence of it purposely being done.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Just win, baby.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n154980 said:
No they use different ones. The teams are allowed to break in the balls prior to the game and mark them as their footballs. I think I read the complaint started after a Colts defender had one of NE's footballs and said it was deflated some. I doubt anything comes of this except more scrutiny because they probably can't prove how the football was deflated if they have no evidence of it purposely being done.

It was found after the Indianapolis inception of brady, the Colts player took it to the official after noticing it.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n154982 said:
It was found after the Indianapolis inception of brady, the Colts player took it to the official after noticing it.

And then the Colts' defense proceeded to give up 31 more points.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n154984 said:
And then the Colts' defense proceeded to give up 31 more points.

Brady was mad, so he made them pay.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like they probably found that some were deflated under the limits and its just whether they accuse the Patriots of purposely doing it after reading that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-be-concluded-in-next-2-3-days/?ocid=yahoo

"We’re hoping to wrap that up in the next two or three days,” Vincent said. “The team is in place in New England now interviewing staff members.” Vincent didn’t specify when decisions will be made or punishment imposed.
“We obviously want to get that on the table, get that behind us so that we can really get back to the game itself.”
So why is this being treated as such a big deal?
“For a fan, you want to know that everything’s equal,” Vincent said. “The integrity of the game is so important.”
Anything that impacts the integrity of the game is important, even if it seems trivial or meaningless, especially in a game that was destined to be a blowout. That’s why the NFL is investigating — and that’s why harsh consequences will be meted out if the league determines that a violation occurred.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
So how many did they find? My balls shrink when it's cold, just throwing that out there as a possibility

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
PATRIOTS are guilty - hammer coming down

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hotrod;n155309 said:
This is professional football not NASCAR.

You are right, football players always follow the rules. :rolleyes:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n155291 said:
So how many did they find? My balls shrink when it's cold, just throwing that out there as a possibility

11 out of the 12 balls were at 10.5 psi. The league rule is 12.5 psi with a 1 psi of variation allowed (11.5-13.5 psi within rules).

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
TheDouglas78;n155532 said:
11 out of the 12 balls were at 10.5 psi. The league rule is 12.5 psi with a 1 psi of variation allowed (11.5-13.5 psi within rules).
You use to have a sense of humor

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I am fine with BB getting Sean Payton'ed. The Pats have shamed themselves and the shield. Goodell needs to have some balls(sorry) and bring the hammer down.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n155556 said:
I am fine with BB getting Sean Payton'ed. The Pats have shamed themselves and the shield. Goodell needs to have some balls(sorry) and bring the hammer down.

That is just dumb. Sean Payton was allowing a bounty system to be done on the team that would injure players. Deflated footballs do not hurt anyone.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n155553 said:
You use to have a sense of humor

Your balls are already too small for anyone to notice the shrinkage.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n155559 said:
That is just dumb. Sean Payton was allowing a bounty system to be done on the team that would injure players. Deflated footballs do not hurt anyone.

Dumb? This is his second major offense. We are talking about influencing the outcome of games. The actual integrity of the game. It cannot be allowed. Kraft and Goodell are pals so it probably won't happen but it is deserving. Sometimes I think you argue with people just to argue. Not sure how you could even defend a multiple cheater not deserving a suspension.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n155573 said:
Dumb? This is his second major offense. We are talking about influencing the outcome of games. The actual integrity of the game. It cannot be allowed. Kraft and Goodell are pals so it probably won't happen but it is deserving. Sometimes I think you argue with people just to argue. Not sure how you could even defend a multiple cheater not deserving a suspension.

Tomlin was never suspended for standing in the field of play and tripping a player up. Rex Ryan wasn't suspended when one of his coaches stuck his knee out in front of an opposing player on the sideline, causing the player to trip (could have seriously injured that player), so I don't believe Belichik should be suspended for this.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n155579 said:
Tomlin was never suspended for standing in the field of play and tripping a player up. Rex Ryan wasn't suspended when one of his coaches stuck his knee out in front of an opposing player on the sideline, causing the player to trip (could have seriously injured that player), so I don't believe Belichik should be suspended for this.

What happened to mr. law and order wobble?
Belichek should be severely punished for this.. I t is a second major violation... Who knows what would have happened had Brady not been able to grip the ball early and thrown a pick 6 early on...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing will happen. The news that the New England staff's pressure gauge was out of calibration will be released this week to clear everything up.
:bob:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator