Patriots under investigation from NFL

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This from some reporter named Bob Kravitz.

I'm told at one point the officials took a ball out of play and weighed it. Should hear more tomorrow on this subject.

So when you let air out of a ball does it weigh more, or less? Are they filling footballs helium now?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n154090 said:
This from some reporter named Bob Kravitz.

So when you let air out of a ball does it weigh more, or less? Are they filling footballs helium now?

I would believe less.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The idea of the Pats losing draft picks over this nonsense is preposterous.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n154094 said:
The idea of the Pats losing draft picks over this nonsense is preposterous.

If anything comes out of it, there will be a fine... I doubt they would lose picks.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
fischerwood;n154068 said:
Funny thing is, Luck used the same ball as Brady. So they got their ass kicked, sour grapes by the losers. The better team won, just get over it. If anything, the refs didn't call any DB's of the Colts for obvious pass interference on numerous occasions & New England STILL caught the damn ball.

You think both teams use the same ball?

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n154063 said:
What about during the game, that is where I believe the accusations are about.
i think league "officials" have the balls under their control once a team gives them to the officials....could somone on the sidelines ...with quite a few people around....pull one or two and deflate it...i guess anything is possible

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
quoted from a NFL Official...."2 hours and 15 min.before each game, officials inspect 12 footballs from each team and put a mark on them to indicate they meet the proper requirements and are good for usage. Then the footballs are given to ball attendants......
their are also 6 balls used for just kicking which are under control of officials

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
granitegator;n154145 said:
quoted from a NFL Official...."2 hours and 15 min.before each game, officials inspect 12 footballs from each team and put a mark on them to indicate they meet the proper requirements and are good for usage. Then the footballs are given to ball attendants......
their are also 6 balls used for just kicking which are under control of officials

so reading that only the kicking balls are under the official control, which is something we addressed earlier. The question who provides the ball attendants?

Now by rule the teams use the same "game balls", and with the score the way it is I doubt it was a large issue in the game.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
So the Colts would've lost a little less worse if they had fully inflated balls? The better team won. Sounds like sour ass grapes to me

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n154158 said:
So the Colts would've lost a little less worse if they had fully inflated balls? The better team won. Sounds like sour ass grapes to me
Not true. There's no way Blount would have had all those rushing yards if the ball was fully inflated.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't be the first time Pats were disciplined by the NFL

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n154161 said:
Not true. There's no way Blount would have had all those rushing yards if the ball was fully inflated.
:exactly:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n154161 said:

Sure, because a properly inflated football would've significantly improved the Colts ability to tackle.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n154214 said:
Sure, because a properly inflated football would've significantly improved the Colts ability to tackle.

and the ball was lighter thus making him able to run faster

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
From my understanding, the teams used the same game balls so any advantage would be realized by both teams.

This is so stupid.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n154322 said:
From my understanding, the teams used the same game balls so any advantage would be realized by both teams.

This is so stupid.

I would give an advantage to the smaller handed quarterback (marginal in my opinion) if it not fully inflated. Much like quarterbacks going from the NCAA football to the NFL football, have a little more control over the football itself and can throw it a little further due to the smaller ball.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Colts got the **** beat out of them, loose balls, flat balls, smooth balls, silky balls, deflated balls, non-descending balls, it doesn't matter.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't the refs notice this when they touch the ball following each down? Not to mention, the Pats ran the ball for half the downs and yards so a deflated ball wouldn't have an advantage.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n154467 said:
Wouldn't the refs notice this when they touch the ball following each down? Not to mention, the Pats ran the ball for half the downs and yards so a deflated ball wouldn't have an advantage.

I believe they did notice, which is why they weighted it.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's tantamount to saying I lost the tennis match b/c the net was higher on my side of the court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.