POLL: Who's your Favorite Women's World Cup Soccer Player?

And the choices are... Alex Morgan: Her overly involved soccer dad would kill you if he knew even h

• Alex Morgan

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Hope Solo

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Abby Wambach

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Carli Lloyd

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Fk Jeremy Foley and his liberal Title IX agenda

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Mia Hamm Sammich

Votes: 18 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
This is a national or actually International competition. I understand why some fans are upset with a player or two but most of them on the team are not like that at all and are not controversial and seem like great girls. It would be a sad day for me if I could not cheer for our team and our girls. But I do understand why some fans are turned off due to the political aspects brought up by one player.

I played soccer in college and watch at least one game (if not more) every weekend. Even when the Euro leagues are over, MLS goes on throughout the summer--usually with Wed night games too.

But I haven't watched the US women's team in at least 4 years.

Their antics, political virtue signaling, and nonsensical arguments are off-putting and just plain tiresome. I don't mind athletes biiitching about more pay--most all of them do it and I understand why. But making it a gender issue is pathetic. It's simple math why they aren't paid more--NOT discrimination. And then their constant bashing of the men's team: the utter delusion it takes to compare the two games should be laughable--but the fact so many are serious about it makes me wondering about the sanity of certain people. Winning the men's world cup: where there are no less than a dozen countries out there who could feasibly win it every tournament and another 3-6 teams outside of that who are dangerous on any given day (like the US or mexico, to name but two) is incomparable to the women's world cup where there are teams without a SINGLE professional on them (Thailand). Real talk: that would never happen in the men's game. Ever.

The women's team needs to stop their false narratives of "discrimination" and LGBT123 politicking and start playing for their *whole* country. You know: their fvvcking job.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Pretty sure Lloyd is the oldest player on the roster.

26 goals for and 3 against while trailing 0 minutes and 0 seconds. Amazing performance and pure dominance!
I
I played soccer in college and watch at least one game (if not more) every weekend. Even when the Euro leagues are over, MLS goes on throughout the summer--usually with Wed night games too.

But I haven't watched the US women's team in at least 4 years.

Their antics, political virtue signaling, and nonsensical arguments are off-putting and just plain tiresome. I don't mind athletes biiitching about more pay--most all of them do it and I understand why. But making it a gender issue is pathetic. It's simple math why they aren't paid more--NOT discrimination. And then their constant bashing of the men's team: the utter delusion it takes to compare the two games should be laughable--but the fact so many are serious about it makes me wondering about the sanity of certain people. Winning the men's world cup: where there are no less than a dozen countries out there who could feasibly win it every tournament and another 3-6 teams outside of that who are dangerous on any given day (like the US or mexico, to name but two) is incomparable to the women's world cup where there are teams without a SINGLE professional on them (Thailand). Real talk: that would never happen in the men's game. Ever.

The women's team needs to stop their false narratives of "discrimination" and LGBT123 politicking and start playing for their *whole* country. You know: their fvvcking job.
I agree with all your points especially about the politicizing and all of that. I am fine if they get a big bump up and pee when they're on the national team representing America. But I've enjoyed the whole experience a little less each time since 2011 when I was heartbroken when they lost 2015 I enjoyed it and then a little less this year because of all the other issues unrelated to soccer. But I still found it in made a route for my country and all the ladies on the team no matter who they like or don't like. I am happy they won the World Cup again. But like you said it's a different game than with the man and the competition they face is much weaker. I also don't like how the women are labeled as winners and the men as losers in this country. I do wonder what some of the top retired men think of all that's going on with the women's team. Landon Donovan in particular. But it is what it is and our ladies were out to grab a big piece of the pie doing it the way they wanted to and they did it. I tip my hat to them even if I didn't like everything they did.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
On a side note President Donald J Trump should jump on this opportunity to push for an increase in pay for women on the national teams whether it's soccer basketball volleyball softball Etc.

I don't know where the money would come from but it would be a big win for Trump if he did that or at least pushed for it. Women and all those Sports will never make as much money as the men do in their Sports as professionals but for the national team's I'm for the women on those teams getting more money if the money is there. Trump should strike while the iron is hot and all the hullabaloo about how the ladies will not visit him in the White House. His response should be I will do everything in my power to get all of the female national teams in American Sports an increase in pay. It would be a huge win for the Trumpster. I know the president of the United States of America has a lot to deal with. But he has a chance here while the ladies team insults him and ignores him to come back at them with greater pay for future national teams. It would be a big win for Donald and he's all about one thing and that's winning. I don't mean to play his campaign manager it's just an off-the-cuff idea on my part.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
KPRDSlf.jpg

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ought to revoke that purple haired America hating muff diver's passport and let her stay in France.

But alas, it is women's soccer after all, which is akin to the Pinellas County Senior Trailer Park Shuffleboard Championship.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not so fair! Are all soccer players on our USA women's team liberals? Be just like libs to "force" this team in the TDS direction. This politicizing is ruinous to sports, to team unity. If any US sports team on the international stage is propagandizing in any type of Anti-American proselytizing they should be disciplined, sanctioned, or the US connection to the team should be severed. Make no big deal out of the process. Just send the message that sports cannot be used in an effort to influence an election. Do that separately.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First visit here. This thread is a tad bit confusing. You've got people bashing others and then bashing the people they just agreed with. It's like a mosh pit.

All over girls soccer.

Okie dokie.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Not so fair! Are all soccer players on our USA women's team liberals? Be just like libs to "force" this team in the TDS direction. This politicizing is ruinous to sports, to team unity. If any US sports team on the international stage is propagandizing in any type of Anti-American proselytizing they should be disciplined, sanctioned, or the US connection to the team should be severed. Make no big deal out of the process. Just send the message that sports cannot be used in an effort to influence an election. Do that separately.
there are many players on the teams who are not liberal anti trumper's and that's why I kept rooting for the team while some other Americans were rooting against them.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So to summarize: worship the god emperor or you aren’t American? I’d love to see how some of you behaved from 2009-2017. :whistle:

My anti-politicizing sports applies no matter which direction the denigration goes. Most fans turn to sports as an escape from mind-mucking resentments. It's called play, called games. It should involve sportsmanship about the sport.??

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My anti-politicizing sports applies no matter which direction the denigration goes. Most fans turn to sports as an escape from mind-mucking resentments. It's called play, called games. It should involve sportsmanship about the sport.??

What the hell are some of you talking about? The quote that was brought up was from MONTHS ago. Megan wasn't politicizing anything until it was brought up. She just stands there. She hasn't kneeled in 2 years. It's like a bunch of reverse snowflakes. Hilarious. Triggered city. Over one purple haired lesbian. Some of you need to look inside your soul and I hope you see the darkness. Wow.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So not wanting political discord to be inserted into sports comes from the darkness in people's souls??

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So not wanting political discord to be inserted into sports comes from the darkness in people's souls??

There wasn't any discord. LOL. SINCE YOU BROUGHT IT UP I WILL ADDRESS IT - I DO NOT LIKE POLITICS IN HERE AT ALL. Trump twittered like the twit he is because he can't help himself. He injects himself into everything and his sycophants gobble it up daily. He triggers his base every day and they're clueless to it. All the homo-phobic comments on here are a great example. It's quite sad really.

Edit: Ultimately, I am looking for healing the great divide in our country. Find common ground. Start the healing process. The fracturing of America is abhorrent to me. It's there but both sides need to each take a step forward.

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There wasn't any discord. LOL. SINCE YOU BROUGHT IT UP I WILL ADDRESS IT - I DO NOT LIKE POLITICS IN HERE AT ALL. Trump twittered like the twit he is because he can't help himself. He injects himself into everything and his sycophants gobble it up daily. He triggers his base every day and they're clueless to it. All the homo-phobic comments on here are a great example. It's quite sad really.

Edit: Ultimately, I am looking for healing the great divide in our country. Find common ground. Start the healing process. The fracturing of America is abhorrent to me. It's there but both sides need to each take a step forward.
:triggered:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
changing my vote for favorite player to the girl (i think it was ohara) that picked the flag up off the ground after the useful idiots dropped it to do a stupid little dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member