POLL: Who's your Favorite Women's World Cup Soccer Player?

And the choices are... Alex Morgan: Her overly involved soccer dad would kill you if he knew even h

• Alex Morgan

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Hope Solo

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Abby Wambach

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Carli Lloyd

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Fk Jeremy Foley and his liberal Title IX agenda

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Mia Hamm Sammich

Votes: 18 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Not a fan of Trump, Obama or Rapinoe. Fan of USA. Fan of soccer. Go USA. But ... women's soccer is boring compared to men's soccer ... so, yeah ... I get why the men get more $. Sorry if that makes purple hair beyotches angry and not want to stand for or sing the national anthem. She is stoopid.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Fan of USA. Fan of soccer. Go USA. But ... women's soccer is boring compared to men's soccer ... so, yeah ... I get why the men get more $.
Revenue Disparity Explains Pay Disparity Between Soccer World Cup's Men And Women

If FIFA paid out at the same dollar amount women would earn three times more than the total money made from their event, while that same number represents 7% of the total revenue from the men's event.

If they paid men and women out at the same percentage of revenue women would split a little over 9 million, approximately 1/3 of what they are getting right now.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Revenue Disparity Explains Pay Disparity Between Soccer World Cup's Men And Women

If FIFA paid out at the same dollar amount women would earn three times more than the total money made from their event, while that same number represents 7% of the total revenue from the men's event.

If they paid men and women out at the same percentage of revenue women would split a little over 9 million, approximately 1/3 of what they are getting right now.

I am ignorant to the facts surrounding this and definitely admit I do not have the numbers to back anything up. But I believe my comment is in reference to the national team and not FIFA. I might have misunderstood, but the loud mouth with the purple hair had beef with why the national men's team got more money than the national women's team. Does our national team follow FIFA rules for paying their national players? And of course, there is a high possibility I am lost in the sauce there too. I mean ... its women's soccer ... I dont really care.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The reason women make less $$$ than men in soccer and other sports is the same reason why MLS men make so much less than athletes in other sports. Revenue. The market always determines the price, no matter how much social engineering is applied.

Average salaries in other North American professional sports leagues 2016-17

1. NBA - $6.2m
  2. MLB - $4.4m
  3. NHL - $2.2m
  4. NFL - $2.1m
  5. MLS - $308,969

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I am ignorant to the facts surrounding this and definitely admit I do not have the numbers to back anything up. But I believe my comment is in reference to the national team and not FIFA.

On the team USA end of things (which is different from FIFA payouts) top earners are basically a push. Top guy makes 1.4 top woman 1.2. There are 12 players making over a million per - 6 men and 6 women. The only real disparity is with the reserves, where the women do get paid considerably less. The women grossed more in ticket sales this cycle, but at least in part that is driven by playing many more games. Historically the men's team has out earned the women's team.

I really could care less about soccer - men or women, but I get that people are passionate about it. It appears as a rule they are far more passionate about the men's game than the women's game, at least from a dollar value standpoint. I popped in because the revenue versus wages thing always interests me. Typically it is the people yelling the loudest that have the least to yell about.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We are paying our players over a million per year to play soccer? Purple headed cry baby is making a million and she says the things she says and silently protests USA while telling people she is silently protesting? Wow. Makes me like her less.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I am ignorant to the facts surrounding this and definitely admit I do not have the numbers to back anything up. But I believe my comment is in reference to the national team and not FIFA. I might have misunderstood, but the loud mouth with the purple hair had beef with why the national men's team got more money than the national women's team. Does our national team follow FIFA rules for paying their national players? And of course, there is a high possibility I am lost in the sauce there too. I mean ... its women's soccer ... I dont really care.

The revenue generated from the tournament and how it's meted out to the individual teams who are participating *is* controlled by FIFA. As is the prize money for winning (or for making the semifinals, etc.).

This is a big part of our federation's legal argument disputing the "equal pay" nonsensical lawsuit: they don't control how much FIFA gives them since all natl teams are subject to FIFA rules and regulations.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Americans are so blatantly ignorant about soccer that they actually think the WWC was the biggest soccer event in the Americas. No, it wasn’t.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
On the team USA end of things (which is different from FIFA payouts) top earners are basically a push. Top guy makes 1.4 top woman 1.2. There are 12 players making over a million per - 6 men and 6 women. The only real disparity is with the reserves, where the women do get paid considerably less. The women grossed more in ticket sales this cycle, but at least in part that is driven by playing many more games. Historically the men's team has out earned the women's team.

I really could care less about soccer - men or women, but I get that people are passionate about it. It appears as a rule they are far more passionate about the men's game than the women's game, at least from a dollar value standpoint. I popped in because the revenue versus wages thing always interests me. Typically it is the people yelling the loudest that have the least to yell about.

Not to mention the *other* benefits the women's team gets over the men's: a base salary AND healthcare.

The reason they asked for those things in the last contract negotiations a few years ago (that they're now biitching to get out of) is because the women are dependent on the intl game for their primary earnings. At the top level, male players earn more playing for their club teams than they do their natl teams...it's more of an honor/privilege to be representing your country. The women's soccer league in this country can barely afford to pay their club players minimum wage since average attendance is less than most minor league baseball teams.

Of course, I've yet to see that little nugget of info ever "reported" in the mainstream media when discussing this issue. Gets in the way of the narrative.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Americans are so blatantly ignorant about soccer that they actually think the WWC was the biggest soccer event in the Americas. No, it wasn’t.
I'm not even THAT smart. Nor am I aware of who the current tiddlywinks champion is or who won the national spelling bee. I do know that we have a big ass over-the-line tournament here in San Diego every year where most people get ****faced while they're playing the game.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016

These facts do not consider their feelings.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I'm not even THAT smart. Nor am I aware of who the current tiddlywinks champion is or who won the national spelling bee. I do know that we have a big ass over-the-line tournament here in San Diego every year where most people get ****faced while they're playing the game.

I really want to like soccer. Like I want to like hockey. I just can't. I manage to like hockey during the Olympics (of course I also find a way to like curling). But then I stop caring again until the next time. I'm like an amnesia patient.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

I tend to poke fun at the ridiculous logic by "accusing" USSF of "racism" for not paying Zardes (a US men's striker and a "person of color" as much as Messi--a white player for Argentina).

Only one person online has ever actually caught on to the mocking sarcasm. Most everyone else from the "woke" SJW mobs responds with "that is so typical."

Even rank novices can google "Zardes first touch" compilations and laugh at the obvious difference in class between him and one of the best soccer players to ever play the game.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On a side note President Donald J Trump should jump on this opportunity to push for an increase in pay for women on the national teams whether it's soccer basketball volleyball softball Etc.

I don't know where the money would come from but it would be a big win for Trump if he did that or at least pushed for it. Women and all those Sports will never make as much money as the men do in their Sports as professionals but for the national team's I'm for the women on those teams getting more money if the money is there. Trump should strike while the iron is hot and all the hullabaloo about how the ladies will not visit him in the White House. His response should be I will do everything in my power to get all of the female national teams in American Sports an increase in pay. It would be a huge win for the Trumpster. I know the president of the United States of America has a lot to deal with. But he has a chance here while the ladies team insults him and ignores him to come back at them with greater pay for future national teams. It would be a big win for Donald and he's all about one thing and that's winning. I don't mean to play his campaign manager it's just an off-the-cuff idea on my part.

There is NOTHING Trump could possibly do that would give him a big win with this crowd. They hate him so much that they would manufacture a reason to criticize him even if he accomplished what you’re suggesting

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Rapinoe refuses to stand and honor the country that provides her the freedom to be a whiner she says because Trump is taking away her freedoms. Would someone be so kind as to list the freedoms she has lost since Trump took office........I’ll wait for a response because I assume that it will take some time and imagination to complete the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.