POLL: Who's your Favorite Women's World Cup Soccer Player?

And the choices are... Alex Morgan: Her overly involved soccer dad would kill you if he knew even h

• Alex Morgan

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Hope Solo

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Abby Wambach

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Carli Lloyd

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Fk Jeremy Foley and his liberal Title IX agenda

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Mia Hamm Sammich

Votes: 18 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Is that enough crying, or am I still wrong?
Hey she gets to wear the queen tiara today. Obviously Megan is a very good to great player. She clearly has the clutch gene. The rest of the team not so great. Megan Rupinoe has basically won the last two games for the United States. Maybe a few other players can rise to her level. But I have my doubts.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Great player, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I wish athletes would just shut the fck up and play ball.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah cause they don’t have a voice being that they’re citizens and all. :rolleyes3:
That’s not what it’s about and you know it, dumbass. Do what you’re paid to do. You and I can’t crow like idiots about politics at work for a reason. It’ll piss people off and potentially hurt the business. She’s alienating a large segment of the population.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That’s not what it’s about and you know it, dumbass. Do what you’re paid to do. You and I can’t crow like idiots about politics at work for a reason. It’ll piss people off and potentially hurt the business. She’s alienating a large segment of the population.
If you don’t like what’s on, change the channel, princess. Didn’t know some lesbian soccer player’s opinion hurt you guys so damn much.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If you don’t like what’s on, change the channel, princess. Didn’t know some lesbian soccer player’s opinion hurt you guys so damn much.
I’m not hurt. I’m just a consumer that doesn’t want politics in my entertainment...from either side. It’s made me quit watching several entertainers, as well. They get a microphone stuck in their face because they excel at sports or acting but most of them are as dumb as a bag of hammers.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
fe310850-99d9-11e9-bdff-98fa13d60981

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
I’m not hurt. I’m just a consumer that doesn’t want politics in my entertainment...from either side. It’s made me quit watching several entertainers, as well. They get a microphone stuck in their face because they excel at sports or acting but most of them are as dumb as a bag of hammers.
Me too. Millions of others as well. But it just won't stop and ESPN is the captain of this ship. Even on their shows from 5 to 6 at night it's always politics involved. Thus I don't watch nearly as much as I used to. The political diatribe is never-ending.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You do know Trump instigated this whole thing, right? I know you want to totally blame her but he was catering to his base. And they swallowed the whole hook. Thanks for the example.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
You do know Trump instigated this whole thing, right? I know you want to totally blame her but he was catering to his base. And they swallowed the whole hook. Thanks for the example.
the issue is the media keeps asking her about it and she keeps discussing it which got the president's attention. She should just say I've made my opinions clear on visiting White House what I'm struggling with with the problems in this country it's all well documented on the internet what I said. Trump says he's rooting for the ladies and he has invited them to the White House. Maybe none of them will go I don't really care. But I hope they win the cup.

Funny thing is neither Megan Rapinoe or Donald Trump or flustered by any of this.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
the issue is the media keeps asking her about it and she keeps discussing it which got the president's attention. She should just say I've made my opinions clear on visiting White House what I'm struggling with with the problems in this country it's all well documented on the internet what I said. Trump says he's rooting for the ladies and he has invited them to the White House. Maybe none of them will go I don't really care. But I hope they win the cup.

Funny thing is neither Megan Rapinoe or Donald Trump or flustered by any of this.

I've been consistent with my views...sometimes our President needs to take the high road. He's the leader of the free world. He's above this. I love how you want to put the onus on her...he just can't help himself. You know it...we all know it. In all honesty, why give her the attention or the more of a platform. Ignore it. He just can't help himself though.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
I've been consistent with my views...sometimes our President needs to take the high road. He's the leader of the free world. He's above this. I love how you want to put the onus on her...he just can't help himself. You know it...we all know it. In all honesty, why give her the attention or the more of a platform. Ignore it. He just can't help himself though.
Is he even saying anything bad? Trump treats everyone the same. He has invited the ladies to the White House win or lose and he's rooting for them. This is much to do about nothing in my opinion with much bigger issues in the world going on including people running for president who want everybody to be able to come into our country. Does Mexico allow that? nope. Canada? Nope. DJT needs to focus on that and not get involved with Megan Rupinoe. I think all of us wish he was more presidential and took the high road more often and not be so much off the cuff. But you are what you are. And where did being presidential get us with the last few administrations? Hmmmmm. Wars wars wars.

The good thing is this soccer team does not seem to get flustered by anything. They know how to focus and compete. I tip my hat to them. But they clearly have one great player and a bunch of workmen like players. They are the best of the rest of the World cup teams at this point but no sure thing to win.
I don't put all the onus on her. I just want her to play ball and I want the girls to win. I see Megan special as a soccer player I do not see her special because she's lesbian. I don't know if she can get the rest of the team to play up to her level but the last two games will be interesting to see. But you can't count on a goofy goalie playing in these last two games for the opponent. That first goal yesterday was a work of art by the American girls but the goofy goalie saw the ball coming at her then they screened her and instead of staying in her position she ran for the near Post. Goallllll! Lol. But you can't count on that kind of luck again.

Last edited:

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Great player, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I wish athletes would just shut the fck up and play ball.
This mixing of politics and sports is stupid, especially the hateful way it's been done the last 2-3 years. And especially from those representing the United States. Believe what you want, vote how you want, express yourself how you want in you personal life. But when you put on a jersey that has you representing your country, or representing a team that has made you a multi-millionaire (NFL & NBA), appreciate what you have, STFU, proudly represent your team/country. I would rather have a team put on the USA uniform that is proud to wear it, win or lose, than have a great player who hates her country.

Last edited:

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Sorry but I get so tired of these sports and media stars spouting off on issues they know nothing about.

Rapinoe gets her 15 minutes of fame and then some. The majority of sports fans don't care about women's soccer - unless it's their World Cup and it pushes our patriot button.

Now she's weighing in on matters for which she has no experience or context? The latest is that she's teaming with AOC - who couldn't pass a 3rd grade civics test?

The fact is that she's (for now) a famous lesbian and is taking advantage of her pulpit to push her agenda. Denigrate everyone and thing perceived as anti to that.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Back to soccer.................
I don’t follow all that closely, but can someone explain why Carli Lloyd has been sitting on the sidelines for the majority of the past two matches? She’s one of the top players in the world, so it just doesn’t make sense unless she’s been dealing with an injury. She needs to be on the pitch vs England.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Back to soccer.................
I don’t follow all that closely, but can someone explain why Carli Lloyd has been sitting on the sidelines for the majority of the past two matches? She’s one of the top players in the world, so it just doesn’t make sense unless she’s been dealing with an injury. She needs to be on the pitch vs England.
Here's the answer someone gave to that question. Maybe it's because she's a normal "hetero" :)
Carli Lloyd May Not Be Starting in the World Cup, But She's a Vital Member of Team USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator