Post O&B Game look to the 2019 Gators

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes Franks is not a great runner, but since some defenses will ignore his ability he can get some large runs in certain circumstances. I see packages for others who now can both throw and run.
It's a read option. He gets to pick his spots. But, no, there will not be a lot of designed runs for the quarterback. Not in my opinion.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
th

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It's a read option. He gets to pick his spots. But, no, there will not be a lot of designed runs for the quarterback. Not in my opinion.

Or it could be on passing plays where they cover the receivers and don't account for him. I agree that his read option plays will be limited, and few designed runs except perhaps in short yardage situations.

He is not that athletic, but can run some.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think some of y'all thinking Franks runs less this year are delusional. Clearly the offense ran better when he was a running threat. He and everyone else noticed the difference. He'll use that to keep the defenses honest this season, and that'll help everything run more smoothly on offense. Even if the OLine is not doing well, never knowing if what's coming next is a run or pass will slow the defense down some to help the OLine out. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

:giggity:

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is clearly the #1 QB and he looked very good playing against air in the O & B game. In my opinion, he played very well in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters against halF asS U and he played well against Michigan. I think he will be improved this season.

My concerns after the O & B game are the OL and we could not really tell what the D will look like as the DL on engaged the OL and the game was set-up to show O...I suspect the OL will again be the weak link.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think some of y'all thinking Franks runs less this year are delusional. Clearly the offense ran better when he was a running threat. He and everyone else noticed the difference. He'll use that to keep the defenses honest this season, and that'll help everything run more smoothly on offense. Even if the OLine is not doing well, never knowing if what's coming next is a run or pass will slow the defense down some to help the OLine out. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

:giggity:
It's a read option, Nav. There will always be QB run opportunities.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That is backwards. In a read option it is the DEFENSE that determines whether the QB keeps (assuming the QB is reading the defense properly).
Lol, is it not the QB who makes the final decision on what to do with the rock? Of course it is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol, is it not the QB who makes the final decision on what to do with the rock? Of course it is.
:what2:

Well, yes, he could make the wrong read. How the defense coaches the DE to respond, collapse on the pitch or give back or the QB determines what the QB SHOULD do.

We've had both variations or poor option QBs, Chris Leak who always read give and Trey Burton who always keep, no matter what.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:what2:

Well, yes, he could make the wrong read. How the defense coaches the DE to respond, collapse on the pitch or give back or the QB determines what the QB SHOULD do.
Okay, whatever you say.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Well, I was actually referring to a couple of our All-Time Spring Breakout Performers and how being a star in the Spring game doesn't mean a whole lot.

You mean like Terrence “Hot Tamale” Holmes? Spring legend. Zero impact.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Want imbalance when it comes handling the ball. Seems obvious that offensive efforts will most pay off when the max # of plays are run through Kadarius Toney. Whether decoy or ball handler, KT disarrays opposing defenses.
Go, all Gators

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.