Prayer Request

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I never actually say “what the Fuchs” out loud while reading this stuff or actually LOL, but Kev, that photo got me to say “what the Fuchs”.

Damn man. Good luck. Show some appreciation for your new nurse as our wives don’t sign up for that job even if they do it well.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You have a strange looking bush. I always assumed you were a man with the talk about your wife, NTTAWWT. By the way, it looks like they put your Foley in your cooty-hole instead of your peepee-hole so if it's not making urine that's probably why.

jk, glad to see you are on the mend

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Drs say everything seems to look good so far. I'm very weak and everything us very much a task. I've taking a a few sets each day but its very difficult. Thank you all for the prayers I'm very thankful for each and every one if them.

Hope your recovery has progressed on schedule.
Hurry back to good health Kev!!

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Hoping to start therapy tomorrow, it's on campus therapy so my drs will be able to see me daily if needed. Feeling a little stronger on my right side but my left side seems to be much weaker. Was doing a little walking today and my wife was saying that leg and butt area looks deflated and it feels it to. That left thigh feels like leather and weird feeling. I just need more time on my feet.

Thank you for any continued prayers God Bless

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sensory nerves surgically severed. Take some time to reconnect. Keep up your smooth physical therapy.
Don't forget the beanbag chair. :cool:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So you think I could have nerve damage in my leg?

Nerves run from the tip of your toe to imbed just above your brainstem. Of course, they get transmitted & jacked-up "electrically" by fat sheathing & Schwann cell nodes along the "trail". It's not just one original nerve.

Permanent nerve damage in your leg.? Not at all. Disruption of nerve conduction "tributaries" can alter sensory recognition from once thought out of the way places. Brain science years ago recognized that the gut contributes a second brain. That specialized "team" of neurons (in the gut lining) secrete & use dopamine, serotonin, adrenalin, etc. Synapses carry out the orders. Right now, your gut-brain, having waited so long to be miraculous is just now answering the call. Lost sensations are chemically bustin' to come back.

Long before brain science's gut-brain discovery, us common folk mentioned "butterflies" in our stomachs (that's a dump of adrenaline from your gut-brain). These hormones are secreted to keep the lower body innervations better performing. Obviously, your gut-brain functioning is disheveled right now. That all will repair itself in a reasonable time-lapse. Feel positive. (Actually, thinking "healing thoughts" aimed at a particular area has been shown to increase the concentration of histamine (& other healing biochemicals into that area.) So try that. Such self-therapy has long been denigrated as "faith healing" while it was this accidental biofeedback science at work. Sure charletons have usurped it for $ ... but they got away with it because of the times that it worked. Coax yourself to healing many times per day, Kev. God blessed the science and built it into your bodyworks. Think of others' prayers as many outside minds aiming at healing your injured parts. :D

Do you have friends & family come in and autograph your colo-bag.? :cool:

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Little update for anyone still following this topic. I was able to get my 2 drains taken out tonight which I'd just one step closer to getting back to normal.

Also feel like I'm finally starting to get some real energy back and didn't feel as drained today.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Little update for anyone still following this topic. I was able to get my 2 drains taken out tonight which I'd just one step closer to getting back to normal.

Also feel like I'm finally starting to get some real energy back and didn't feel as drained today.
Great news Kev, just hang in there and keep getting better and we will keep the prayers coming your way.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
My sister in law had to travel while she still had the bag.She was able to function just fine until everything healed nicely.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
So you think I could have nerve damage in my leg?
The further into the periphery you go with nerves the great the chances of healing. A week of being bedridden can leave you extremely weak, couple that with an infection and you get what you have. You'll recover but it will take a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.