PURCHASED: Audi TT Quattro

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he sells mostly on consignment but I haven't been there in 15 years....I used to have a major hard on for AC Cobras(replicas) and I still do if I can fit my big ass into one and he was one of the few places where you could actually see one up close....I know you're a Porsche guy, did you ever meet him or talk to him? He seems likable and the Winter Park crowd I grew up with loved the guy.

No, I checked him out online. I was driving a Lotus Evora S at the time, and the closest dealer was across the street from the Mall of the Millenia.

I got real sick of driving back and forth for all the little crap that would go wrong with the car. On one of my trips over, I decided to continue on to Longwood and visit Millenia Motors. Place was like a candy store, they had so much interesting inventory.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know some Russians that will get you something CHEAP if thats all you need.

It will probably be a stolen car VIN swap, a hurricane total or wrecked car that they've cleaned the title, or at least something with 300,000 miles on it and a odometer rollback but it will be CHEAP.

There's probably Russians in your town that'll do the same thing for you. you just have to find them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

It will probably be a stolen car VIN swap, a hurricane total or wrecked car that they've cleaned the title, or at least something with 300,000 miles on it and a odometer rollback but it will be CHEAP.

There's probably Russians in your town that'll do the same thing for you. you just have to find them.

He’s already shopping in Miami. Very little difference.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Link?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well good luck with all the money you will throw away on a Porsche then :thumbup:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still think Ox can pull it off. Look what he did with his own hands with the C4. A Boxster isn’t a terribly complicated car. At his budget he’s going to end up with a high-mileage car, but watch. In a year the thing will be tweaked nine ways to Sunday.

Screw the Miata idea, Ox. Time for something new. Do a Boxster. That Gen 1 power plant is so smooth. You’ll have a blast.

Cool pic of the 1993 prototype. You can really see the old 550 Spyder roots. James Dean, baby.

43dc5638173977cb308fff88ce2405cc.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not paying a cent more.

Early Miata's are looking better and better. They are incredibly cheap to maintain. I don't give a **** who teases me for it.
I see high mileage Audi TTs in your price range occasionally. Several on craigslist today. Id probably buy one of those over a Miata.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I see high mileage Audi TTs in your price range occasionally. Several on craigslist today. Id probably buy one of those over a Miata.
I keep wondering why I should bother with high-mileage German cars.....I'm not as much of a glutton for punishment after putting way more money in an old Corvette than it's worth. This time I just want to drive and enjoy the damn car, not worry about it breaking.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I keep wondering why I should bother with high-mileage German cars.....I'm not as much of a glutton for punishment after putting way more money in an old Corvette than it's worth. This time I just want to drive and enjoy the damn car, not worry about it breaking.
There is no doubt the parts are higher. Most Audis are just spicy VWs underneath so parts arent too bad.

TT is a pretty cool looking car IMO. No offense, but cooler than any Miata.

The answer for why anyone wants a German car is almost always to look cooler or to drive a less boring car. They never really make any financial sense, but ask @BNAG8R sometimes you just need German car prestige.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've owned 3 Gen 1 (1990-97) Miata's, and I can tell you that the fun factor is off the charts. No man who has ever actually driven one rips into them and calls them queer cars. They have 116 horsepower and yet you always find yourself wanting to go for a drive. They are incredibly reliable (which is why you see tons of them still on the street 30 years later), cheap to maintain, and have an enormous aftermarket. I can find a lower-mileage version and then turbo or supercharge it down the line.

The downside is I may have some redneck yell "GAAAAY!" as I drive by. I tell you, the older I get the less I give a ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.