Gator Basketball Robinson and Egbunu to test NBA

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Never heard of the 'all airport' team? Same concept - they look intimidating getting off the plane, bus, etc., but then that's all you ever see of em as they ride the pine all game long.

Yea that one is more familiar lol

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is a good move for him. If he gets taken 1st round then he goes.. if not... maybe he comes back to school and tries to improve his stock. He could improve his stock with a strong Senior year.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/...lorida-s-Robinson-to-again-explore-NBA-option

Well he has only a few days to pull out by NCAA rules. So he can not wait to see if or where he is drafted. I also wondered whether you could do this twice. He did this last year and then discovered his foot issue.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The highest I've seen him mocked is 41.

As of today he is 34 here:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

Draftexpress is pretty well thought of, but maybe has had UF players too high in the past. I am not sure about that but that is my impression.

And with scouting and draft potential a good game can move your perceived ceiling up while a bad game is just a bad game and you have as much potential as before it.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's no where near being an NBA player right now. He has a lot to improve on or he'll be in Europe and there is nothing wrong with that. I think our entire team from the last final four run is

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure he is ready for the NBA but I am also not sure that another year will help.
As stated, he is way too inconsistent for college much less a league where you are expected to perform 4-5 nights per week.
I am not sure he will improve that much given that he is a 22 year old true junior (get held back much Devin?)

I like him, I think he is a good player and more importantly, he seems to be a good person so i wish him well either way.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
DRob is just missing whatever it takes to be a star even in college. Every team we faced in the Big Dance had at least 2 players that performed better than DRob. Whatever goes on with him would return when he returns. Unless that something clicks, his name will disappear whatever direction he takes. Why didn't he get frustrated enough to lead us?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
DRob is just missing whatever it takes to be a star even in college. Every team we faced in the Big Dance had at least 2 players that performed better than DRob. Whatever goes on with him would return when he returns. Unless that something clicks, his name will disappear whatever direction he takes. Why didn't he get frustrated enough to lead us?

UF under Donovan and White so far is not a star system program. When you typically play 24 minutes a game and the shot are evenly distributed, then non one is a star. Robinsons could have been more assertive ala Parsons, but that has little to do whether or not he can play in the Association.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
But Insti, don't you think White leaves players in when they are hot = scoring well per minutes in there. DRob was supposed to be one of our proficient scorers. When Allen scored proficiently, White gave him 30 minutes or more.?

I don't see DRob impressing NBA scouts scrimmaging vs other NBA aspirants..? I hope he has an epiphany from this experience and then returns to us inspired, inspired enough to average 16 ppg.

P.S. >> Hope some SEC refs try out for the NBA and make it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure he is ready for the NBA but I am also not sure that another year will help.
As stated, he is way too inconsistent for college much less a league where you are expected to perform 4-5 nights per week.
I am not sure he will improve that much given that he is a 22 year old true junior (get held back much Devin?)

I like him, I think he is a good player and more importantly, he seems to be a good person so i wish him well either way.
Exactly how I feel. I almost think coming back might hurt his NBA stock more.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like White thinks he is gone.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But Insti, don't you think White leaves players in when they are hot = scoring well per minutes in there. DRob was supposed to be one of our proficient scorers. When Allen scored proficiently, White gave him 30 minutes or more.?

I don't see DRob impressing NBA scouts scrimmaging vs other NBA aspirants..? I hope he has an epiphany from this experience and then returns to us inspired, inspired enough to average 16 ppg.

P.S. >> Hope some SEC refs try out for the NBA and make it.

I keep hoping that SEC officiating will improve each year but again I am disappointed.
However, after watching the championship game last night, it is clear that bad officiating goes well beyond the SEC.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Figured I would just add this to the thread on Robinson.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Robinson and Egbunu will probably end up playing overseas. Nothing wrong with that I guess.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Also a few notes:

1. Coach said Hudson is as talented an offensive player as we have, needs to play d and rebound at a higher level.

2. Stokes is coming off of a torn ACL (January I think), not sure when or if he will play this coming year

3. Coach sees a lot of a young Thornwell in Ballard.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Testing and going are sometimes different things. We'll see how they're projected and what their response is in time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So he has until April 10th to decide to remain at UF It appears.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why? I personally do not see why Allen also does not test the waters without an agent? There is really no reason for anyone not to do this given the current rules.
Because chances are he won't come back :dunno:

Not about him testing the waters so much as I'd rather have him here :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.