MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
great-success-hey-egor-great-success.jpg

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Waiting on Egbunu's decision, or another transfer announcement (Bassett?).

I am guessing there is at least one more shoe to fall. If UF were to drop out of the Cameron Johnson competition, then we would know I was wrong there. Other than UK boards where they are sure Koulechov means UF is out of the Cameron Johnson derby, I have not seen this. I see no updates today saying UF is bowing out.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I am guessing there is at least one more shoe to fall. If UF were to drop out of the Cameron Johnson competition, then we would know I was wrong there. Other than UK boards where they are sure Koulechov means UF is out of the Cameron Johnson derby, I have not seen this. I see no updates today saying UF is bowing out.
I have seen a few places that we have dropped out and are no longer trying to get Cam. No idea if true but I have seen it on a few different sites

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well I don't think anyone drafted Egbunu. Not sure who has signed him yet as a free agent. Robinson is still in the D league I think.

Anyone know how many years its been since we have actually had a player taken in the first 2 rounds of the draft? I know a couple have made it and played decent recently but I think they weren't drafted.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Erik Murphy 2nd round 2013 was the last time a Gator was selected in the NBA draft

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These last few years have been the least talented teams in 25 years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I knew it had been a few years. I would think Hudson will be a second rounder if he has a season like this past one.
Hudson doesn't have enough lateral quickness to be a 2 guard in the nba . I just don't see him being able to seperate much in the league or guard very vell. Kevaughn Allen is the only player we got that fits into the athletic mold to play in the nba but he clearly can't play pg.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hudson doesn't have enough lateral quickness to be a 2 guard in the nba . I just don't see him being able to seperate much in the league or guard very vell. Kevaughn Allen is the only player we got that fits into the athletic mold to play in the nba but he clearly can't play pg.

I think Keith Stone has the best chance of anyone on our current roster to play in the NBA.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Keith Stone has the best chance of anyone on our current roster to play in the NBA.
You know what, i agree. I forgot about him. 10 years ago it might have been a different story but now the league plays more small ball and Stone definitely fits that mold of a combo forward that can stretch the floor.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I would say that Hudson has the best chance followed by Stone. I think each has a real chance to play in the NBA but like Finney-Smith it will take getting in exactly the right situation.

In the last few days I have been thinking about Hudson this coming year. I am coming around to him as a 3 as his rebound totals 3.9 per game are not that unfavorable compared to Prather 5.0, Parson 7.8, Brewer 4.8, and Miller 6.6. Without Koulechov getting so many rebounds Hudson might even up his number some this year.

Also Koulechov leaving leaves about 11 shots per game. There also might be a couple of more shots per game, if Nembhard takes a few fewer shots per game than Chiozza. That might leave 13 shot up for grab this year. So if Hudson picks up 3 or 4 of those shots and could up his Ft game a bit he might jump up from a 15.5 points per game guy to a 20 points per game guy and get drafted if more shots and more defensive focus do not cause his shooting percentages to drop too much.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I hope Hudson has the crash the boards mentality after every shot. Some shooters/scorers lack that.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.