Saban terrified: Auburn to hire Boise State's Bryan Harsin as head coach

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All those Blueberry State coaches fall flat on their faces when they leave. Like Mullinz, I'm sure it's glad to put the money in his pocket.

Shouldn't they be called boysenberry coaches?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who beat Lil Nick?

Les
Ogre
Freeze
The guy at Cowbell before Mullinz.
Sumlin
SOS
Meyer
Dabo

All those Blueberry State coaches fall flat on their faces when they leave. Like Mullinz, I'm sure it's glad to put the money in his pocket.

He also lost to:

Richt
Charlie Weatherbie (Louisiana-Monroe, 2007)
Tuberville
Watson Brown (UAB, 2000)
Houston Nutt

One name is NOT on that list though.....

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I would take a coach from a "blueberry state" but not at these salaries until "PROVEN"

Again, get a hot shot coach from a Costal Carolina but at a good salary until proven...If unsuccessful buy them out. They make more than they ever have and we can bring in more "annalists" and assistants.

There are very few Saban, SOS, Urban, Bear...Coaches...But what we are doing is not working. I think the "Cousin Eddie's and Muschump's can hide in a Saban/Urban System...all the recruiting is done for them.

It's like the Corporate World...I'd go for the Entrepreneur of coaching...(SOS, URBAN)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Who beat Lil Nick?

Les
Ogre
Freeze
Sumlin
SOS
Meyer
Dabo

You forgot the most improbable one of all: Charlie Weatherbie.

And the guy before CDM at cowbell was Sylvester Croom.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Who beat Lil Nick?

Les
Ogre
Freeze
Sumlin
SOS
Meyer
Dabo

I said active coaches. I think it’s just the 3 I listed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He also lost to:

Richt
Charlie Weatherbie (Louisiana-Monroe, 2007)
Tuberville
Watson Brown (UAB, 2000)
Houston Nutt

One name is NOT on that list though.....
I think big game Bob beat him once too.

And didn't he lose the Blueberry State in a bowl game?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think big game Bob beat him once too.

And didn't he lose the Blueberry State in a bowl game?

If we dig into his Michigan State record I'm sure we'd find some head-scratcher losses. Post 2007 though he's only lost about 20 games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we dig into his Michigan State record I'm sure we'd find some head-scratcher losses. Post 2007 though he's only lost about 20 games.
when Saban left Michigan State, they were pretty upset in Sparty land. they like to think of themselves as a destination job and a Big Ten blue blood.

In interview Saban said in Louisiana he would not be second tier to another school in his own state with recruiting. When they lured him to Alabama, he basically demanded a blank check, anything and everything....any amount that he felt he needed to not just compete but to outclass every other program.

Saban understands the value of recruiting in a way that our buffoon does not. (I know he's now saying he's going to take it seriously from now on.)

Frankly I don't think Saban is any particularly spectacular game planner. He just stacks the deck so badly that no one else has a chance.

Wish we would hire some coaches and understood recruiting was important. I guess you could say Chimp did but he only believed that recruiting one side of the ball mattered, and he really only believed in recruiting defensive backs and Rush backers.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
when Saban left Michigan State, they were pretty upset in Sparty land. they like to think of themselves as a destination job and a Big Ten blue blood.

In interview Saban said in Louisiana he would not be second tier to another school in his own state with recruiting. When they lured him to Alabama, he basically demanded a blank check, anything and everything....any amount that he felt he needed to not just compete but to outclass every other program.

Saban understands the value of recruiting in a way that our buffoon does not. (I know he's now saying he's going to take it seriously from now on.)

Frankly I don't think Saban is any particularly spectacular game planner. He just stacks the deck so badly that no one else has a chance.

Wish we would hire some coaches and understood recruiting was important. I guess you could say Chimp did but he only believed that recruiting one side of the ball mattered, and he really only believed in recruiting defensive backs and Rush backers.

I read the book "Saban" a few years ago. It talks about him flying to Alabama w/ the AD (Mal Moore, I think) and on that flight he laid out what he needed for recruiting, and that was all they talked about - building an unstoppable recruiting machine. And here we are....14 years later and they just signed ANOTHER #1 ranked recruiting class, the highest rated class in the history of the recruiting services ranking systems.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I read the book "Saban" a few years ago. It talks about him flying to Alabama w/ the AD (Mal Moore, I think) and on that flight he laid out what he needed for recruiting, and that was all they talked about - building an unstoppable recruiting machine. And here we are....14 years later and they just signed ANOTHER #1 ranked recruiting class, the highest rated class in the history of the recruiting services ranking systems.
CUM had the first truly super class at UF in 2006, but the things Saban does now have totally eclipsed that. He basically takes an All-American team.

I don't think our 2006 class is top 10 anymore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Where the hell is the "blueberry state"?
Boise-State-Blue-Turf-Football-Field.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.