Saban terrified: Auburn to hire Boise State's Bryan Harsin as head coach

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, the worst part of being fired for him is that he's going to be stuck at home with that insane wife of his. Buyout or no, I'd take the first job that came my way if I were him just to get out of the house.

If you haven't seen this psycho grab a microphone and indulge herself in a cringefest during a televangelist hour, here's a real treat for you:
she's kinda hot tho for an older broad.

Would definitely pee...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just finished reading a top coaches ranking piece on 247 that had Malzahn two spots behind Mullen at 11th.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just finished reading a top coaches ranking piece on 247 that had Malzahn two spots behind Mullen at 11th.
It’s why I’m not a fan of firing someone that’s doing “OK” until you know exactly who you want to replace them. The days of looking after firing should be history with these massive buyouts.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I think Malzahn is a better coach than Mullen and would do very well at UF. I do like our offense this year compared to anything Malzahn would have, but we all know that this year's offense is the exception for Mullen and not the norm. Malzahn, while being an offensive guy, doesn't ignore the defense and fields well-rounded teams. His success lives or dies with QB play.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think Malzahn is a better coach than Mullen and would do very well at UF. I do like our offense this year compared to anything Malzahn would have, but we all know that this year's offense is the exception for Mullen and not the norm. Malzahn, while being an offensive guy, doesn't ignore the defense and fields well-rounded teams. His success lives or dies with QB play.

He did win 1 SEC in his first year and went to the BCS NCG, but Malzahn has lost at least 4 games in each of the 7 years since. He lost 5 in 3 of those seasons and 6 in another. He’s kind of a flake. No thanks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can’t believe Grantham’s name hasn’t been mentioned. He is an elite DC who also coached in the nfl. It would break my heart to see him go. I would personally drive him to Auburn myself just to make sure he gets there.

If they know his defensive style, then, of course, they'd choose to pass on him.

Just a public service reminder, crazy chics are great in bed and fun to bang, but you don't marry one or even date them for long.

Don't Crazy chicks come from scrambled eggs?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Very similiar coaches.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Malzahn is a better coach than Mullen and would do very well at UF.

See there's the problem ... that observers could think HC "so&so" could replace the HC we got. Can you imagine that ifea comimg out on Spurrier when he was here?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It’s why I’m not a fan of firing someone that’s doing “OK” until you know exactly who you want to replace them. The days of looking after firing should be history with these massive buyouts.
Pretty much resigned to keeping Mullen until a home run hire becomes available. I'd love to know who that home run hire is though. Last thing I want to see is the circus of us firing Mullen and then trying to court whoever the hell is out there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. Both fall into my "glorified high school coach" category.
well... they both see the field know what's going on in a very high level way. If you remember at Arkansas, Malzahn was forced to run a very conventional power run and vertical passing offense, and he ran it well. Then he went to somewhere in the midwest I forget and ran a pass heavy spread, before coming to Auburn and using a very run heavy spread option.

Mullinz is the same way. He proved at the first of this year that he can run a vertical offense. Imagine if he had stuck with it. Or used that with Leak. Easy wins instead of squeaker after squeaker.

Mullinz COULD be tue next SOS, but he wants to be the next Lou Holtz instead.

It is sad.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty much resigned to keeping Mullen until a home run hire becomes available. I'd love to know who that home run hire is though. Last thing I want to see is the circus of us firing Mullen and then trying to court whoever the hell is out there.
This job SHOULD be top 3. It SHOULD be the job that everyone not already at Texas or USC wants.

The cat is out of the bag Everyone knows our chintzy azz athletic department will do the absolute minimum necessary to support the football program and that our ADs lie to coaches repeatedly.

Youre probably right. Mullinz is mediocre and will lose the same 3 or 4 games that 78% of the other coaches would but we wouldnt be an attractive target to an elite coach even if one were out there.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: DC Kevin Steele still has key supporters at #Auburn in his corner but I'm hearing the Tigers also are interested in speaking w/ #Clemson's Tony Elliott and Brent Venables for their coaching vacancy in addition to Steve Sarkisian & Billy Napier. Lane Kiffin also could be in play.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Fukit, sign him up.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They are talking to all these walking jokes and actually holding their nose up to Hugh Freeze because he diddled a hooker a decade ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.