Saban terrified: Auburn to hire Boise State's Bryan Harsin as head coach

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Can you imagine his bad breath inside a car? He strikes me as someone that not only has chronic halitosis, but is a heavy breather, like a b!tch in heat. I'll bet the windows fog up in seconds.

Wow. What a visual!!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
@BruceFeldmanCFB: One other name to keep an eye on for the #Auburn HC vacancy, I've heard from sources is DC Kevin Steele. Am told he has some very influential people in his corner among Tigers power brokers. Here's our updated AU coaching search story: Feldman: Auburn needs a football coach. Who are the likely candidates?

Steele? They throwing in the towel?

Forde-Yard Dash: Auburn's Search is Already Messy

This quote is hilarious. Since when does Auburn really care about violations in any sport they have.

"But another camp says Greene doesn’t want him because of the NCAA issues on Freeze’s watch at Mississippi and he will not be a candidate."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Auburn hires Steele the fans may burn down the city. A guy who had a 9-36 record as a head coach at Baylor—including a 1-31 conference record.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just a public service reminder, crazy chics are great in bed and fun to bang, but you don't marry one or even date them for long.

tenor.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
21.5 Million

I think Malzahn did a pretty solid job in his tenure. May have been 2 playoff appearances if his RB doesn't get hurt during the Iron Bowl after beating uga the first time in 2017. Plus he's the only coach in the conference with multiple wins over Saban. Just as I said with Mullen, that West(plus uga in their case) is an absolute beast.

But having said all that, 21.5 to go away and not have to face those pressures any more has to be the best news he's ever received. People forget that he really only made his splash at Arkansas because he had three great players that were committed elsewhere(two here) and Nutt thought that offering their HC the OC position would help get them to stay home. Don't get me wrong, he was very successful at the HS level. But to go from that to making collectively probably 40-50 million over the next 15 years is a pretty fortunate turn of events.

Still think Aub is dumb here. But I generally think they're dumb, so that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
If auburn fired Gus and pay the 20+ million buyout just to hire the DC who just so happens to have one of the worst head coaching records in the history of football shyt will burn.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Malzahn just seemed to get away with what worked for him for so long. That no-huddle ground-and-pound offense he had was absolutely unstoppable when it was rolling. Defenses were so gassed they would practically beg for it to be over. However, it required a running QB to make it work and Malzahn put the nail in his own coffin by making Bo Nix his QB. Nix does nothing particularly well....nothing. If you're going to sacrifice your signature running game for a non-scrambling QB, you would think he'd at least be a great passer, ala Kyle Trask. But nope - Nix can't pass either.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Malzahn just seemed to get away with what worked for him for so long. That no-huddle ground-and-pound offense he had was absolutely unstoppable when it was rolling. Defenses were so gassed they would practically beg for it to be over. However, it required a running QB to make it work and Malzahn put the nail in his own coffin by making Bo Nix his QB. Nix does nothing particularly well....nothing. If you're going to sacrifice your signature running game for a non-scrambling QB, you would think he'd at least be a great passer, ala Kyle Trask. But nope - Nix can't pass either.

Stidham wasn't much different in terms of lacking a true run threat. Noting like Nix, who just sucks at football and should've hung it up 10 years ago. But he wasn't what GM needs and yet he went after him. Seems like coaches do this repeatedly. Look how close we were to losing Richardson by chasing a kid in Jax that was not dual-threat at all and was a uga lock based on every report. It's like they can't help themselves but go after someone who doesn't fit what they do at all.

But what Aub fans have to ask themselves is who made the push for Nix? I doubt Malzahn insisted that he be the starter, especially with a guy like Gatewood standing by. It was likely the good ole boy network behind the scene who weren't going to sit a legend's son. So they likely pushed that on him, because they of course know better, and then fire him when it doesn't work. Because, once again, they know better. Good to see we're not the only school with wealthy buffoons associated and who have way too much say.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Stidham wasn't much different in terms of lacking a true run threat. Noting like Nix, who just sucks at football and should've hung it up 10 years ago. But he wasn't what GM needs and yet he went after him. Seems like coaches do this repeatedly. Look how close we were to losing Richardson by chasing a kid in Jax that was not dual-threat at all and was a uga lock based on every report. It's like they can't help themselves but go after someone who doesn't fit what they do at all.

But what Aub fans have to ask themselves is who made the push for Nix? I doubt Malzahn insisted that he be the starter, especially with a guy like Gatewood standing by. It was likely the good ole boy network behind the scene who weren't going to sit a legend's son. So they likely pushed that on him, because they of course know better, and then fire him when it doesn't work. Because, once again, they know better. Good to see we're not the only school with wealthy buffoons associated and who have way too much say.
You're certainly right in that this "new" Auburn offense started with Malzahn going with Stidham - but at least Stidham was a far superior passer than Nix. Still, they should have stayed with what they had rolling.

I agree that there was likely outside pressure to put Nix's sorry ass out there.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
It is odd how Gus has transitioned his offense away from what actually worked the last several years. Hell the best qb he's had was a back up cb who couldn't throw for shyt. You'd think he say fuch what the money guys say and go back to doing what got him there in the first place.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It is odd how Gus has transitioned his offense away from what actually worked the last several years. Hell the best qb he's had was a back up cb who couldn't throw for shyt. You'd think he say fuch what the money guys say and go back to doing what got him there in the first place.
Never understood it. His offense sucked balls when he decided running up the score with mobile qb's wasn't good enough

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt. In 2014 under Nick Marshall, Auburn had the #1 ranked rushing offense in the entire nation - an astounding 328 rushing yards a game (more than even Army and Navy!). That team would simply run over you and enjoy it. Defenses were so tanked they practically had to be carried off the field.

Compared to our hideous offense at the time, I was envious of it.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I think Malzahn did a pretty solid job in his tenure. May have been 2 playoff appearances if his RB doesn't get hurt during the Iron Bowl after beating uga the first time in 2017. Plus he's the only coach in the conference with multiple wins over Saban. Just as I said with Mullen, that West(plus uga in their case) is an absolute beast.

But having said all that, 21.5 to go away and not have to face those pressures any more has to be the best news he's ever received. People forget that he really only made his splash at Arkansas because he had three great players that were committed elsewhere(two here) and Nutt thought that offering their HC the OC position would help get them to stay home. Don't get me wrong, he was very successful at the HS level. But to go from that to making collectively probably 40-50 million over the next 15 years is a pretty fortunate turn of events.

Still think Aub is dumb here. But I generally think they're dumb, so that shouldn't come as a surprise.
I agree that overall Gus did a fairly good job there. And having multiple wins over Saban is amazing in itself. Even comparing Auburn letting him go to UT letting Fulmer go isn't a level comparison, the same result may come back to bite Auburn. Look at the years since Phil at UT---still biting them to this very day and it's been what 12 years? I have to feel the same will be staring at Auburn for awhile. Sure them may have some success off and on depending on who they get, but until they have sustained seasons AND most importantly the can beat Ala consistently....they might face a roller coaster coaching carousel.

Agree also about Gus having a tidy 21.5 mil and no pressure could prove best thing to happen to him. He could take an analyst job at SECN along side another Chiz and simply take it easy. That show could soon become known as the place where former AU coaches go to live out the rest of their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.