Scott Frost and his 12-20 record accused of violations; may be fired by Christmas

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The moral of the story is if you’re going to cheat, be sure to have some undefeated seasons & win multiple national titles, then you’ll be an untouchable cash cow.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
At least they have this going for them:

Under his leadership, the Cornhuskers have never finished higher than fifth in the Big Ten West. The program has had four straight losing seasons, its longest streak since the late 1950s.

Florida:

nicholas-cage-dodge.gif

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
"The NCAA investigation includes Nebraska's impermissible use of analysts and consultants running special teams drills, according to the report. Analysts are not among the 10 full-time on-field assistants and are not allowed to speak with players."

Anyone believe that is not happening at Bama?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
"The NCAA investigation includes Nebraska's impermissible use of analysts and consultants running special teams drills, according to the report. Analysts are not among the 10 full-time on-field assistants and are not allowed to speak with players."

Anyone believe that is not happening at Bama?
Bama does what they want.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not a good look for Nebraska. Workouts were moved to an “undisclosed” location off campus to avoid detection and with the assent of Frost, whose former boss, Bill Moos, unexpectedly quit in June, automatically forfeiting $1.25m in deferred comp due in a little over a year. Tell me, who walks away from that?

Maybe Moos’ decision wasn’t all that curious. Maybe Nebraska is looking at a tough decision on Frost, who hasn’t exactly lit it up in spite of the cheating.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not a good look for Nebraska. Workouts were moved to an “undisclosed” location off campus to avoid detection and with the assent of Frost, whose former boss, Bill Moos, unexpectedly quit in June, automatically forfeiting $1.25m in deferred comp due in a little over a year. Tell me, who walks away from that?

Maybe Moos’ decision wasn’t all that curious. Maybe Nebraska is looking at a tough decision on Frost, who hasn’t exactly lit it up in spite of the cheating.
This may be the excuse they need to get rid of him. To the surprise of no one, it was never, ever going to work out there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This may be the excuse they need to get rid of him. To the surprise of no one, it was never, ever going to work out there.

I’m going to double down on my previously stated belief that Frost, with the kind of athletes he likes, would have been a great fit at Florida.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
To me, unless they take over horrific train wrecks, good coaches simply don't start at a school at 12-20. The fact is his mediocre predecessors had better records. Your record is what you are.

Do you think Saban or Meyer would be 12-20 in the same situation? The guy just isn't that great of a coach.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
To me, unless they take over horrific train wrecks, good coaches simply don't start at a school at 12-20. The fact is his mediocre predecessors had better records. Your record is what you are.

Do you think Saban or Meyer would be 12-20 in the same situation? The guy just isn't that great of a coach.

I agree. I do still think 78's point is valid that he could've possibly done some good things here with the type of talent we can(should) attract. But his reasons for spurning the best opportunity where he could win to please a handful of family or fans also says a lot about his true desire to win. To your last question, Saban or Meyer would've never put themselves in that position because they'd recognize that they'd be losing a ton of games and couldn't stomach it. The fact that Frost parlayed an undefeated season at Ucf and the national acclaim that followed, into taking over a disaster, outdated program that doesn't even have an identity within its own conference, has to be one of the worst moves of all time. Some of us said at the time that he was being dragged to Lincoln kicking and screaming, completely aware that it was the wrong move. But he didn't have the stones to simply say no. Sometimes you have to be a man and go with your gut. He didn't.

To be fair on the "can't stand losing" aspect, you could make an argument against Mullen in that regard as well. Going to Starkville is one thing. Staying as long as he did, knowing at best he's staring at 4 losses a year, is something else. Still think he was the smartest hire of those we considered, but that's another story.

Honestly, that looks like it's the case with all three of our targets in 2017. We went after a TV Guide list of who was best rather than doing our own research to find a next great coach that would fit UF. If Norvell does well this year, that will still be, imo, the real miss by this admin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator