Scott Frost: Nebraska and Florida

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My experience with Nebraska weather....(skip if you have ADD or just don't care)

So I have to travel with my job and had to go to Omaha in the middle of January.....it was 13 degrees BELOW ZERO. When I parked the car and got out to go into the hotel, there were two squirrels in the brush next to the car. I wondered by they were not running as I was less than 5 feet away from them. THEY WERE FROZEN....FROZEN SOLID. I went into the hotel and the desk clerk asked me if I had plugged my rental car into the outlet in front of the car. I asked why and he told me that at the temperatures they were expecting that night (-25 or colder) that my car battery would most likely be dead and if not, the oil in the car would be so thick it would not pump through the car...potential leaving me stranded somewhere. I was like WTF??? Then, the next morning, I had to borrow a hammer and screw driver to chip off the ice on the car so I could open my door and see out the windshield. I went to my meeting and told the story to the folks I was meeting with and they all just looked at me like, "yeah...so?" I thought to myself, "what the hell is wrong with you people??" and vowed to never go back to the state ever again. That was 17 years ago and I handed that account over to a newbie who later told me he quit the company because he did not ever want to go back to Nebraska.

Lmao this is good stuff

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
When I parked the car and got out to go into the hotel, there were two squirrels in the brush next to the car. I wondered by they were not running as I was less than 5 feet away from them. THEY WERE FROZEN....FROZEN SOLID.
:bwahaha:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Depending on the actual amount of income, Nebraska would have to pay about 300-400k per year more than use just to break even due to state income taxes and property taxes.

And you can be at the beach in less than 2 hours.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My experience with Nebraska weather....(skip if you have ADD or just don't care)

So I have to travel with my job and had to go to Omaha in the middle of January.....it was 13 degrees BELOW ZERO. When I parked the car and got out to go into the hotel, there were two squirrels in the brush next to the car. I wondered why they were not running as I was less than 5 feet away from them. THEY WERE FROZEN....FROZEN SOLID. I went into the hotel and the desk clerk asked me if I had plugged my rental car into the outlet in front of the car. I asked why and he told me that at the temperatures they were expecting that night (-25 or colder) that my car battery would most likely be dead and if not, the oil in the car would be so thick it would not pump through the car...potential leaving me stranded somewhere. I was like WTF??? Then, the next morning, I had to borrow a hammer and screw driver to chip off the ice on the car so I could open my door and see out the windshield. I went to my meeting and told the story to the folks I was meeting with and they all just looked at me like, "yeah...so?" I thought to myself, "what the hell is wrong with you people??" and vowed to never go back to the state ever again. That was 17 years ago and I handed that account over to a newbie who later told me he quit the company because he did not ever want to go back to Nebraska.

Great story. Glad to have you. Post more please.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
To take the weather aspect a step further....you have access to athletes that train year round AND you have the ability to have your kids train year round out doors. I think that is a big reason FL kids are worth that extra .5 star. only MHO of course

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The weather? You guys are way over thinking this. He either goes with his heart or his gut.

Think food.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
He is going to be a new father. He will have to be gone a lot in Nebraska to recruit. It would be a lot of day trips in Florida. Maybe that is an argument that he stays at UCF versus going anywhere, but it definitely is an argument that he doesn't go to Nebraska.

And put me in the pile that Omaha sucks ballz. But ... that is irrelevant because people are from where people are from so if you are from there then it might not suck ballz in your mind. But .. it sucks ballz.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Alex.

This bird is questioning your Arbor Day smack -

74.jpg

Oh wait, yeah, Nebraska. Never mind, carry on!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Hilarious boast -- just look at all the trees ! Arbor Day founded there... well they're true to their words.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I drove though Nebraska once as a kid on the way to Colorado...the only thing as bad or worse was the drive back through Kansas

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I drove though Nebraska once as a kid on the way to Colorado...the only thing as bad or worse was the drive back through Kansas
Seems like it takes 3 days to drive through either one.

Ohhh, look! A tumbleweed!

jessica0

Nov 8, 2017
It's gonna come down to money, and recruiting. Good luck Huskers!

Money isn't going to be the make or break for him. He will care more about where his heart is at and what money he can get for his assistants. His wife is from Arizona (Scottsdale) and lived in Oregon for a while. Weather isn't going to matter much to her. She will care more about the educational system for her kid.

jessica0

Nov 8, 2017
Exactly. They can talk all they want about hiring Frost or anybody else but until they actually fire the current coach its pretty hard to seriously shop for a new one.

He will be stepping down after the Iowa game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.